• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get a 6.5 barrel in three weeks?

dpreston

Sergeant
Minuteman
Feb 22, 2010
Western Pa
I recently changed my mind on a 308 build, and I want to do a 6.5x47 . Does anyone know if getting a 6.5 barrel in less than 2 or 3 weeks is possible?

I was thinking about a rock barrel. I would think the kreigers,broughtons, and bartleins have a long lead time.

Re: Where to get a 6.5 barrel in three weeks?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dpreston</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I recently changed my mind on a 308 build, and I want to do a 6.5x47 . Does anyone know if getting a 6.5 barrel in less than 2 or 3 weeks is possible?

I was thinking about a rock barrel. I would think the kreigers,broughtons, and bartleins have a long lead time.</div></div>Check Krieger current inventory. They have several depending on the contour you want you can get it in a few days.

Go to the previously posted link for Bruno's, get their number and CALL them. The barrels listed on their web site are outdated. I called them and had a .224 8 twist and a 6mm 8 twist in 6 days. The only problem was that they had no .308's in 12 twist. All Kriegers, btw.

That was a couple of wks ago, they have standing orders with several barrel makers, so give them a call.

Paul

Another option is to PM a guy named "savageguy" over on 6mmbr.com. He usually has a bunch of different ones in stock ie Krieger, Broughton, Brux. He might be able to help.

And yes, call Brunos. Their web page is outdated and you'll have a better idea of what they have by talking to them.

Sinclairs stock barrels as well.

You can try calling Benchmark. They make top quality barrels and are normally really fast on turn around, its been bout a year since I bought one from them though...

I called Bruno's two weeks ago about a 6.5 Kreiger barrel and they told me 5-6 months! I am trying to exchange a Kreiger 30 cal Light-Varmit that I bought from them earlier this year, they are going to charge me a 15% restocking fee for the .30 barrel and a long wait for the 6.5!