• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors When its over?

culater

Sergeant
Supporter
Minuteman
Oct 18, 2012
When this Gov shutdow ends what will be the back log be like when things get moving.I though of getting 2 more cans but might wait a year or two till thing settle down. people putting in form 4 and 3 will be waiting a long time post gov shut down. Any thoughts from you guys out their.

I dont quite follow your thought process. You want to wait and hope things get better rather than worse? Just so you potentially have a shorter wait time from submitting paperwork to receiving item?

I would much rather submit it now and have it in 9-12 months rather than waiting 12-24 months and still having to wait another 6 months (if it got better) or 12+ months (if the field continues to grow). no matter what you are going to be waiting and i would rather just get the process going ASAP rather than waiting

when people ask me about how to obtain the fun shit, and i tell them that it might take a year currently, they always bitch, "that's too long...".

but my rebuttal is you can bitch and whine for a year, then convince yourself to go ahead and do it. but by that time, you could have already had it.

a good friend of mine bitches and whines everytime we talk shop about the wait time. and everytime, i remind him that if he would have done it a year ago like i did, he would have it by now.

so, if you don't have the funds right now, melt that damn plastic credit card and join us in our misery!

I can understand the point of view from an investment aspect. I could be getting a return on the money invested in a suppressor rather than it disappearing into the Federal pit of despair.... I use to have that same point of view. I've let my childish side take over lately though. Screw the money, I want my toys ASAP!

The longer you wait, the longer you will wait. Submit the paperwork, forget about it until you are called..

This is like the idea that hot water freezes faster. In fact, hot water cools faster than cold water cools, but hot water does NOT freeze sooner than cold water freezes (assuming similar start times, etc, etc.). And your transfer may process faster if you wait, but you will have your approved transfer sooner if you file now. Especially via Efile.

I dont quite follow your thought process. You want to wait and hope things get better rather than worse? Just so you potentially have a shorter wait time from submitting paperwork to receiving item?

I would much rather submit it now and have it in 9-12 months rather than waiting 12-24 months and still having to wait another 6 months (if it got better) or 12+ months (if the field continues to grow). no matter what you are going to be waiting and i would rather just get the process going ASAP rather than waiting

I have to agree with this. Why put waiting on top of waiting. Go ahead and submit your forms and wait for the phone call. It's like running up an elevator that is going down, you are getting nowhere.

I can only think with the government going the way it is, obtaining NFA items will only get tougher. Hopefully the changes won't be retroactive, but I'd advise filing now.

This Gov Shutdown is driving me nuts..... Why didn't I just order my suppressor a year ago instead of April.... When I finally decide to go thru it. The Gov wants to change it's policy they want to shut down the system. I'll quit Bit***** when I get it in the mail.....

given my choice I'd like a lot of folks to wait so I can get mine back sooner.
I had just sent off the paperwork off when the shit sandwich hit the fan ..

between that and I think one of the sellers did the paperwork incorrectly.
my wait will be long ... (sigh)

sucks too because I had to wait 6 months to get one of the suppressors
I had custom made .... Oh Well !!!!

i'd say order and/or send your paperwork in now. get the wait started !!!!

On a related note:

A friend of mine told me he went to the Passport Agency office in Dallas yesterday. I told him I figured that would be shut down, and he said he was told the passport agency "runs on the revenue they generate".

But evidently NFA paperwork stops getting processed? :confused:

When this Gov shutdow ends what will be the back log be like when things get moving.I though of getting 2 more cans but might wait a year or two till thing settle down. people putting in form 4 and 3 will be waiting a long time post gov shut down. Any thoughts from you guys out their.

My thoughts? Myself and other disabled vets won't have a paycheck and won't be able to pay our bills. My grandparents won't get their Social Security check they paid for for 60 years and will loose everything. I'm having a hard time giving a shit about toys at the moment, because there are far greater things at stake if they can't figure this out.

On a related note:

A friend of mine told me he went to the Passport Agency office in Dallas yesterday. I told him I figured that would be shut down, and he said he was told the passport agency "runs on the revenue they generate".

But evidently NFA paperwork stops getting processed? :confused:

"Transfer Tax: checks go into the government's "General Fund" along with most all of the federal government's revenue.