• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Where has all the ammo gone?

yakimasubaru

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 12, 2008
fayetteville, AR. usa
Hey guys I live in Arkansas and I can not find ammo anywhere! Every gun shop around here is out of everything complete rounds and reloading stuff. Is it the same where you guys live? All the local shops said that there suppliers wont sell them ammo because they think that the goverment is going to pass a .05 cent tax on all ammo, and they are going to start some bill that will put serial numbers on bullets and cases. Is this true? or is it just a shortage since everyone is stockpiling.

Re: Where has all the ammo gone?

Walmarts are stocking ammo in my area as well as gun shops. My reloading supplier has good supplies of most components though mail order outfits, like Midway often are out of the good stuff I like such as match bullets and primers. Fortunately, I'm pretty well situated for now as I saw the writing on the wall mid 2008 and began stocking up as I could afford it.

As to pending legislation, the enemy is in control and they are all over the road. It's possible the retailors are telling you the truth and don't want to get a retroactive tax put on them.

Expand your search, you still live in the SOUTH man.

Good Luck

From what I've seen and heard, people are hording the stuff along with panic buying and because of them the prices are going up and up. For some damn reason people think just because we have a few hinches in our get along they need to buy up all the ammo reloading supplies because the world is coming to an end or some stupid reason. What the don't realize that with all the ammo & reloading supplies they are hording, they won't be able to take it with them to where ever they think they are going to try & survive too. They really are screwing things up for everyone that just wants to shoot and reload. These are probably the same people that freeked out over Y2K.

Oh, BTW, the factories are producing as fast as they can from what I hear but, with the sky is falling attitude of some they won't be able to keep up. So the end result is they will be raising prices because of the demand is higher than supply. Thanks to all you hords. Combat zones should have very little effect on civilian supply. This isn't WW2 now is it?

Yea.. it is funny... well, not haha funny.. But the people that are buying up all the ammo and components because it is getting more spendy are only driving the prices up higher!! They are doing it to them selves! And then the rest of us can’t find any thing. And I am sure that the move to Afghanistan is not helping much either. Just my .02.

yeah when i asked for .380 ammo at a local gun shop he said that he wouldnt sell it to me unless i bought a gun. i laughed pretty hard and then i realized that he was being serious. I tried pretty hard to get him to sell me some because nobody around here, but he wouldnt budge. I cant wait for this panic to end.

Folks laughed at me when I was buying all the AK ammo I could find at $75.00 a K, an 7.62X54R surplus at $40.00 a K.
Wife thought I was nuts as well, but never said anything while we were loading the truck, over an over, at KCR in the past years.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Folks laughed at me when I was buying all the AK ammo I could find at $75.00 a K, an 7.62X54R surplus at $40.00 a K.
Wife thought I was nuts as well, but never said anything while we were loading the truck, over an over, at KCR in the past years.
</div></div>

If your aren't shooing it and having fun with it you are nuts and your wife was right! LOL!

I have a little of it saved for a rainy day.
It's not raining yet, but I can see the storm clouds from where I'm standing.

Well it isn't like my friend, who bought a case of ammo back in '99', 5000 rounds of 5.56 for his new AR. I asked how many mags do you have?

He says two!

I bought at reasonable prices early. I chortle at the saps paying astronomical prices for dogsqueeze products like USA or Promag magazines for $30.00 for old Wolf ammo -(Steel case .223) for $14.00 a box. for 20 rounds!!!!!

Anyway, like I told the OP, it is available, just have to look a little harder. As to the douche who wouldn't sell .380 rounds unless the dude bought a gun, the response is something like, <span style="font-size: 20pt">BLOW ME</span>

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gunfighter14e2</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have a little of it saved for a rainy day.
It's not raining yet, but I can see the storm clouds from where I'm standing.

</div></div>
uhhh no shit... i can see the same storm from over here as well. guess i'm a hoarder

[/quote]
uhhh no shit... i can see the same storm from over here as well. guess i'm a hoarder [/quote]

The sky is falling the sky is falling......don't you still have shit left over from Y2K? hehe
There are no clouds and no emergencies. Man you guys need to chill....

I bought some ammo to keep on hand, but not much. I have piles and piles of reloading supplies. By the time I use that up my rifles won't have anything left of the barrels.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bohem</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I bought some ammo to keep on hand, but not much. I have piles and piles of reloading supplies. By the time I use that up my rifles won't have anything left of the barrels. </div></div>

Where have all the Barrels gone?

dj70, I think you should go and find yourself another place to hand out advice about preparation or your lack thereof.

