• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When Did Moderate Become a Bad Word?

19Scout77

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Jun 9, 2007
GA
My entire life I have considered myself a Republican...but more importantly a MODERATE Republican. As such there was always the ability to find common ground and allow logic to drive decisions. Most importantly, it was always possible to reach across the aisle to MODERATE Democrats and get things done for the common good.

I guess I missed the memo! When did moderate become a bad word and they pulled all the aisle seats?

Last edited:
When the democrats all decided to destroy the country and the “moderate” republicans kept trying to compromise with them is when it became a bad thing. You can’t negotiate with someone who wants to end your way of life.

Also, apparently grammar is also now out if your title is any indication.

I think it becomes easier to swing from being moderate to less willing to bend after the liberal side showed just how far from center they are leaning. Add to that the fact that most are ignorant to the Constitution, believe that they are entitled to a share of the fruits if your labor, and will do everything in their power to silence you...and it forces many moderates hard to the other side.

It doesn't take a lot of internet searching to see how violent the mob of the left is towards their neighbors who share a different political ideology. Same with the bombardment of ridiculous philosophy and indoctrination on your children when they are in school.

I tried to stay moderate, but the writing was on the wall to the point where I passed on a DC beltway GS-14 job after retirement from the Marines, and I took up cattle in the middle of nowhere southeast Oklahoma instead. Yes, I work 10 times harder to make a quarter of the money now. However, I have nobody to compete with when it comes to raising my family with the values that I hold dear to my heart. A very worthwhile tradeoff in my opinion.

And attacking each other on this thread topic only proves that conservative Republicans don't have their shit together enough to appeal to the moderate Democrats.

I used to be not so hard core right. Just leave me alone and leave the Constitution and all parts there of, alone and I was good. Believed in checks and balances because I never liked seeing one side capable of calling all the shots. But after this three ring circus and after being shoved into a corner and classified as all that is bad in the world because of my voting stance and whatever else that the left can come up with, along with the hard push to change our country into an unrecognizable landscape, I’m so far right Rush is shitting his pants from the hear after.

Modern day politics is the process wherein a right wing politician trades short term benefit to themselves, personally, for everlasting harm to their constituents.

This is the modern day compromise. Modern day “moderate” politicians.

And the trade you are making isn’t some benign swap. It’s more along the lines of “I’ll trade you a bag of high grade dog food if you will let me rape and murder your two kids...”

The modern moderate would have to be willing to say “I guess that works for me. Dog will be happy.”.

It’s a sign of the goodness of right wing Americans that we are finally saying no, not a bad thing.

Everything the left offers is based on avoiding personal responsibility and/or getting free stuff, and they take away others rights and property toward that end.
Being a moderate means you're OK with that, as long as they do it gradually.

70% of the federal budget already goes to entitlement spending, all created by democrats. Yet they still clamor for more. How much are you willing to compromise away?

Guess it started with Mccain for me. Moderate to me is someone that does not have the backbone to say no and takes the easy way out. They also go along to get along and enrich themselves at the same time. How's that working for our country?
So far as democraps verses republipussies, there really is no difference and it was nicely demonstrated by the Donald. I never trust a politician, but Trump sure seemed to shake up that snow globe world in washinshit. That's what a non-moderate looks and talks like.
I believe a famous person said:
"So then, because you are lukewarm, and neither cold nor hot, I will vomit you out of My mouth." That's how I feel about the moderate.

Wasn't wild about the Donald in all things. He was the worst personnel manager that I ever saw. Terrible choices for inner circle. Still, he at least made you feel good about being an American and did well for the economy. Now we'll see what he does for the future. It will be interesting.

Interesting...2 responses to my question and both by users on the “ignored user” list! Go figure...
And I actually corrected my typo before I wasted my time thinking a douchebag zebra might change its stripes.
Surprised? Dont be. There are many good people here, unfortunately there are also many that while screaming about how much they love the constitution will attack anyone who holds a view different from theirs. They would rather throw filth than think out a plausible answer. Watch what happens to this reply. LOL.

