• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Gunsmithing wheelchair mouted rifle

hero's machine

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 2, 2011
E. WA
Any of you ever build a mount for handicapped hunters? I am trying to help a friend build a chair for a kid that was hit on his bike leaving him a quad. We are floundering with the controls for the rifle/chair. This will be a challenge and a stretch......but if anyone has controls expertise, specifically wireless.....or has built a chair..... I would love to chat.

Thanks.

Re: wheelchair mouted rifle

Contact wheelchairman on this forum. He's got an Ar mount for his chair and we rigged him up a bench for his side by side.

Read the title of this thread and immediately thought of hiding a firearm in the body of the chair for defense. LOL, whoops!

Variations on a theme (we also had a gent with MS who shot highpower rifle at Camp Perry):

Air+rifle+076.JPG

http://gimpgirlsrule.blogspot.com/2011/07/us-nationals-for-air-rifle-and-air.html

14230-19743-file-eng.png

One of the local shooters at my range also uses a bite trigger on his wheelchair mount. I believe his is a one off mount though. He had it rigged up for a wildcat 6mm Grendel AR. Pretty sweet set-up and seemed to work well for him.

I was going to post the same links these guys have given you already.

As the VP & Director of Assistance for Hunters Helping Hunters (hhh-usa.org) I have been asked this same question several times. You my friend, have already been giving some of the best places to look for what your doing.

Good luck and post some pictures of your build and any ideas or tips you have for other shooters/hunters in need of this type of set up.

Thanks guys. This may not be a real quick build.....but should be the most rewarding.