• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes When will we start seeing used Viper HS scopes FS?

JelloStorm

Gunny Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 23, 2010
Northeast Pennsylvania
I've been scouring the sellers sections here and on some other sites but haven't seen any Vortex Viper HS scopes for sale.

Were these just released or are they that good nobody is selling them to upgrade yet?

Hoping to find a 4-16 HS BDC used for hunting but I may have to spring for a new one!

Re: When will we start seeing used Viper HS scopes FS?

I believe they came out within the last year. That you are not seeing any for sale is probably a good sign in terms of the quality of the scope.

I have seen a few lightly used Vortex scopes for sale. Most owners seem pretty pleased with them.

Yeah i seen the 5-15 and it's nice but I was looking for the 4-16 for hunting purposes.

Well, I'm glad everyone is liking their HS series. I really wish they had the MLR reticle in them though.

What are you expecting to get from the 4-16x that you wouldn't get with the 5-15x? BDC reticle?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Temp9</div><div class="ubbcode-body">What are you expecting to get from the 4-16x that you wouldn't get with the 5-15x? BDC reticle? </div></div>

I think the capped turrets, more of a hunting scope than target I would think.

I have one in 4x16. It's not technically for sale but make me an offer via pm. It's just sitting on the safe at the moment.

I think most of the people on here aren't into alternative reticles like the plex or BDC. It seems like most of the scopes for sale on here are Nightforce or Schmidt and Bender anyway.