• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where are my 3 gunners at?

Who wants to guinea pig this and see if a company actually managed to make an all steel BCG under 6oz?

Edit: for some reason it won't let me link directly to the page. Go to the hardware page and you'll see it.

That is just a mil spec bcg that they put on a diet and had PVD coated. I can make one stupid light too, probably not too robust. In fact I'll take a pic of one I did some work on when I get home. I think it's around 8oz if i remember correctly.

That is just a mil spec bcg that they put on a diet and had PVD coated. I can make one stupid light too, probably not too robust. In fact I'll take a pic of one I did some work on when I get home. I think it's around 8oz if i remember correctly.
8oz for the BCG or just carrier? Because 8-8.4 is pretty standard for a light BCG, and puts the carrier in the 6-6.4oz range.
If this one is 5.8 complete that puts the carrier in the 4oz range which has not been done with a steel carrier that I'm aware of.

I have considered some drilling/milling on a mil spec carrier just to see how light I could get it, just never got around to that project.

8.3 oz. I have no doubt I could have gone significantly lighter. I turned the middle section down and thought about doing some skelitizing, I believe I could have taken at least another 1.5 to 2 oz doing some radical milling, but the matches around here like to have 5-600 yard stages and I like being able to pop a mag of 77gr 262 ammo and have something that stands a chance of making solid hits out to that distance without beating my gun apart.

Attachments

• 20190730_185716.jpg
    20190730_185716.jpg
    681.5 KB · Views: 91
  • 20190730_185727.jpg
    20190730_185727.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 95
  • 20190730_185746.jpg
    20190730_185746.jpg
    246 KB · Views: 88
Reactions: TonyTheTiger
You can see the FA scallops on the trojan BCG dead giveaway for a standard BCG that got milled on, you can see a couple left on mine. And if you look closely at the Trojan you will see some rather shitty tool marks on the flat side by the gas vent holes.

Upon closer inspection I can definitely see the unsightly machining you speak of.

Found a partial box of birdshot that needed disposing of, so loading practice happened. Seems like 3-3.2 seconds for shoot 1, load 8, shoot 1 is pretty average.

Boom. Finally got it in. Install was cake but I’m having very minor issues. I think I need to tweak the latch thingy that holds the shells in the tube. Single feed for some reason won’t release the bolt or hold the shell in. Doubles and quads are fine. Hmmmm.

You get this thing going 100% yet?

New parts day. The gun this is going in is out for cerakote but just dry firing it in a spare lower feels pretty good.
20190803_094525.jpg

I always really liked my old 3.5lb CMC, especially the strong reset, so I'm excited they finally decided to do a decent pull weight.

Last edited:
Reactions: Shooter McGavin
New parts day. The gun this is going in is out for cerakote but just dry firing it in a spare lower feels pretty good. View attachment 7123121
I always really liked my old 3.5lb CMC, especially the strong reset, so I'm exctied they finally decided to do a decent pull weight.
So pissed I didn’t jump on it. Joeboboutfitters had the 2.5# the other day for $129. Totally missed out. I think they sold out of them now.

I saw that, I had been waiting for them to have a sale but then I ended up with this one for only $15 out of pocket so I think I did okay. Its good to know people...

Trainwreck of a match last Sunday. Everything from shooting slugs way over targets, sloppy work in front of the Dillon 550, replanning stages on the clock, to shooting most of the match with a naked rib on the shotgun.

I always wanted one when they first came out but no way I was paying almost $600 for a BCG. This one was a steal by comparison.

Reactions: TACC
Little club match Sunday.

Rained all day but I'm getting used to it...
Rifle ran like a boss, digging the new titanium carrier.

Reactions: DaleGribble82
Reviving this thread with some match video! Finally shot a dry match, too bad that means I can't blame all my mistakes, penalties and gun malfunctions on the weather.

Finished the match 4th division/6th overall, crazy thing is .78 percent was the difference between me and the guy that got 2nd. There was like a 4 second difference separating 2nd from 8th place, which is crazy in a 300ish second match.

Back from the dead @TonyTheTiger. Been busy with shit. Anyway I shot a two day match last month. No real equipment changes other than using a P320 X5 Legion now and dropped a CMC 3 gun trigger in the rifle. I did ok. Wasn’t my best performance. I was there to have fun.
With that said, I did put a deposit (aka Layaway) a 24” 1301 Comp Pro. They are available and ready to ship now from vendors.

Reviving this thread with some match video! Finally shot a dry match, too bad that means I can't blame all my mistakes, penalties and gun malfunctions on the weather.

