• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where is all the .22 ammo??!!

Re: Where is all the .22 ammo??!!

Anyone having any luck finding 22lr ammo in the Atlanta area? I can't seem to find any ammo. Didn't know there was a run on 22lr ammo!! I am trying to take my wife out shooting this weekend to teach her but I can't find any.

Just for shits and grins I posted up a brick of CCI Standard velocity 22lr on gun broker. It ended up selling for 90 Bucks! This shit is getting out of hand.

Yes 22 ammo is hard to find. I was at my local walmart and they had NO 22 ammo and of course all the popular calibers were sold out also. I started doing a lot of shooting with a 22 last year and every change I got I would pick up a brick of 22. I am now glad that I did that.

There was a local shop that had a WalMart connection and bought out all of WM's ammo before it hit the shelf, then the local store would double the price and sell it on their shelves and brag about being the "only shop with ammo".

I have seen ammo sold on other forums and Gunbroker... it seems to be a free for all, especially on 22 ammo. 30-06, 270 , 7mm mag and 300 wm are all in stock at the local WM in limited supply but very little else can be had.

Local shop owner said he has had a constant 50,000rds on hand and now he said he does not even know when he will be able to get more bulk packs in the store.

Maybe it is time to stop buying and allow stocks to build up. Also allow for the price increasing stores to drown in over stock. But it will take all of us to stick together.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327505292

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327503095

I know this one is sold but there are others waiting in the wings. GOOD LUCK.
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=325263437

Here is some Wolf:
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327585491

Wanna fight against the shill bidders?
http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=327241895

Ok guys I have told you where it is and where you can get it if you want it. You know how to use a computer and a search function on Gunbroker. Don't want to pay gouging prices? Sorry, quit your whining. It is available if not ridiculously priced. If you NEED it then BUY it and quit wringin your hands. Be sharp and slick and you may get a fair deal if you are vigilant.

I bought an undisclosed amount of the 745 Federal when Supohunter had it for $235 a case. Sorry if you missed out on that but its not my fault bacause I bought some before it hit the sky. As I have said, If you shoot a 22 regularly and you didn't see this coming, then learn from your mistake, and do better next time around. The price may come down...when it does then have your hat in your hand and get down to business. When a crisis passes then do your due diligence to prevent the wolf at YOUR door the next time.

my guess is that the US FTR team bought it all up and is holding it for ransom until they can get some Varget and 210M primers
laugh.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thewileyone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a local shop that had a WalMart connection and bought out all of WM's ammo before it hit the shelf, then the local store would double the price and sell it on their shelves and brag about being the "only shop with ammo".

I have seen ammo sold on other forums and Gunbroker... it seems to be a free for all, especially on 22 ammo. 30-06, 270 , 7mm mag and 300 wm are all in stock at the local WM in limited supply but very little else can be had. </div></div>

Funny thing,

my buddy just called me with this tale:

He said he went to his local wally world because their website said that they had 223 and 22lr ammo in stock. When he got there there was nothing on the shelves. the guy said they just got a pallet in, but they have a 3 box limit. After awhile the guy came out of the back empty handed and said that he cant sell him any ammo because the manager had bought it all!

I checked their site and it does say that they have ammo in stock. Im going by tomorrow to see if I can get some, if he tells me the same story Im asking for the managers name and calling corporate.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt. obvious</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: thewileyone</div><div class="ubbcode-body">There was a local shop that had a WalMart connection and bought out all of WM's ammo before it hit the shelf, then the local store would double the price and sell it on their shelves and brag about being the "only shop with ammo".

I have seen ammo sold on other forums and Gunbroker... it seems to be a free for all, especially on 22 ammo. 30-06, 270 , 7mm mag and 300 wm are all in stock at the local WM in limited supply but very little else can be had. </div></div>

Funny thing,

my buddy just called me with this tale:

He said he went to his local wally world because their website said that they had 223 and 22lr ammo in stock. When he got there there was nothing on the shelves. the guy said they just got a pallet in, but they have a 3 box limit. After awhile the guy came out of the back empty handed and said that he cant sell him any ammo because the manager had bought it all!