You have made fun of several guys for stocking up and calling them hoarders and continue to talk shit to people about Y2K vs. today.

As you have made your opinion known on this topic, there is no reason to bait others or berate them to continue to espouse your view.

So let me be the first to politely ask you to KYFOTY or even more politely to just STFU.

Anyone who is thinking this is a little speed bump probably didn't have parents who lived through the great depression and WW II, not to mention actually living through Jimmy Carter. This is not a USA problem, it is a world economic problem and when you add in Iran with nukes (and handing them out to USA sleeper cells), you have e receipe for a real shit storm.
I've stocked up on 22 RF, 308, 45 acp and 12ga 00 buck.
I always remember when, as a kid, we got a booklet from NY State Civil Defense. The 1st edition (later changed) actually said one of the things to keep in your bomb shelter (this was 1956) was a 22 rimfire rifle and 1000 rounds of ammo. Why?
QUOTE! To defend yourself from your former friends and neighbors when they try and invade your shelter UNQUOTE!

That's back when NY was still "The Empire State" rather than the peoples republic of the uneducated, unemployed and generally dependent.

Obviously dj is living in the "trust the government" dream world.

It's only hoarding if it is never used. I practice regularly, with great enjoyment, and know that there is still plenty left.

Call me what you want, but I have plenty of ammo regardless of what happens. Kind of the exact opposite of where a lot of procrastinators are right now!

And plenty of 22LR too in case they get larcenously motivated in a hurry!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> The sky is falling the sky is falling......don't you still have shit left over from Y2K? hehe
There are no clouds and no emergencies. Man you guys need to chill.... </div></div>

At my age, I've seen more shit than most, an never have had to worry about how it would play out. I don't wait until shit happens to prepare, thats called reaction. I am pro-active something you seem to be missing. As one sig line on there says, there are three kinds of people, those that learn by reading, those that learn by doing, then there are those that have to pee on the electric fence for theirselfs. Which are you?
Why is it when everyday folks prepare, it's hoarding, if uncle does it, it's prepairing. I've been threw a 48" snow fall in 24 hrs, 6" ice storms, Andrew, Hugo, and many other events an never had a issue, providing for my family. At the same time I had to convence others what was mine I was keeping, and I did not care who they were, they were not taking or getting any of my supplies. That still applies today, but there are those that think a black magic marker an cardboard is their salvation. Most folks on this board have a plan for those types as well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><span style="font-weight: bold">There are no clouds and no emergencies. Man you guys need to chill....</span></div></div>

Will you personally come and help me, and mine out IF your wrong.........???
I will give you the address.

Chicken little................
How about the little boy that cried WOLF.?

<span style="font-weight: bold">Denial is not a river in Egypt.</span>

"To keep your head when all around you are losing thier's and blaming it on you.......then you'll be a man."

Calm rational thinking....breathe..in...out...relax.

I've helped many people in different situations and will continue to do so until I die. I will be your best friend or your worst enemy, it's for people to decide which. People make choises, hopefully intelligent and well thought out. Being paranoid doesn't help matters at all in any situation. There is nothing wrong with being prudent but from what I see around here and some other forums it is getting to the point of mass hysteria. If you have and shoot a lot of weapons, that's great, go have fun, go reload and have fun reloading. Buy what you need so you don't have to run to the store or buy online everyday. But to stash all this stuff away because your waiting for some national disaster is ludicrous. A shrink would make a killing here. There is nothing wrong for planning for natural disaster's but what the hell do you have to buy out a gun store to plan for a hurricane or tornado? I really hope some of the people responding to my humor are not on drugs. People put down your crack pipes and return to and enjoy this earth we live of and don't fear it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">"To keep your head when all around you are losing thier's and blaming it on you.......then you'll be a man."

Calm rational thinking....breathe..in...out...relax.

