• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to buy bulk corncob media?

Fried Chicken Blowout

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 15, 2011
Mead, Colorado
I reload about 20k rounds a year and I'm wondering if there is somewhere I can buy corncob media in bulk so I can switch it out more often for the best looking brass I can get...

Links would be great, thanks.

Re: Where to buy bulk corncob media?

We have a place here in Chattanooga that sells it in bulk. 50 lb bag is like $20 if I remember correctly. Google bulk blasting media and see what comes up. If you don't find anything pm me and I will find the name of the place. I would think as small a town as Chattanooga is that most towns would have a place that handles bulk media.

Eddie

Don't know if they do or not. Make sure you get the finer media so it doesn't get caught in the flashholes but not so small it doesn't do its job.

I hope this helps.

Eddie

Try a big Pet supply place .Arnie

Petco sells crushed walnut as reptile litter or something. Its less than half the price of the stuff sold for reloading, works well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdgray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.drillspot.com/products/499763/econoline_526020g-40_40_lbs_blast_media

I use this stuff, free shipping, rarely plugs the flash holes.(the tumbler usually shakes it out) </div></div>

Cool....

I've bought the green Lyman treated corn cob for YEARS. Is this stuff from drill spot "untreated"? What are you guys adding to it, to make it polish faster. The Lyman shit is stupid fast. I've tried just plain ground corn cob from the pet store, and it's stupid slow, and damn dusty.

I mix in nufinish car polish, as it is untreated. It cleans pretty good as is, though.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdgray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mix in nufinish car polish, as it is untreated. It cleans pretty good as is, though. </div></div>+2. I sent him a pm with that link earlier. I use the same stuff, and I mix in the same polish. Works very well imo. I also stick in a torn up paper towel which helps absorb dust. This stuff is much better than the Lyman stuff imo, but mainly because it cleans just as well for me and I don't have to pick it out of the flash holes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: slowr1der</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdgray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I mix in nufinish car polish, as it is untreated. It cleans pretty good as is, though. </div></div>+2. I sent him a pm with that link earlier. I use the same stuff, and I mix in the same polish. Works very well imo. I also stick in a torn up paper towel which helps absorb dust. This stuff is much better than the Lyman stuff imo, but mainly because it cleans just as well for me and I don't have to pick it out of the flash holes. </div></div>

Not plugging the flash holes is the best thing. And if you mix your brass while tumbling, it doesn't lock it together like the Lyman media does! Nothing worse than locked up pistol brass!
laugh.gif

Try Harbor freight that's where I get my media.

http://www.round2brass.com/

These guys have corn, walnut, or a mix. They also have a additive. A small jar of their stuff will last you for years.

You will probably have to go to their contact us page and call them, as their website usually lists most things as out of stock, but a phone call will get you the answers you need.

I've tried the media from Petco. It is cheaper, but also bigger and made more work as it stuck in the case necks and primer pockets/holes.

Give round 2 a call and they'll set you up. I've been more than happy with their service over the phone.

I bought a large flat rate box full. Can't remember the price off the top of my head, but it was more than reasonable.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: jdgray</div><div class="ubbcode-body">http://www.drillspot.com/products/499763/econoline_526020g-40_40_lbs_blast_media

I use this stuff, free shipping, rarely plugs the flash holes.(the tumbler usually shakes it out) </div></div>

Thanks for the tip on this one guys. Ordered some today and will see how it goes with a little polish added.