• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When did you realize you were getting old?

About 70 when it hit me, "You've only got aa max of 10 more years here."

the the hip re;placement....
When it took me 2 days to recover from a good party
Lol, until 35 or so I could party for a week, get one good nights sleep and a square meal and be gtg.

Now I party for a night and its a week's recovery.

"You have arthritis in your knees"
"No I don't"
"YES you do"
----
"When were you born? (to coworker)"
---
When my shoulders started sounding like bubble wrap everytime I move.
My right shoulder sounds like a gun going off every so often. Huts like a bitch. I know I need the surgery but .............

I looked in the mirror and saw my Dad looking back -so I rung him and he told me not to worry about it. Then he said, wait till it's your grandfather....

I'm still young, I think.

That said, if I wake up and nothing hurts I check for a pulse.

Reactions: MadDuner
My problem is that I keep forgetting that I am old. I still have a lot of strength and so far, I can still think pretty well.

I still mow the lawn. I had a tree break in a storm in June. Because of schedules and endurance, I worked Saturday mornings cutting down the broken sections and getting them in my trailer (5x10 single axle with ramp gate.) Then I tow off and dump them at the solid waste dump.

Now, mowing the lawn, I have to take a break between the front yard and the back yard.

One sure sign of age, I have to get up once or twice at night to pee.

When OLD bitches look good.:D
What is old exactly here?
A 27 yr old when you are 15?
A 40 yr old when you are 18?
A 65 yr old when you are 45?
Or are you talking grannies in an old fucks home at 65?
I'm changing your screen name to WTFDoc
At 45, looking at 17 yr olds is fucking wrong, even worse as we age.

What is old exactly here?
A 27 yr old when you are 15?
A 40 yr old when you are 18?
A 65 yr old when you are 45?
Or are you talking grannies in an old fucks home at 65?
I'm changing your screen name to WTFDoc
No man, when you are 20 you see a 50 year old woman you are like no way with this old bitch, but when you are 60 that 50 year old bitch looks
good.

Looking is always ok, thats part of being a man not just a male., Ya just gotta remember that at 17 its still green and illegal. At 18 its still green but legal.

No man, when you are 20 you see a 50 year old woman you are like no way with this old bitch, but when you are 60 that 50 year old bitch looks
good.
OK, you may be normal, lmao!
The first woman I banged when I moved here 44yrs ago was twice my age at 42, don't recall any regrets.
Here is a geriatric boner for you! Get some.
Doc.jpg

Reactions: 91Eunozs
Beginning to wonder about it - I have already lived 31 years longer than my dad did.
Noticed that I now need to put both hands on the torque wrench, when I could normally
pull 120 ft-lbs w/ one.
Also, I am not able to concentrate as well, and my reaction time has turned to crap.
Thus sold the motorcycle......

Another clue - both son & daughter are starting to get gray hair.....

Last edited:
Reactions: roostercogburn98
Most recently the thing that got me was: I have a trainee with me these days. On 9/11 a group of us were talking about where we were and what we were doing. My trainee piped up and said he wasn't born yet. That prompted an immediate F**k Y*U.

Only old fucks say that.
Trust me, you will get here soon enough.

It seemed like yesterday when my unit could stand up enough to hang a coat on.

Not so, any more.

Open heart surgery to replace a bad heart valve
I hope you made a good choice (mechanical over tissue, tissue valves were out, ask me how I know) and it lead to a quick improvement in your condition. Been there done that (x3), all in much younger years.

Also it may seem trite, but thank the good Lord you were born in a time and place when such a thing is an option.

Wish you all the best!

I hope you made a good choice (mechanical over tissue, tissue valves were out, ask me how I know) and it lead to a quick improvement in your condition. Been there done that (x3), all in much younger years.

Also it may seem trite, but thank the good Lord you were born in a time and place when such a thing is an option.

Wish you all the best!
A few years ago in the hospital, my wife had a Code Blue, Thanks to quick and efficient work, she made it back from that. And that is when I started really thanking God. Thankful for sparing her, and blessing us with technology and people dedicated to their vocation.

A few years ago in the hospital, my wife had a Code Blue, Thanks to quick and efficient work, she made it back from that. And that is when I started really thanking God. Thankful for sparing her, and blessing us with technology and people dedicated to their vocation.
God does some of his best work through doctors/nurses hands!
Glad she came though that.

Reactions: DIBBS and Ronws
good.
Knew a couple when I was in high school, Fred & Mary. Fred was 19, Mary was 57. o_O

Conducting an annual physical health screening on soldiers and I saw this young female E2 with a very unusual last name. Same last name as a fellow 2LT that was KIA in Iraq back in 2004. I said I knew a soldier with the same last name and mentioned his full name. She piped up "that was my uncle!". Made me feel instantly old. I was doing screening exams on soldiers that were basically the sons and daughters of soldiers I deployed and fought with. Hell, I'm seeing troops now that were born in 2006.

