• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

When did you realize you were getting old?

I've also started to notice that I've transitioned from FDE to ODG as my go-so selection when buying things. I feel like it's a maturing of my bro-vetness that I've graduated away from the desert-esque hues and more towards dark foliage :ROFLMAO:

When people not knowing the difference between math and arithmetic, sell and sale, then and than, your and you're, and all of the other indicators showing the demise of attention to detail bother me WAY more than it should.

Thank you,
MrSmith

PS. - Waaa, Waaa, Waaa. Yes please, Cheddar.

When I had to get two stents, went from 0 pills to 4 a day, and was told avoid saturated fats.

November 2, 2023 - The date I had spinal surgery to remove a synovial cyst. Still recovering and not cleared to shoot yet. And I'm only 65.

49 specifically. That’s not old, but that’s when my heavily abused body started falling apart. Old man skin on the forearms was a real one too.

Reactions: trailer2
Turned 70 ..the Big Seven O a couple of weeks ago 🥴
Few observations…..Long runs get slower even though your body still thinks it’s faster. Harder to recover.
Pros : Used to think it was bizarre that people took naps. Love a nice short nap now. Not giving a fuck is easier , not that I ever did. Look for Senior deals ✊🏻
Had a physical last week …testosterone was almost 500 ng/dL 👍 No blue pill needed so far. 🍻🇺🇸

Reactions: MediumSpeed
When I started to use cheater glasses to read a menu when you go out to eat, at 50. Now at 60 I need actual prescription glasses.

Reactions: Sandhog308
When I successfully completed a task that my Gungdo teacher in Heilongjiang, China, assigned me to do: To be able to pull a 40lb draw hunting bow to full draw and hold it there as steady and motionless as a stone while tuning out everything around me, drifting leaves, lightly falling sleet and rain bouncing off my face and running into my eyes, 40 degree early winter wind, the increasing strain and burn of the muscles on my arm that is holding the drawn arrow, and only focusing on the swinging target 20 yards in front of me for 5 minutes straight, then loosing the arrow and nailing the moving cube straight through it's center. I was 11 years old. When that arrow slammed through the cube, the man did not congratulate me or say any words of praise, but only said: "Don't feel excited or happy. That was what you were supposed to do. You just learned the basic fundamentals of a martial art that has 20 tiers built up over 3000 years of development." Had already been shooting for years prior but Gungdo taught me the importance of being focused only on an important task at hand and being able to put aside all distractions and anything occupying my mind that is useless, until the task has been completed. These lessons translate to everything in life off the archery and gun range and translates equally: Weakness is doing or saying anything that produces no results. Only be satisfied with results.
Frank Dux?

Just hit 50 this past month and realizing that people today aren’t what people used to be back in the good old days.

Reactions: Sandhog308
When I wrote something down and then looked at it and wondered why my writing was so sloppy as I've always been a pretty decent hand writer.

My buddy calmly handed me a pair of reading glasses......and I said "no, my vision is fine" but he insisted I try them.
Damn if my next few written characters didn't have their old neat fashion.
I think my next words were something along the lines of "Oh fuck no".
I had perfect vision till I hit 50.5YO. That's when the cheaters had their first appearance.

I'm still somewhat surprised every time I look in the mirror and a gray haired SOB looks back at me

M

Reactions: MadDuner
I’m still a youngster at 65... but I am really upset about all the ”life celebrations” I continue to be invited to. My list of close friends continues to be shortened against my will. And continuously being referred to as ”Boomer” is beginning to cause me to speed up as I pass a mirror While looking away.

Reactions: JIMB3AM
September of 2022, my closest old classmate (we still see each other, living 40 miles apart,) and I went to our 40 year high school reunion.

Man, there was a lot of old people there.

Reactions: mi650 and MadDuner
Last week Fox posted a live TV note that the average life expectancy for Americans was 77.5yr.

I am 77.5 Y/O.

Guess I'm officially old, and aging...

Greg

PS I gave up on that mirror years ago...; there's not an ounce of good news left in it.

Last edited:
September of 2022, my closest old classmate (we still see each other, living 40 miles apart,) and I went to our 40 year high school reunion.

Man, there was a lot of old people there.
My 40th is coming up next year, won't be going. Went to my 30th, there was not 1 person there I knew.

Only reason we went was an ex gf asked me to, and my wife wanted to meet her. We ate and left, ex still wasn't there. She sent an email the next day, trying to give me shit about not being there. Told her it's been 30 years since I fucked you, I don't put up with your shit anymore! :cool:

Reactions: JIMB3AM
I’ve never talked to an Ex. Just the way it is with me I guess. Thankfully, my ex wife and I didn’t have kids. Phew!!

Im old b/c I was watching old pennis the menace shows thinking how groovy Mrs Wilson looked.

Been watching alot of old rowan and martins and wishing I could go back to the year I was born. 1970

My 40th is coming up next year, won't be going. Went to my 30th, there was not 1 person there I knew.

