• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where can I find a CZ 455 Varmint Precision Trainer?

paramil

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 8, 2011
Searched online, almost everywhere is out of stock. Any ideas? Looking for one for my daughter to start training for PRS style matches. Thanks

I have a 455 VPT in a Manners (I am not wanting to part with it) and I like it a lot, but my two cents is to look for a 457 bc there is way better after market support for the 457 over the 455.

Aside from lackluster after market support, 455‘s have some issues: Sketchy bolt release. The bolt may stick if you run it too hard and sometimes the bolt will come out (which sucks when it happens on the clock). A Timney trigger fixed that for me, but there are not many options for after-market triggers. The bolt knob/handle is a one-piece (not threaded) so if you want to run something else you have to replace the entire handle (again only one or two options out there after-market).

Other than those two items, it’s a great little rifle and I really like how the Manners stock feels. The only knock on that stock is the lack of adjustable cheek piece. But if I had to do it all over again I would have gotten a 457 and probably put it in a chassis w/ M-lok as they are much easier to balance with the stubby .22 barrels. I had to add an Area 419 weighted Arca rail (which is good to have anyway for a bunch of reasons) as well as stack an additional weight on the front of the rail, plus a heavier contour barrel (fortunately the 455s and 457‘s can use the same after-market barrels).

Great choice when I got my son into it almost a decade ago, but the 457 is a better gun. I could have written ECK's post, same things. Timney trigger because my son runs his gun like a scalded ape. We just got near matching 457s, but at 17, he is now having less time and more girlfriend. So we haven't been out as much.

Reactions: paramil
If you’re dead set on a 455 VPT I have a good buddy who has a Lilja barreled VPT with Timney trigger he has been talking about moving. I can see if he still wants to if you’re interested.

Reactions: paramil