I've helped many people in different situations and will continue to do so until I die. I will be your best friend or your worst enemy, it's for people to decide which. People make choises, hopefully intelligent and well thought out. Being paranoid doesn't help matters at all in any situation. There is nothing wrong with being prudent but from what I see around here and some other forums it is getting to the point of mass hysteria. If you have and shoot a lot of weapons, that's great, go have fun, go reload and have fun reloading. Buy what you need so you don't have to run to the store or buy online everyday. But to stash all this stuff away because your waiting for some national disaster is ludicrous. A shrink would make a killing here. There is nothing wrong for planning for natural disaster's but what the hell do you have to buy out a gun store to plan for a hurricane or tornado? I really hope some of the people responding to my humor are not on drugs. People put down your crack pipes and return to and enjoy this earth we live of and don't fear it.
</div></div>
i really don't know what planet you live on dude but apparently you missed some of the action in places like l.a. or new orleans. only truly naive thinking could make you post like this. i am not on drugs or scared of the sky falling. quite the contrary; i am perfectly content in the fact i know i have the means to protect and defend if necessary during any thing for any reason. this is not 1950 in mayberry anymore and i hope your thinking or lack thereof doesn't get you or someone you love killed or injured. you do want you want....

Has anyone been looking at TV the last few days and reflecting on what our super liberal congress and president are doing? Don't want to get slammed by our moderators...but, you better get what you can while you can. Costs may be through the roof now, but accessibility will be under the floor very soon. JMHO

It's about being in fron tof the market trends while looking ot for #1. Get it when it's there and you don't have to deal with the "times". Writing was on the wall a year ago.

dj70 reminds me of the two Jewish men standing on the street corner in Berlin in 1933.

Abie:"So what do you think of this crazy man Hitler?"
Joseph:"I think he's a very dangerous man who means what he says."
Abie:"What, are you crazy, he says he will kill us all."
Joseph:"I think he will do exactly what he says."
Abie:"You are a fool, there are 6 million of us, do you think he will kill us all?"
Abie: "Think what you will, I am moving to Amerika."

Guess whose family is still alive? (and armed)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dj70</div><div class="ubbcode-body">From what I've seen and heard, people are hording the stuff along with panic buying and because of them the prices are going up and up. For some damn reason people think just because we have a few hinches in our get along they need to buy up all the ammo reloading supplies because the world is coming to an end or some stupid reason. What the don't realize that with all the ammo & reloading supplies they are hording, they won't be able to take it with them to where ever they think they are going to try & survive too. They really are screwing things up for everyone that just wants to shoot and reload. These are probably the same people that freeked out over Y2K.

Oh, BTW, the factories are producing as fast as they can from what I hear but, with the sky is falling attitude of some they won't be able to keep up. So the end result is they will be raising prices because of the demand is higher than supply. Thanks to all you hords. Combat zones should have very little effect on civilian supply. This isn't WW2 now is it? </div></div>

Ummm hey partner I'm pretty damned sure WW2 has already passed?

Shit "They walk among us" LOL!

*One day I was walking down the beach with some friends when someone shouted....'Look at that dead bird!' Someone looked up at the sky and said...'where?'

***They walk among us!!***

While looking at a house, my brother asked the estate agent which direction was north because, he explained, he didn't want the sun waking him up every morning. She asked, 'Does the sun rise in the north?' When my brother explained that the sun rises in the east, and has for sometime, she shook her head and said, 'Oh, I don't keep up with that stuff'

***They Walk Among Us!!***
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My colleague and I were eating our lunch in our cafeteria, when we overheard one of the administrative assistants talking about the sunburn she got on her weekend drive to the beach. She drove down in a convertible, but 'didn't think she'd get sunburned because the car was moving'.

***They Walk Among Us!!!!***
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I was hanging out with a friend when we saw a woman with a nose ring attached to an earring by a chain. My friend said, 'Wouldn't the chain rip out every time she turned her head?' I had to explain that a person's nose and ear remain the same distance apart no matter which way the head is turned...

***They Walk Among Us!!!!!!! ***
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I couldn't find my luggage at the airport baggage area. So I went to the lost luggage office and told the woman there that my bags never showed up. She smiled and told me not to worry because she was a trained professional and I was in good hands. 'Now,' she asked me, 'Has your plane arrived yet?'...
(I work with professionals like this.)

***They Walk Among Us!!!!!!!!***

'Millionaire' Contestant Makes Worst Use Of Lifelines Ever

NEW YORK - Idaho resident Kathy Evans brought humiliation to her friends and family Tuesday when she set a new standard for stupidity with her appearance on the popular TV show, 'Who Wants To Be A Millionaire.'

It seems that Evans, a 32-year-old wife and mother of two, got stuck on the first question, and proceeded to make what fans of the show are dubbing 'the absolute worst use of lifelines ever.'
After being introduced to the show's host Meredith Vieira, Evans assured her that she was ready to play, whereupon she was posed with an extremely easy $100 question. The question was: 'Which of the following is the largest?'

A) A Peanut
B) An Elephant
C) The Moon
D) Hey, who you calling large?

