• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where is Lapua .223???

Kadams1563

Giver of Bad Advice
Banned !
Minuteman
  • Feb 13, 2017
    North Texas
    I have been searching for some Lapua .223 brass for probably a year. Have a new rifle build and using Winchester brass die to not being able to find any.

My .223 AI CDG needs some brass. Anyone have a lead on some?

Have you considered berger 73/77 ammunition? That is in stock...

Prices aren't great but beggars can't be choosers.

Reactions: Kadams1563
    I forget the brand name but Lapua had/has 223/5.56 brass under a different head stamp in bulk. Might be worth looking for that.

Personally I’d just look for other brass. Lapua is great brass but there’s other good brass too.

Reactions: Big Phish
    If you haven't tried using sorted Lake City brass you may be in for a surprise...

Reactions: Big Phish
    I forget the brand name but Lapua had/has 223/5.56 brass under a different head stamp in bulk. Might be worth looking for that.

Personally I’d just look for other brass. Lapua is great brass but there’s other good brass too.
    Ever recall what brand name?

Have been looking at the Berger 73/77 but they have constantly been going up.

Thinking about buying a 500 pack of LC 55 grain and just fire form them at a couple
    Hundred yards.

He’s probably referring to Nammo Tactical “NT” headstamped brass. I can’t say I’ve seen any of that in the last few years either.

Reactions: padom
    He’s probably referring to Nammo Tactical “NT” headstamped brass. I can’t say I’ve seen any of that in the last few years either.

I bought tons of it a few years back when powder valley had it in bulk cheap. Excellent stuff. I have a tub full of it.

This isn't Lapua but I have found it to be VERY good. Plus, the stuff I picked up was already primed...
    I haven’t used the Norma .223, but I personally like the Norma .260 better than Lapua. Over 20 loadings before I retire it. Never had a split neck or loose primer pocket yet. I still didn’t throw out the old stuff. Might use it at another time again.

Reactions: lariat
    Get some Starline 5.56. Very good brass and not overly expensive.

Or .223 if you wanted.

Get some Starline 5.56. Very good brass and not overly expensive.

Or .223 if you wanted.

I’ve also been using starline brass and have had very good results with it. Half the cost of Lapua 223.