I checked their site and it does say that they have ammo in stock. Im going by tomorrow to see if I can get some, if he tells me the same story Im asking for the managers name and calling corporate. </div></div>

Did he know what the managers seller name on Gunbroker is? I have a strange feeling this is where all that stupidly priced ammo on Gunbroker is coming from. Saw a guy yesterday with 200 rounds of .223 Hornady Steel match for $1.50/round.

Some info for ya'll to ponder whilst waiting for the shelves tor refill. I stumbled across this and found it highly educational on how our favorite caliber is produced:

<object width="425" height="350"> <param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvK9QlQtrKI&list=UU7qB--C24DexdVB1GOTgbJQ&index=4"></param> <param name="wmode" value="transparent"></param> <embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/pvK9QlQtrKI&list=UU7qB--C24DexdVB1GOTgbJQ&index=4" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" wmode="transparent" width="425" height="350"> </embed></object>

I recall a similar piece on Winchester a year or so ago. I believe they are located in Oxford Mississippi and Federal is in MN. I don't recall what the others daily manufacturing capacity is, but I hope it is equivalent. Annual 22LR production was estimated around 2 billion circa 2004, which I'm sure has increased a bit. Ya'll can do the guestimates and number crunching to draw your own best and worst case scenarios.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Brian</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I have an order of Eley Sport that was filled lets see if it ships to NY!! I lucked out I had an old order of Wolf come last week. Keeping my fingers crossed. </div></div>

Sorry to hear you are in NY like me, No fun lately.

Prudence. Some of us need some more.

A Bud was over in Lake Placid a week or two ago, using the Olympic Speed Skating rink. Had dinner with some officials from the US Olympic Biathlon training center. They are o/o ammo and cannot train.

Greg

I know dicks sporting goods pissed a lot of people off with the Troy AR's but they are getting ammo. Last week was pretty skimp with only one case of 525rd boxes of Remington 22 coming in but this week all the stores in VA got a bunch of the 1400 round buckets and a bunch of CCI mini mags in the Troy Landry 375rd packs. The buckets are $64.99 and the CCI's are $27.99.

They also got a ton of independence and Remington 223 as well as the 350 round ammo cans of blazer brass in 9mm and 45 and Remington 9mm 50 round boxes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: redneckbmxer24</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I know dicks sporting goods pissed a lot of people off with the Troy AR's but they are getting ammo. Last week was pretty skimp with only one case of 525rd boxes of Remington 22 coming in but this week all the stores in VA got a bunch of the 1400 round buckets and a bunch of CCI mini mags in the Troy Landry 375rd packs. The buckets are $64.99 and the CCI's are $27.99.

They also got a ton of independence and Remington 223 as well as the 350 round ammo cans of blazer brass in 9mm and 45 and Remington 9mm 50 round boxes. </div></div>

Thanks, will go on my way home. Appreciate the information!!!

Now that I ordered 5000 rounds the other night, I'll pass this along... ;-)

http://www.gunbot.net/index.php?cal=22lr

You need to be on your game and jump on the ammo as soon as it becomes available. Within 5 minutes of it being posted, the ammo I ordered was sold out.

Don't order from Natchez as they only allow for one box order and their shipping is very high.

Clyde's sport shop outside baltimore, md just received a shipment of 100 bricks of cci standard priced at 31 dollars a brick. I bought ten. That leaves 90. Hope this helps someone out.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: armorpl8chikn</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I may have been a bit hard on you but I think you can understand where I am coming from on this one.

Come shoot with me, Iwill loan you a brick. If you don't believe me ask the guys that I shoot with. They are around here somewhere.</div></div>

ArmorPl8 is good folk. He helps folks how he can when he can at shoots and matches and I'm certain it's the same in the rest of his life. Heck once he even put products for me, on a match prize table, under my website's logo to promote my business. On his own without prompting...