Finished the match 4th division/6th overall, crazy thing is .78 percent was the difference between me and the guy that got 2nd. There was like a 4 second difference separating 2nd from 8th place, which is crazy in a 300ish second match.

What belt are you running here?

With that said, I did put a deposit (aka Layaway) a 24” 1301 Comp Pro. They are available and ready to ship now from vendors.
What are they charging for them? Pics and impressions immediately upon receipt!

Dang thats about $200 less then I thought they would be. Any idea when you'll have it?
I’ll try to have it in my hands hopefully before the end of the month or early Dec. I got hit with a large bill from my ER visit early last month that temporarily put a damper on my spending.

Anyone here run an 18” upper? I have an Odin 18” 3 gun barrel but it’s a pig. Never ran it at a match. Just been collecting dust. The barrel is about 2.1 pounds.

Anyone here run an 18” upper?
Crickets...

18" rifle gas was all the rage when I started but its been in steady decline ever since. I've never liked the extra length/weight personally.
I did spend some time talking to Nathan Payne, JP's hotshot limited division guy, and he likes 18" because with a red dot and the difficulty of accurately holding over at distance he wants all the velocity he can get to flatten out trajectory and make his error window larger. He's also a bigger guy that probably doesn't notice the extra length.

Shot a two day match last month. One stage was set up elevated on a helicopter. 9 targets if I remember right were out to 300 yards. My Stretch15 (yes, 15”) did ok with 223 55gr FMJ from Frontier. It was windy af and I wish I had a little more speed and a heavier bullet. Hit all the targets and even the small bonus gong but the misses killed me on time. I thought about a 16” but know 1” isn’t going to make a whole lot of difference so I’m debating on having the 18” chopped to split the difference at 17”. Maybe it’s a dumb idea.

On another note I ordered an Ultradyne Apollo S brake to test out. No issues with the Hypertap though.

Attachments

• CB39FCDA-2F75-407E-AD62-1A3BAE382331.jpeg
    CB39FCDA-2F75-407E-AD62-1A3BAE382331.jpeg
    458.3 KB · Views: 80
  • B37B94B3-5EC6-4135-9FD2-99B2C94F5154.jpeg
    B37B94B3-5EC6-4135-9FD2-99B2C94F5154.jpeg
    699.6 KB · Views: 77
I always thought a 17" rlgs barrel would be cool. Don't know why though. I'd be willing to bet if you put the 50fps gained from a 17" over a 15" into Strelok the wind drift reduction will be inconsequential at 300 yards, unless your targets were tiny. A good bullet will probably gain you more than a little speed.

Definitely report back on the Apollo vs. Hypertap, I've been wanting to test one for a while now.

The average velocity on the Frontier ammo was 2884 through the Stretch 15.

I was looking at the Apollo Max but didn’t want to deal with all that blast directed towards the me. The S model vents out more outwards versus angled back a little.

Shot a local match today. Some observations..
1. My CMC 3 gun 2.5# trigger went tits up on me at the beginning of a stage. The trigger stopped resetting. POS. :mad: I ordered a Calvin Elite as soon as I got home. The trigger magically fixed itself.
2. The Ultradyne Apollo S is VERY effective. It's up there with the Hypertap. It's very flat shooting. Can't go wrong with either brake.
3. I get reminded why I love my Stretch barrel. It's a laser even with cheap 55gr FMJ Frontier ammo and shoots so damn soft.
4. MGM double auto popper is the devil.
5. MGM Spinner at a weird angle is nearly impossible to spin.

A buddy of mine took his 1301 Comp Pro out to the match today. It's definitely a shooter. Don't have mine yet. Used the M2. Ran like a champ as usual.

The Apollo S

Last edited:
Rifle looks like its hammering! There's nothing worse than problems that fix themselves before you can diagnose it though.
You'll like the CE!

Rifle looks like its hammering! There's nothing worse than problems that fix themselves before you can diagnose it though.
You'll like the CE!
At first I thought it was my gas block but then I was wait.. it worked for the first 6 rounds and went to what felt like single shot mode. It wasn’t after I called the stage that I went to go mess with it. Realized the trigger wasn’t resetting. Another shooter said his CMC 2.5# did the same thing and had to get it replaced. I hosed the trigger pack with some spray lube and it went back to normal. It’s still going back to them.

I don't blame you. My 3.5 CMC has been a paragon of reliability, but the 2.5 is still new enough it hasn't proven itself.

Reactions: 021411