Only reason we went was an ex gf asked me to, and my wife wanted to meet her. We ate and left, ex still wasn't there. She sent an email the next day, trying to give me shit about not being there. Told her it's been 30 years since I fucked you, I don't put up with your shit anymore! :cool:
When I graduated high school, I was 6' 6".

Decades of more birthdays have shrunk me to a dainty little 6' 4". One of the few classmates I remembered was still Tom Cruise height.

And, unfairly, I still have my hair and not a bit of it is gray.

My brother is 2 years younger than I am and has a grown daughter and a grandson. And gray hair.

So, it's true, kids give you gray hair. I never got to have kids.

Next Tuesday when I finish my last shift and retire.

I'll filed a tax return for the first time when I was 16 and have never missed a year. This year I made more money than I did in the entire decade I spent on active duty in the military, haha. Some of the adventures seem like yesterday and it is surprising to think they were 30-40 years ago. In my mind I am still about 40 but the fat, aches and injuries tell me I'm wrong.

I have never been unemployed for longer than a few days in my entire life. I'm looking forward to my time belonging to me and no one else.

Last week Fox posted a live TV note that the average life expectancy for Americans was 77.5yr.

I am 77.5 Y/O.

Guess I'm officially old, and aging...

Greg

PS I gave up on that mirror years ago...; there's not an ounce of good news left in it.
Good Luck............

Next Tuesday when I finish my last shift and retire.

I'll filed a tax return for the first time when I was 16 and have never missed a year. This year I made more money than I did in the entire decade I spent on active duty in the military, haha. Some of the adventures seem like yesterday and it is surprising to think they were 30-40 years ago. In my mind I am still about 40 but the fat, aches and injuries tell me I'm wrong.

I have never been unemployed for longer than a few days in my entire life. I'm looking forward to my time belonging to me and no one else.
Just know this. If you come back in here later and talk about how retirement sucks, I will tell you to your face that you are doing it wrong.

I used to listen to "The Rest of the Story" with Paul Harvey. (Modernly, Mike Rowe is doing "The Way I heard it.")

I cannot remember the name of the person but he was CEO at a Fortune 500 company and finally retired and would not have to work another day in his life. Finally had time to go fishing. And got tired of it. So, one day, he decided he wanted to replace the cabinets in the kitchen. He bought the materials and built and hung his own cabinets.

One day, a friend was visiting and they were sittingin the nook next to the kitchen and the friend admired his cabinets.

"Who did those?"

"I did."

"Really? If I buy the stuff and buy you dinner, could build some for me?"

And he did. By the following year, he was back to working 12 hours a day operating a company that makes and installs cabinets.

That's not retirement but, hey, whatever makes you happy.

Last edited:

my 60th next year. will go. went to 30 & 50. small school/class-84 boys only catholic HS. several gone now. i will slightly know most. high % stayed in tampa life long. i think 77 qualifies as been old awhile.

Reactions: Ronws
I’ve never talked to an Ex. Just the way it is with me I guess. Thankfully, my ex wife and I didn’t have kids. Phew!!

Im old b/c I was watching old pennis the menace shows thinking how groovy Mrs Wilson looked.

Been watching alot of old rowan and martins and wishing I could go back to the year I was born. 1970
I had an Ex just knock at the door unexpectedly - with a small child in hand - and my wife answered the door. I’m pretty sure that single moment aged me by ten years! Lucky for me, the math between becoming an Ex and the age of the child - missed by three years. Her current husband had just recently died and she was flat broke and looking for help. My wife went from “I’ll kill the bitch” to “We need to help her” in about 5 minutes. Still damned uncomfortable.

But I’m fairly certain my gray hair came from raising two daughters.

When I graduated high school, I was 6' 6".

Decades of more birthdays have shrunk me to a dainty little 6' 4". One of the few classmates I remembered was still Tom Cruise height.

And, unfairly, I still have my hair and not a bit of it is gray.

My brother is 2 years younger than I am and has a grown daughter and a grandson. And gray hair.

So, it's true, kids give you gray hair. I never got to have kids.
Kids, and daughters in particular. I didn't have a grey hair until my daughter was born. My son is 3 years older than her.

my 60th next year. will go. went to 30 & 50. small school/class-84 boys only catholic HS. several gone now. i will slightly know most. high % stayed in tampa life long. i think 77 qualifies as been old awhile.
You're older than my mom & dad!! o_O :ROFLMAO:

I imagine that when you fart, it is a cloud of dust.

Here, you can use a joke I used to use on my friend, Lee (RIP.) He was 17 years older than I was. I would introduce him as Edison's helper. He had a driver license number that was 000000001

Realized I was old when I went with the wife shopping ......
download - 2023-12-09T205652.339.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: LR1845
I first realized I was getting old when I was older than the Playboy centerfolds. I realized I was OLD when I got a Granddaughter and my company hired two guys that were half my age. I am 56.

Mike