• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

Where did all the LR Primers go?

LongRanger

Private
Minuteman
Jul 31, 2013
I was checking my reloading supplies today and I'm down to my last 1000 primers so I go to all the usual places and everyone is out. OMG! I want to work up some new loads but I also don't want to run out of primers, so what's the deal? I used to get 10,000 CCIs at a time so it's been a while since I bought any...YIKES

If you don't mind the price, keep an eye on Bruno's. They have been the most consistent that I have seen having supplies in stock and relatively quick shipping. It stings a little but I know I don't have to wait a month for something if I need it.

Let me add that I don't agree with some of the prices that we are seeing out there but being new to reloading, I do not have the surplus of supplies like some of those on this forum have so for me to keep load testing, paying that price is sometimes unavoidable.

Last edited:
Cabelas, Midway and MidSouth, have all had
primers off and on recently, as well as Powder Valley.
Keep an eye on them. That's where I've had some luck.
Watch the Hide and Seek thread here
under opition and accessories.
Gunbot.net also list them when available.

State what you are after and the guys monitoring it
will let you know if they find some.
Best of luck!

I just ordered 2000 BR2s from Cabelas this week. First I've found for quite awhile. Wishing I would have ordered 5000 then the hazmat fee would have been easier. I've just spent way more than my shooting budget on stuff lately.

Many Academy stores now have large stocks of Winchester large and small rifle and large and small pistol primers. Mine had dozens of each. They said the are getting bullets in soon too.

Last edited:
Yea I went onto brunos, but holy cow they are asking a pretty penny for primers

I must live in the wrong state. None of the Cabellas or Big Box stores in my area have any and gunbot came up empty as well. We have 6 or 7 local Gun Stores and they are all out as well. I guess I'll just keep looking and buy everything in sight when I find them. Just how hard is it to make primers and with such a low percentage of shooters that reload there should be plenty? Bullets and Powder are everywhere but no LR Primers....

I live 5 miles from Bruno's and hate to tell you that their website is usually a month or two behind. Just call them to see if they have what you need in stock!

If you are ok with winchester, third generation shooting supply has large rifle in stock @ $34.99/1K. Also IMR 4064 Powder.

Sorry I forgot all about this thread. Good news is I found 5k of CCIs bad news is I paid $35 @ 1000 but at least I have a few to tide me over and when a deal comes along I'll buy as many as I can afford. 40 years of shooting and reloading and I would have never thought things would ever be like this, or worse if we aren't careful!