Im pretty much in your camp. Ive always considered myself a 'Realist' not to the right or left, perhaps a 'Centrist'. Taking time to stop and evaluate each issue and arrive at a honest view. In the last few years the 'left', the communist left, has pushed so hard to destroy our values and way of life I now feel far right of center.

I've never had much use for moderates policy wise, and have always been much more conservative than that. However, there is a lot of room for moderation of temperament and intellect. I think what we are seeing now is, on both sides, anybody who is willing to look at facts before coming to a decision, or anybody who is willing to look for the good in people, despite their policies, is ostracized. It has poisoned the country terribly, and led to a population that only assumes the very worst possible about their intellectual opponents. It's sad, both the level of insane confirmation bias, and absolute hatred.

The bear pit is a perfect example of this on the right. The entire Democratic party is a perfect example of this on the left. Low information, high dudgeon. There are, of course, exceptions.

Or drive a cool old truck... My handle long predates Snipers Hide.
EED3C9BD-F48D-4CCE-A797-07557E7B4FFF.jpeg

America has become I guess one of the more desirable shitholes amongst all the shitholes on earth which looking at it in that perspective isn't isn't the worst , where else could you go ?

When a government needs to help its own people suffering from a deadly pandemic , loss of work and no income and decides your money would be better spent helping Pakistani Transexuals in Pakistan you know your stuck in one hell of a shithole.
You lived in a lock down forced to wear mask and kept away from gathering with your family. The government decides to tell illegal aliens to bum rush our borders and lets them in during a pandemic you have to ask yourself why was it illegal for me to be with my family and perfectly legal for the illegal aliens to move freely without restrictions.

What is really needed is a procedure or course, as if in a circuit, back to a starting point.

Reactions: 10ring'r
Or drive a cool old truck... My handle long predates Snipers Hide.View attachment 7569057
Beautiful, those are some tough old beasts. They'd destroy your kidney's pretty quickly but were nearly indestructible.

My one caveat is "Why do ya'll always put the winch on the front?" Seems like if you went into a place and got stuck you'd want to winch yourself back out, not further in.

The winch is in the front because if I am alone...I obviously need to get somewhere so I am still gonna move forward. If I am with friends...they can yank me out with a tug ‘em. Now do you really think that thing has been in the muck since I turned into a “snowflake” and made it all purty? 😀

Last edited:
Those posting divisive replies in the thread are no better than the communists they so despise. As your parents should have told you...if you are not part of the solution, you are part of the problem. Snowflake...yup that’s me.

Yes. Well this isn't 1977 anymore. Why don't you go ahead and make a deal with your masters now.

You know whats really funny?
How you and our resident shit stick, just kinda got together a touched tips here in this obvious, ham handed attempt at stirring political shit.
Hadn't you heard? Your new buddy hasn't really paid much mind either.

Delete it. You will soon enough.
Oh, and put me on ignore too if you like.

Lots of hate to go around today, and a lot of good reasons to hate. Not sure there is any middle ground left? I just try to keep moving forward.

Reactions: Doc68 and Maggot
Very interesting...posting something with which you disagree is “political pot-stirring”. Could it possibly an invitation to the table to discuss a workable solution? Nope...ramblings of a Snowflake. It’s always a good idea to alienate someone who likely shares a majority of interests and views...because god-forbid...they are amenable to at least attempting to identify a tenable middle ground.

Lots of hate to go around today, and a lot of good reasons to hate. Not sure there is any middle ground left? I just try to keep moving forward.
There is plenty of middle ground left. Maybe not politically, but personally. That is why people have the need to absolutely demonize political opponents. Make them into rapists, traitors and pedophiles. It destroys all of the shared humanity that does bind us. If that shared humanity wasn't so dangerous to extremists, why would they do everything they can to punish people for recognizing it?

I cant find ANY good reasons to hate. Hate is to expensive and too destructive to the soul. If I burn my energy in hate I dont have it to use for constructive enterprises.

