• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes When comparing the 5-25's :USO....Premier

yep, that's why I'm trying to soak up as much free knowledge as possible regarding ring height... I HATE buying rings and finding out a lower set could've been used with success.

Guys (Jtrax and P03) I appreciate your time in regards to this topic.

No problem. Question for you though, are you using a chassis or stock with an adjustable cheek piece that you can adjust the height on?

I'm waiting for a high ring from my smith. His medium ring barely cleared the 58" objective of my USO. I think I have 1/16" clearance between the scope objective and the barrel.

Did't read every post but here is a 5-25 on mcmillian a5 m24 profile barrel deviant action low uso rings
yvuse4uz.jpg

For comparison here is a 7mm mag. 26" barrel (hunting) with Razor.
ypa6y5ep.jpg

The USO us waY better for me with the RDP -- but way bigger

Sent from my iPhone

Jt

Thanks for posting the pic sir.

Did't read every post but here is a 5-25 on mcmillian a5 m24 profile barrel deviant action low uso rings
yvuse4uz.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Jt

The USO 34mm low rings are 1.065" . So all things considered, a 1" or slightly higher ring to be safe, should work fine. Go with a 1.1xx" ring to give yourself wiggle room unless your one of those who obsess over having the scope as low as possible.

The USO 34mm low rings are 1.065" . So all things considered, a 1" or slightly higher ring to be safe, should work fine. Go with a 1.1xx" ring to give yourself wiggle room unless your one of those who obsess over having the scope as low as possible.

I'm thinking NF 6 screw 1.125"... to be safe.

Thanks guys.

Both are great scopes. I use a few USO myself, I love the EREK elevation turret. At this time my go to rifle scope is still the Premier, the turrets clicks are outstanding, the glass is some of the best on the market, and the GENII XR rocks.

6212168613_4dc5238918_b.jpg

6212014187_21d382caea_b.jpg

Mike CSTACTICAL

Last edited:
I am in agreement with this ^^ re: USO glass quality at the present time. I primarily run Schmidt 5-25's along with a couple of Premier 5-25's, and March FX 5-40x56. That said, a while back I picked up a USO 5-25x58 Gen II XR. I did not know what to expect as far as glass quality. After many trips to my range and testing the USO in varying conditions against my other scopes, I am I have found my USO to be as good optically as my other scopes. In fact, I've enjoyed this USO so much that I just received my 2nd USO...a 3.2-17x44 GEN II XR.

Say what???? Have I turned you into a USO guy ;)

yvuse4uz.jpg

For comparison here is a 7mm mag. 26" barrel (hunting) with Razor.
ypa6y5ep.jpg

Sent from my iPhone

Jt

Some bad ass rifles sir, Glad you're enjoying the scopes

K_4, you're next :)

You must have paid him to take the USO because he definitely wasn't saying this a month ago.

No sir, I can assure you I did not do that. I was never told there was a issue, if there was. I would do everything possible to make it right. Now if you ever want to call and chat or clear any doubts of me before making assumptions. Please do

(832)519-5041

Julio
Lazy21

No sir, I can assure you I did not do that. I was never told there was a issue, if there was. I would do everything possible to make it right. Now if you ever want to call and chat or clear any doubts of me before making assumptions. Please do

(832)519-5041

Julio
Lazy21

Whoa Whoa Whoa! I was just joking. Jtrax hasn't ever said anything negative to me about USO other than it being a big scope. He just hasn't sung USO's praises to me like he has recently. He has a LOT of top shelf scopes to play with and I think the fact that he has been using the USO recently and raving about it speaks volumes. Sorry Josh! I didn't mean to stir up anything.