Right now, when I was talking to a recruiter in 06 and looking at colleges. 😐

I caught myself turning down the radio in the car to read the road signs.

I pulled a neck muscle sneezing.

I dislocated my shoulder jumping out of the bed of a truck(inertia).

Things started to grow on me that doctors wanted to cut off.

Rain makes everything hurt....everything.

Hangovers last for days, not hours anymore.

23yo women, no matter how good they look physically, are unattractive because theyre still girls.

Damn... this list is longer than i thought.

Shred

Reactions: mtrmn and The D
I saw this the other day on some forum.
When they ask your age and you spin that little wheel for the year you were born.
And it takes a while for it to get to your year…..your old.
When you are filling out forms on a computer and have to select your birth year and it takes a while to scroll back that far.

I think you guys all need to quantify these posts by also adding your age in. I'm finding myself relating to a lot of them, yet I think I'm half the age of some of the guys posting in here. That's not a good sign for me :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
Reactions: SamsonSimpson
I think you guys all need to quantify these posts by also adding your age in. I'm finding myself relating to a lot of them, yet I think I'm half the age of some of the guys posting in here. That's not a good sign for me :ROFLMAO:
Let me be cryptic and say that I was born the year that the Ford Mustang came out as a half-year model. The year the Beatles came to USA. Or, to put it another way, I am 59. I will be 60 next spring.

• Haha
Reactions: Bcamos
Let me be cryptic and say that I was born the year that the Ford Mustang came out as a half-year model. The year the Beatles came to USA. Or, to put it another way, I am 59. I will be 60 next spring.
I'm 33, I need to stop complaining lol.

• Haha
Reactions: Ronws
I'm 33, I need to stop complaining lol.
If it helps any, I never learned how to be "old." The spirit is willing though the flesh is weak.

I still feel like an assinine 20 year old, at times. In addition, I do not have a deep voice. So, I kind of sound young, I think.

Reactions: Bcamos
when 50 yo guys started wanting to help me load my ice chest and tackle box on deck of a party boat AND when i realized that 50 yo women were way too young for me get interested in. hitting on chicks younger than your daughter is tacky at best. when you need 16x to see and shoot well @ 100. many other signs.

Reactions: 91Eunozs and mtrmn
If it helps any, I never learned how to be "old." The spirit is willing though the flesh is weak.

I still feel like an assinine 20 year old, at times. In addition, I do not have a deep voice. So, I kind of sound young, I think.
So you sound like this guy?

• Haha
So you sound like this guy?

In his lower parts, yes. I can make my voice go deep by changing resonance and tension on the vocal folds. I actually did a cover of "Silent Lucidity" by Queensryche about 10 years ago. I hit the lowest note, an E2 which is technically in the basso-baritone range but I had to get right on the mic and give a volume boost in the mix-down.

edited to add:

My voice never cracked. When I was 14 and answered the phone, a person not knowing me would say "yes ma'am."

Last edited:
After a lengthy hospital stay and the loss of over 40 lbs, same here, it was kind of scary!
Yeah I was in intensive care for 6 days and 4 days in a regular room in 2007. Came out looking like Sadaam Hussein when they pulled him out of that spiderhole. Hair everywhere and weak as a kitten. Good to be alive though, I had sepsis.

Yeah I was in intensive care for 6 days and 4 days in a regular room in 2007. Came out looking like Sadaam Hussein when they pulled him out of that spiderhole. Hair everywhere and weak as a kitten. Good to be alive though, I had sepsis.
8 days for me in 2016, had a gangrenous gall bladder. That SUCKED!!

Reactions: mtrmn
Whoever said fifty is nifty is a fucking liar. All those hold my beer and watch this audiences are giggling when they listen to me just walk anywhere.

Reactions: DIBBS
When I realized I would rather stay in and go to bed by 10 rather than go out. I'm in my office working by 6am, so that may have something to do with that. lol!

When I realized I would rather stay in and go to bed by 10 rather than go out. I'm in my office working by 6am, so that may have something to do with that. lol!
10?! It’s an absolute miracle if I’m still awake at 9 on the weekends. But I get up at 3 to be at work by 4, so that may have something to do with it…

Reactions: stevieb92
Man, 3 days after I turned 38 I went out for a quick trail session on my 450R, came back and felt fine. Went to wash it the next day, leaned over to scrub the engine and pulled my back muscles so bad that I gave myself acute scoliosis. Been laid up for two weeks. Thank God for short term disability...