I do find a lot of what I see as unacceptable to my view but the best path Ive found is to pay attention to myself and do my best to stay on the narrow path. Like 'Pilgrim' from Pilgrim's Progress I often find myself getting off the path and into the quagmire but always try to keep focused on the shining city ahead.

However, to agree with Bender with an edit, Communism is entirely unacceptable and the only solution Ive found is absolute destruction.

Reactions: BufordTJustice
Wow! It’s amazing with posts counts like those of the “tough guys” in this thread that they have anytime to go out and kill commies!! Smart phone in one hand...lynching rope in the other???

Interesting...2 responses to my question and both by users on the “ignored user” list! Go figure...
And I actually corrected my typo before I wasted my time thinking a douchebag zebra might change its stripes.

So you are all about compromise but on a forum where most of us agree on most things you have multiple people on ignore? Something is rotten in Denmark. How are you going to compromise with our enemies if you can't rise above petty dislikes with people who agree with you?

Compromise and being reasonable have already cost us half our rights. Cause when we win they want compromise, but when they win "elections have consequences John."

Very interesting...posting something with which you disagree is “political pot-stirring”. Could it possibly an invitation to the table to discuss a workable solution? Nope...ramblings of a Snowflake. It’s always a good idea to alienate someone who likely shares a majority of interests and views...because god-forbid...they are amenable to at least attempting to identify a tenable middle ground.
As much as I believe in resolving issues peacefully, there is no reasoning with some, including Communists, Nazis, and their ilk.

Wow! It’s amazing with posts counts like those of the “tough guys” in this thread that they have anytime to go out and kill commies!! Smart phone in one hand...lynching rope in the other???
Im by no means a 'tough guy', Im old and damn near worn out from getting through this world. One thing Ive found is that there are some with which there can be no reasoning nor compromise.

Could you reason with Hitler? Pol Pot? Stalin? Mao?

I think not.

Reactions: BytorJr
Let me rephrase...I'm tired of virtue signaling, woke(whatever the fuck that is), racism everywhere, feelings, hypocrisy, the left, revisionist ideology, control, group think, stupidity, people... etc. I really think the "hate" kept me warm during the week of cold Texas winter.

Last edited:
My entire life I have considered myself a Republican...but more importantly a MODERATE Republican. As such there was always the ability to find common ground and allow logic to drive decisions. Most importantly, it was always possible to reach across the aisle to MODERATE Democrats and get things done for the common good.

I guess I missed the memo! When did moderate become a bad word and they pulled all the aisle seats?
There’s a purity test - apparently you failed...

A phrase one should become familiar with:
Scorched Earth.
This ^^^ is what team blue has taken as their party's core action/belief.
They are more than willing to go scorched earth if they'll not have their way.
The last 4 years of Trump and the last year of "Rona" should make this clear.
That is what happened to compromise.

R

Moderates don't get coverage by the MSM because there's no money in it. "News" about moderates, or centrists, or realists, whatever the term is, doesn't generate viewers. Reports on far either way views get people to watch. Half to agree and half to disagree. But both halves see the commercials that provide the MSM its revenue.

Since moderates won't get coverage, viewers must make a choice between the two extreme views presented. Because the views presented are far either way, viewers are "all in" or "all out". And just like that, each side assigned any moderate to the opposing side.

Therefore both "sides" think moderate is a bad word. And, in the current political climate, because of the MSM and (anti)social media almost everyone feels a "side" must be adopted as an absolute. No room for discussion, my way or the highway, case closed.

I fear it will not end well.

Thank you,
MrSmith

Im by no means a 'tough guy', Im old and damn near worn out from getting through this world. One thing Ive found is that there are some with which there can be no reasoning nor compromise.

Could you reason with Hitler? Pol Pot? Stalin? Mao?

I think not.
This is true. But what do you do if you don't have a Hitler, Mao, Stalin or Pol Pot to fight against? The answer, in this day and age, seems to be that you need to create him. And unfortunately, the more successful that answer shows to be, the more ingrained the pattern of doing it, until, well, you enable the ascendance of a real Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin or Mao.