I think another thing aiding in the shortage is a few articles where the 22LR is "the best survival round". Now I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but if we can get a few of them to write, say, that maybe the 25-06 is the best survival round, it'd free up supply from the truly crazy preppers.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Halcyon612</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I think another thing aiding in the shortage is a few articles where the 22LR is "the best survival round". Now I'm not necessarily disagreeing, but if we can get a few of them to write, say, that maybe the 25-06 is the best survival round, it'd free up supply from the truly crazy preppers.

</div></div>

Yes that or maybe the 22-250. I do my grocery shopping on Sunday morning at WalMart. I checked again this morning and as usual plenty of 22-250 and 17hmr.

Our local walmart gets .22 ammo in every night around 9 pm. If you have a walmart near, just ask them when they get their delivery and maybe you can score some

Our local walmart gets .22 ammo in every night around 9 pm. If you have a walmart near, just ask them when they get their delivery and maybe you can score some

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: LakewoodGunner</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Our local walmart gets .22 ammo in every night around 9 pm. If you have a walmart near, just ask them when they get their delivery and maybe you can score some </div></div>

Arkansas, the home of Walmart, you guys probably get first shot at every hot product being sold by Walmart.

One of my LGS's has consistently had several different types off 22lr, CCI mini mags, CCI SV, Aguila SS, Remington, bricks of Federal, Winchester and CCI.
They are only allowing 100rds per person, unless you are buying a brick ect.
There prices are a little high, but they have always been like that.

$35 federal 500 brick
$10 100 rd CCI mini or SV

Just got an email from the CMP stating come March 1 no ammo shipments to NY. Even Midwayusa changed their policy.
Try coliseum gun traders in Uniondale. Its right across from the Nassau Coliseum on Hempstead turnpike.
Last time I was there they had plenty of .22lr, 223, 308, 762

the ammo is out there. I bought this last week, it came in wednesday:

wolf_zps2c67e1a0.jpg

$52 a brick, which is about right for Wolf MT pre crazy times. my suggestion is to buy what you need, then quit playing the search/buy game. I think there's a tendency right now to play the game just for the sake of playing it.

There might be some reason that our government is buying 22 ammo along with everything else. Maybe just because they can is all the reason they need,there cash cow always delivers.

I was in KYgun co the other day and saw plenty of ammo. 550 Winchester 22 was $30 something a box. 7.62x39 was close to $400/1000

Never tried the Wolf what are you shooting it in?

Brother have you been living under a rock? Wolf .22 ammo is produced by SK. It's nothing like the Wolf branded steel cased stuff that gets bump fired into berms. It's good target ammo. Match extra is the most consistent for comps, but match works very well.

Brother have you been living under a rock? Wolf .22 ammo is produced by SK.

-ah, c'mon, do you really have to dispel the myth?!

"Wolf Match Target is nasty overpriced ammo that is horribly inaccurate" <----- that, is how you reply to questions about WMT .22LR ammo!

There might be some reason that our government is buying 22 ammo along with everything else. Maybe just because they can is all the reason they need,there cash cow always delivers.

Really? Are you just making random retarded statements or do you have actual proof and confirmation that the Government is buying 22lr in appreciable quantity. This is the kind of bullshit that makes it worse when it gets disseminated by the local gunstore moron. Please don't do this, you aren't helping.

Really? Are you just making random retarded statements or do you have actual proof and confirmation that the Government is buying 22lr in appreciable quantity. This is the kind of bullshit that makes it worse when it gets disseminated by the local gunstore moron. Please don't do this, you aren't helping.
Exactly. This is the truth

I don't know where it all went, but if you find it, PM me.

Interestingly enough due to many threads like this I did my rounds of local gun shops to stock up. In Canada we are fully stocked with every thing at all stores. I bought .22, 300wm, 12g, 9mm, .223 and had many brand choices and saw no signs of any shortage.

Interestingly enough due to many threads like this I did my rounds of local gun shops to stock up. In Canada we are fully stocked with every thing at all stores. I bought .22, 300wm, 12g, 9mm, .223 and had many brand choices and saw no signs of any shortage.

Well now we know where all of it is!
Maybe the whining will stop now:0)