• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy 8lb jug of varget

Jowens

Private
Minuteman
Nov 5, 2012
Middle TN
All local places are sold out and all major online retailers are sold out. Any sponsors have a 8lb jug to sell or any other members have 8lbs they will sell? If anyone can find it locally and ship it to me I will pay you for your time. Pm me please.

Re: Where to buy 8lb jug of varget

I had the same question. Now that we're in mid-crisis, I've decided to start re-loading and of course, can't get some components.

I would buy 3-4 jugs of that if anyone can advise where to find them.

Maybe if you filled out your profile with a location, someone local to you might have one they would sell and save you some shipping.

Right now I think some local mom and pop store might be your best bet.
If you want a true barometer of what's going on,
call Black Hills Shooters Supply 1-800-289-2506
I think they are the sole or major distributor of Hodgdon"s.
It very well could be mid-Feburary before you see it in this country.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SJB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out these guys www.tntreloading.com </div></div>

Great link, SJB. Thanks much for it.

Yours,

David

I found 1lb jugs at a mom and pops store today so i bought up a case of it. Shoukd last me until it becomes readily avail.....I hope. Also went ahead and bought a couple thousand federal 210m's. I'm all stocked up now except for bullets

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: TriggerHappy44</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I had the same question. Now that we're in mid-crisis, I've decided to start re-loading and of course, can't get some components.

I would buy 3-4 jugs of that if anyone can advise where to find them. </div></div>

3-4 JUGS or 3-4 pounds. If you are looking to buy 3-4 pounds check out gun shows coming to your area and look there. Local stores should have them. Check out Rex's in Flat Rock NC if you don't mind the drive.

If you are looking to buy 3-4 8lb jugs, in my nicest voice, folks like you are the problem buddy. If that is the case I hope your search is long and fruitless...sorry but the truth hurts.

The problem isnt guys that buy 3-4 kegs....IF they use it. Heck, I go through more than that in one season, EASY and when I buy powder its more kegs than that at one time as I am trying to get them all with the same lot number so I dont have to redo my loads, especially with my Palma loads.

The problem is the guy that buys 3-4 kegs and will take 5 yrs to burn up one keg. Thats just nuts and that is what is keeping those of us that actually use the crap from getting it. I learned my lesson back in 08 and now keep at least a years supply on hand....got a bit caught off guard this go round anyhow cause my 11 yr old is now shooting every belly match with me so we are burning about 30-40% more powder than I am used to. But, glad he is shooting, so I will make something else work if need be.

Now to find a few of those guys buying up powder so when its back in full supply they might be parting with their extra kegs.....:)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Mudcat-NC</div><div class="ubbcode-body">The problem isnt guys that buy 3-4 kegs....IF they use it. Heck, I go through more than that in one season, EASY and when I buy powder its more kegs than that at one time as I am trying to get them all with the same lot number so I dont have to redo my loads, especially with my Palma loads.

The problem is the guy that buys 3-4 kegs and will take 5 yrs to burn up one keg. Thats just nuts and that is what is keeping those of us that actually use the crap from getting it. I learned my lesson back in 08 and now keep at least a years supply on hand....got a bit caught off guard this go round anyhow cause my 11 yr old is now shooting every belly match with me so we are burning about 30-40% more powder than I am used to. But, glad he is shooting, so I will make something else work if need be.

Now to find a few of those guys buying up powder so when its back in full supply they might be parting with their extra kegs.....:)
</div></div>

Agreed John, and I should have clarified that. I was more clear in another one of the many panic threads. I will help someone in need, but the thought of kegs of powder in the hands of someone that has never shot competition or is simply a plinker, makes my nerves cringe.

Where to buy 8lb jug of varget?

By now the only real answer is "wherever you can find it".

With the uncertainty, and tendency for everyone to do the "Chicken Little Dance", people are snapping up everything, need it or not.

It's insane.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: SJB</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Check out these guys www.tntreloading.com </div></div>

Out of curiousity, did anyone verify that these guys actually had Varget in stock? They are about 50 miles from me, but I placed an internet order anyway. I'm hoping it's actually in stock, but who knows.

They are at a show for the next couple of days so I don't expect to hear from them, but I'm hopeful..

I see a lot of 1lb around.Just make sure your bottles are the same lot number and you should be fine

Go to your local guy where you normally buy it from. like a box store or gun shop and ask them where they get their powder from. these guys are just the middleman. then call the distributor they generally will have it in stock and have it at a better price. my states main distributor is a 2 hour drive from my home. so put the haz mat fee in the tank and find a friend who needs some too.

good luck