Immediately Mrs. Evans was struck with an all consuming panic as she realized that this was a question to which she did not readily know the answer.
'Hmm, oh boy, that's a toughie,' said Evans, as Vieira did her level best to hide her disbelief and disgust 'I mean, I'm sure I've heard of some of these things before, but I have no idea how large they would be.'
Evans made the decision to use the first of her three lifelines, the 50/50. Answers A and D were removed, leaving her to decide which was bigger, an elephant or the moon. However, faced with an incredibly easy question, Evans still remained unsure.
'Oh! It removed the two I was leaning towards!' exclaimed Evans. 'Darn. I think I better phone a friend.'
Using the second of her two lifelines on the first question, Mrs. Evans asked to be connected with her friend Betsy, who is an office assistant.
'Hi Betsy! How are you? This is Kathy! I'm on TV!' said Evans, wasting the first seven seconds of her call. 'Ok, I got an important question. Which of the following is the largest? B, an elephant, or C, the moon. 15 seconds hun.'
Betsy quickly replied that the answer was C, the moon. Evans proceeded to argue with her friend for the remaining ten seconds.
'Come on Betsy, are you sure?' said Evans. 'How sure are you? Duh, that can't be it.'
To everyone's astonishment, the moronic Evans declined to take her friend's advice and pick 'The Moon.'
'I just don't know if I can trust Betsy. She's not all that bright. So I think I'd like to ask the audience,' said Evans.
Asked to vote on the correct answer, the audience returned 98% in favor of answer C, 'The Moon.' Having used up all her lifelines, Evans then made the dumbest choice of her life.
'Wow, seems like everybody is against what I'm thinking,' said the too-stupid-to-live Evans. 'But you know, sometimes you just got to go with your gut. So, let's see. For which is larger, an elephant or the moon, I'm going to have to go with B, an elephant. Final answer.'
Evans sat before the dumbfounded audience, the only one waiting with bated breath, and was told that she was wrong, and that the answer was in fact, C, 'The Moon.'
Caution...they walk among us!

shit I figured we could all use a good laugh after all the current prices from these WW2 horders have us all singing the blues!!

But on a real note if this dipshit is soo fucking stupid that he needs to bash other for preparing ,,as the wise do...then he should be put in his place as you guys have...good for you..

If you're too fucking stoopid to see this is a real crisis that is just around the corner then ,,fuck yeah I'm embarrassed this POS is even here walking among us....LOL!!

coolwaterz,
preparing is one thing to panic buying is another, Duh, there is a difference. Calling someone a POS because they don't agree with you only shows your lack of understanding and intelligence. I beleive most people in this forum are not stupid and when they read "stoopid" stuff like you type, they do consider the source. I know some good people in MI.....and you ain't one of them.

here in ohio everyones stocking up big time. i cant get a box of 7mags for anything. im not saying anything against being prepared but seriously man. wheres the fire here. your telling me that you need 40,000 rounds of ammo for home protection. right now i have over 2000 rounds for each gun i own. i have one shotgun for home protection. now i love shooting. enough to where yeah im paying more for reloading supplies and bullets and when they go up again ill probably pay that too, but do i think its necessary to go out and buy every .223 round in a 50 mike radius of my house? igess im just not that hard core.

We have been thru this before with Clinton, so I learned to save up for a rainy day. Only thing I am frustrated about is the .308 Match ammo is gone like a 59' Cadillac...gone. I called my rifle instructor, the Rangemaster w/ the P.D., he suggested reloading for practice ammo. Gotta find the bullets though, I'm set up to reload, but prefer the WINS308J.

This too will pass.

Only accurate ammunition is interesting!

Well, when there a billion rounds a year been taken out of the system, it's Do affect price, and availability.
I have not seen ANY IMI MATCH brass from Israel available in over 2 years.
Why?.
Cause their sub contracting their mfg out to other users.
Same for any quanity of 9mm, .308,.................
And what's available is so expensive you have to be independently walthy to buy and shoot it.
Keep n mind the RAW materials for just a few calibers in those quanities, will affect all the others also.

Global demand for ammunition has increased dramatically since 2004.
Prices for metal used in ammunition have increased since 2003 due to increases in demand from other industries like housing which uses copper, and the green energy movement which advocates the use of batteries, which use precious metals, non precious metals and lead, while simultaneously complaining about it,

China's infrastructure development from 2002 until Q3 2008 combined with their willingness to pay inflated prices for copper, steel, and nickel,

Increased arms and ammunition manufacturing in the former Soviet Union to supply ammunition for Iraq and Afghanistan, (Venezuela, Iran, and North Korea have also had increases in demand.)

