• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• Site updates coming next Wednesday at 8am CT!

The site will be down for routine maintenance on Wednesday 6/5 starting at 8am CT. If you have any questions, please PM alexj-12!

where is the Varget??

Re: where is the Varget??

I was talking to my local reloading store owner last October and he said that this was going to happen with all powders about this time. He said that it should get better around the end of the summer. I can't remember what the reason was, but here we are. I picked up an 8lb jug a month ago from a guy that quit shooting. Glad I did, I watched the last 2 lbs of Benchmark get grabbed off the shelf this morning.

What good is powder with no primers....
frown.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Bacarrat</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Who doesn't have primers? </div></div>

Better question is who DOES have primers?

I just checked over on gunbroker and some guy is selling 8lbs for $600!!!!! And he has 7 bids!!!! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!! Talk about supply and demand

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nyfinest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just checked over on gunbroker and some guy is selling 8lbs for $600!!!!! And he has 7 bids!!!! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!! Talk about supply and demand</div></div>

seriously, I have got to list my new 8# jug

I am almost willing to bet there is some shill bidding going on to get the price that high. You would probably buy loaded ammo cheaper then buy the Varget and then all the other components to load 1k rounds.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: nyfinest</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just checked over on gunbroker and some guy is selling 8lbs for $600!!!!! And he has 7 bids!!!! ITS THE END OF THE WORLD!!!!!! Talk about supply and demand </div></div>

....and he is a dumbass! Better yet, the person who would pay that is.........

WTF. I have two 8 pound jugs of Varget I picked up locally for $159 each. I drove home feeling like I paid too much. Tempting as it is to put them up on gunbroker, I feel like I'd be messing with karma too much. I'll hang on to these for a rainy day.

I picked up 8lbs a few weeks ago following a tip someone posted here. Wished I would have gotten 2 jugs but was goin to Vegas again that weekend and didn't want to spend all my play money.

I just picked up 1500 large rifle primers last night from a local supplier. He had 5k for sale.

Seen an auction on gunbroker today for 8 lb jug Varget, running bid was $600.

I ordered 8lbs today when I was in at Cabelas. They didn't have any idea when it would actually arrive. I've got enough now to last me a while, but I think I'm going to work up an alternate load with IMR4064. Fortunately, I have plenty of that for now. I really don't want to use up my remaining Varget just yet. If the new stuff shows up in the next 3-4 months I'd be happy.

I have an 8 pounder of varget and H335. I have been on back order with midsouthshooters.com for about a month. I see that they have h335 still in stock.

I should start selling the powders that i just bought 14 8# jugs of 4350, varget, H1000, 4895, H380, i think titegroup and 15# of RL 15.