This is true. But what do you do if you don't have a Hitler, Mao, Stalin or Pol Pot to fight against? The answer, in this day and age, seems to be that you need to create him. And unfortunately, the more successful that answer shows to be, the more ingrained the pattern of doing it, until, well, you enable the ascendance of a real Hitler, Pol Pot, Stalin or Mao.
So true.

I was driving home the other night and put on the radio to pass the time. I hit this talk show and the guy was talking about how we were being completely lied to )as Americans). My first thought was "Aw fuck another liberal puke running down my country, but there werent any other stations I could pick up so I listened as he one by one he set out his point. Basically that if you look around the world at where we are at war, in every instance it is a place where 1- there is oil, and 2- the people are of brown or tan skin. Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and even in Venezuela where we are supporting the overthrow of Maduro. Venezuela has one of if not the largest reserve oil in the world.

Make no mistake, I love America and am honored to have been born and raised here, but we have strayed from the right path.

Reactions: Bender
So true.

I was driving home the other night and put on the radio to pass the time. I hit this talk show and the guy was talking about how we were being completely lied to )as Americans). My first thought was "Aw fuck another liberal puke running down my country, but there werent any other stations I could pick up so I listened as he one by one he set out his point. Basically that if you look around the world at where we are at war, in every instance it is a place where 1- there is oil, and 2- the people are of brown or tan skin. Iraq, Afghanistan, Syria, and even in Venezuela where we are supporting the overthrow of Maduro. Venezuela has one of if not the largest reserve oil in the world.

Make no mistake, I love America and am honored to have been born and raised here, but we have strayed from the right path.
There is a pedophile death cult that runs the government’s. People are just seeing the tip of the iceberg of what ends our “leaders” will go to. These secret societies have been with us since the beginning of time. The past four years of Trump were the outlier. The “elections” are further proof of their resolve and power.

what was JFK’s last speech?

I’ve always thought that “moderate” equated to compromise” Let me use this analogy! You are on a football team that chooses to give up a little yardage every play (think “prevent defense”), rather than play firm on the play whereas a mistake can equal a huge gain for the offense. If your linebackers are playing pass defense, and the offense stays on the ground making 3 to 4 yards every play. The offense makes a first down on every series of downs....eventually scoring and winning the game!

Screw moderation.... be aggressive and never, never compromise the values that are the foundation of our Republic. Take the fight to them.....make the enemy compromise! You cannot win the game by continually giving the enemy yardage in the game of freedom! memtb

FWIW, there is a REAL answer to this question. When liberalism fell out of favor during the Reagan years, liberals rebranded themselves as moderates, which made the word poisonous to conservatives. Now, Progressives ave power in the Dem party so they are in full on war against their "moderates" and see them as traitors on issues like minimum wage, reparations and filibuster. It's just word games in that way. But that does not change the fact that moderation as a virtue seems to be dead in the US for now.

Reactions: Jgunner
The Constitution following Americans have been compromising (moderate thought) since Wilson was president! And.....look where we are now!

This is how I feel about moderates....moderation jeopardizes the future of my grandchildren! This is God’s thought about moderates! memtb

Revelation 3:15-16​

“‘I know your works: you are neither cold nor hot. Would that you were either cold or hot! So, because you are lukewarm, and neither hot nor cold, I will spit you out of my mouth.

It started when Obama came in, labels, separation and radicality. It all gained power thanks to Obama. A few people thought he was some kind of savior but i could always see right through him.
Yes and no. The modern acceleration started with Obama. But the cancer was already with us when we left England. We have had many presidents that were compromised. The Federal Reserve is another time we got screwed. Rigging elections are not new. Look what Obama did in his primary to get his senate seat. Then again to get the democratic nomination. They rigged it again for Clinton against Sanders. They rigged it again against Clinton vs Trump, but the people are starting to wake up, and Trump won so huge they couldn’t cheat enough to overcome it. They were not going to let that happen again. Hence, our past election. Never forget they do not hate trump.

they hate you.