Major mining operations for lead, and copper have been shutdown around the world due to higher shipping and mining costs and the negative impact on the environment. (Copper to make your brass, comes from a nasty refining process. Lead does as well.)

All of these factors and the limited ammunition supply the US had in place prior to 9/11 and the two wars we are in have led to the consumption of our stores and a demand that is difficult to meet.

Try to calculate how much ammunition it takes to qualify and maintain qualifications for Military and DOD contractors for Iraq only since 2003. It's a lot.

I used to complain about mil surplus 7.62X51 when it was 9 cents per round. Glad I got bought it anyway.

FWIW, think of your ammunition purchases as an investment. 9 cents invested in 2000 is selling for 60 cents today in 2009. That's a better return than Bernie, Stanford, CitiBank, Merrill Lynch or anything else, including gold and silver.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: savage7mil</div><div class="ubbcode-body">here in ohio everyones stocking up big time. i cant get a box of 7mags for anything. im not saying anything against being prepared but seriously man. wheres the fire here. your telling me that you need 40,000 rounds of ammo for home protection. </div></div>

This is exactly what I was talking about...panic buying and for what? There's nothing to panic about. :~) Hell, shooting is fun and you shoot to get better. Looking at piles of ammo in your closet that you would not be able to shoot in your entire life time doesn't sound like their having any fun with it at all. If there ever would be a major nation emergency the people with AK's and SK's are the one's who will need to panic buy ammo. ;~)

Actually Fighthard, the metals market has tanked, copper prices have drooped drastically low, this is what caused many mines to close, not higher shipping & mining costs, lead as well. The materials is no longer a valid point on costs. The main item driving prices now is panic buying & military usage.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: JGrelle</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Actually Fighthard, the metals market has tanked, copper prices have drooped drastically low, this is what caused many mines to close, not higher shipping & mining costs, lead as well. The materials is no longer a valid point on costs. The main item driving prices now is panic buying & military usage. </div></div>

I will agree that the metals markets have tanked, but that is a recent phenomenon, and there have been a couple of bounces. Additionally, this is a traditional time of the year for prices to trend down. I have to disagree with you on shipping and mines closures. Many of the mines were purchased or optioned by the Chinese as a hedge for more infrastructure growth, post Olympics. But that did not happen, as the perfect storm happened.

The cost of foreign military ammunition is reasonable for non US gov use or purchase. If you are not the US, you will get a better price.

The metals market tanked at the end of Q3 2008. Prior to that prices were at all time highs.

Much of the inventory of metals being used today is metal bought or contracted at pre Q3 prices. That is why many goods are still expensive.

The upside is copper wire and tubing is cheaper than it has been in 2 years.

I have family that worked at a rather large copper mine in NM, it shut down because of the drop in copper price, this happened last fall, it was not because of operational costs or shipping, at least that is the case with this mine.
Much of the rise in metals was due to speculation, investors fleeing the housing market flocked to the commodities market, hence the rapid rise in metals, oil, gasoline, etc.

If you are talking about Goldstrike, then yes it is because of falling demand globally, but it is due to the Chinese demand which was extreme and drove the prices up to their all time highs. And the consequent additional recycling efforts to lower copper prices, from the smelting and ingot manufacturing sector.

This however still puts the companies that purchased copper on contract or for inventory at elevated levels still having to offset the additional cost when the product is sold, which will continue for some time.

Fighthard, we will just have to agree to disagree on the Chinese demand being such a factor. The info I had researched on the issue led me to believe the price being driven in large measure by rampant speculation & hedge funds, as was the case with oil as well (which was finally admitted to by the way). Sure China was a factor, but not to the extent the mainstream media was leading us to believe.

As for the companies inventory being purchased at high prices, yes that was true for a while as well, but at the rate ammo is being produced & the amount of materials they must go through, I do not believe it is still a valid factor at this point.

JGrelle,

It was most definitely Future's market driven. Add 1 part- truth (growing Chinese, Indian and other intl. demand) 1 part- ass loads of money chasing a dwindling amount of high rate of return investment options, 3 parts- dumb ass people blindly chasing what other people seem to be doing with some success and 10 parts- a media comprised of people who took the easiest college classes they could take and still graduate who then proceed to make us beleve that China's and India's economies tripled in 1 year!

That equals 15 parts of bullshit!

We need new media to end the tyranny of bullshit.

wow!!!! I started this thread because i coudnt find brass now look at it. this is why i love snipers hide. I have nothing against hoarders if i had the money i would have been stockpiling for years. living paycheck to paycheck leaves almost now room for hoarding
smile.gif

I've been so stocked up on 308 ammo for many years, and I'm down to 1/3rd my original supply and still have 750rds of it....

45 and 9mm however, we just got new 45's and can't find ammo - so I am buying in bulk because hte price IS rising and the supply diminishing, thus I am merely following macro economics 101, buy now save for later. I wish I could do that on everything as everything seems so cheap these days (Of late)...

Also note I heard that the nations largest copper mine, up in Alaska, may have closed or reduced operations.....same thing, cost of copper...

I got the new MidWay flyer the other day: Amax 168 and 178gr pills on sale. Also unavailable at time of publishing but perhaps by the time I receive it!

Need to be nice to Mrs QQ since my rifles like Mr. Amax, it's useful for hunting as well as target shooting and I'm down to less than 300 in the cabinet. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

Maybe a foot rub is in order!
grin.gif
I have no pride or shame when it comes to hoarding!

i am curious after all this hoarding, i hoard anyway. after the election my first primer order was 30k. ok, so we all have the goods. i wonder just how folks are actually going to start blastin those 19 year old national guard kids when they are at your doorstep raiding and disarming you. all that supply is only nice donations to the UN if people are not ready to get it on.
i agree, we do need to hit the master reset button on this once upon a time republic. unfortunately, it will require major conflict. how many big talkers are serious about gettin down? i bet more than 3/4 of us can barely run across our back yards!
there is more to gettin ready than just buyin the cool stuff. if the shit ever starts, i bet there will be plenty of it layin around.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">if the shit ever starts, i bet there will be plenty of it layin around. </div></div>

No disrespect but that's what lazy fucks said in New Orleans prior to Katrina; Homestead, prior to Andrew and every other forewarned disaster. They don't count on it happening to them and they aren't ready when they are left standing in 5 feet of raw sewage with nothing but signs saying "I hate Bush", and stolen electronics.

I don't have a dragons hoard but I am in good shape and can manufacture what I need additionally!

the katrina incident was nothing more than the scurge of our society. these animals are leeches to our civilization. folks like you and i were already gone. with a 4 day warning, i coulda backpacked inland far enough to have watched it safely on tv!
what i meant was, when our own ntl guardsmen (remember in katrina, they were going house to house cuffing citizens on the street curb, whilst raiding their homes. these were million dollar homes in neighborhoods un damaged by the storm. the guard was not down in the streets where the primates were looting and murdering, they were at your house and mine. keeping us safe by taking our weapons). when they start martial law there will be a fight. they will be usin ar type weapons. and if all these badasses here do as they say, the government will keep us well supplied because we will have no shortage of dead soldiers to keep us in ammo and mags or complete weapons for that matter! what we must do is be supplied enough to make it to that point.

In my youth, I bought a Rem. 700 in 30-06. Commercial ammunition in those days was around $5.00 a box. Way too expensive. So I scrounged the local gunshops and bought surplus for 10 cents ea. It seems like Greek surplus @27cents is probably a good deal.
I was a budding commercial reloader when the primer shortage in the early 90's hit. At the first apportunity I purchased 25000 of each size. I paid around $10.00 a thousand.
When AK and SKS rifles started coming into the country, ammunition was EXPENSIVE. About 7 or 8 years ago, Ammoman was selling cases of 1000 for I believe $69 delivered. 2nd mortgage time.
I still go a minimum of once a week to my favorite gunshop. Some of my recent acquisitions are:
LC 69 demilled 30'06. <6 cents apiece
Pulled M2 bullets. <7 cents apiece
Reloader 22 $10 lb.
Various and sundry half and full boxes of bullets. I won't buy unless the cost is in the neighborhood of 6 cents apiece.
20 boxes of 500 count lead 158 SWC for $10 carton.
Recently I bought .310" bullets from Wideners for a delivered price of under 8 cents apiece.

My point here is that as long as an opportunity presents itself to acquire usable shooting stuff, I'll avail myself. Should I not use any right now, I will in the future.

Whine about it all you want.

I did see some 93 Radway Green going for $500 for 750-(66.666666) apiece. I bet you could buy your 5 rounds you want to shoot this week for say $1.25 each.

And just so you know, rice sells for 40 cents a pound in 50 pound bags.