• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

hell, BPS in Tallahassee had .223 federal soft point for 17.99 a box. 150 rd. bulk box for 89.99.....

And Eley Match

Funny, when I got the email on my phone, I immediately went to the site and was ordering...it was super sluggish, like it was about to crash. Too many ammo starved shooters out there...If I'm not mistaken, it looked like they had a lot available. I guess it all got quickly snapped up. I feel lucky to get my order in.

Funny, when I got the email on my phone, I immediately went to the site and was ordering...it was super sluggish, like it was about to crash. Too many ammo starved shooters out there...If I'm not mistaken, it looked like they had a lot available. I guess it all got quickly snapped up. I feel lucky to get my order in.
Ammo starved Shooters.. Maybe

A lot of people are buying up ammo at near normal prices and tripling the price and selling it on places like gunbroker. They will continue to do this as long as they have customers.

IMO.. I think all sites should have a 1 brix maximum per day limit.

Reactions: EscapeVelocity
Ammo starved Shooters.. Maybe

A lot of people are buying up ammo at near normal prices and tripling the price and selling it on places like gunbroker. They will continue to do this as long as they have customers.

IMO.. I think all sites should have a 1 brix maximum per day limit.
True. There are hoarders out there and people flipping the ammo. I’ve been shooting once or twice a week the whole pandemic, but I’ve been doing ok in the ammo dept. I feel for the new owners who have no ammo or stay in line for hours locally to get a box or two of 9mm.

You notice the price we paid at Champions Choice vs the rape-me prices of the others who will not be named. I'm not bitching or whining, if you can get it - go for it, hell I paid it at a couple of places but don't think I will forget. Champs Choice rocks and I will not forget even when this settles down.

Champions choice rocks! Grabbed some center x then when I went back after order complete just to check stock levels center x isn’t even listed. Glad I got it when I did

Reactions: accurate obsession
Champions choice rocks! Grabbed some center x then when I went back after order complete just to check stock levels center x isn’t even listed. Glad I got it when I did
I noticed they pulled SK Rifle Match off of their site for some reason. That's another one I've been watching for.

I noticed they pulled SK Rifle Match off of their site for some reason. That's another one I've been watching for.
Brownell's had that earlier today, and I'll just say it cost almost what I paid for Center-X. It's all good though, got something to feed the habit.😁

Brownell's had that earlier today, and I'll just say it cost almost what I paid for Center-X. It's all good though, got something to feed the habit.😁
How does Center-X compare to Midas+. I've tested Midas through mine and my daughter's PRS 22s, and it was amazing in both. Never tried Center-X, though.

Last edited:
How does Center-X compare to Midas+. I've tested Midas through mine and my daughter's PRS 22s, and it was amazing in both. Never tried Center-X, though.
I'm not privy to the practices of the manufacturers but it's my impression that the grade of the ammo ie Cent-x, midas+, x-act is determined by how consistently it performs in their test barrels, I think mainly for ES. I have never sprung for anything higher than Center-X or Eley black box match.

Reactions: BoWingo
Check their online reviews. I will pass on them.

I will write one.

I have purchased from them twice since January of this year and commented on it in this thread. In my limited experiences, I can state that they are slow to ship, but not intolerably so. They are on the high side of shipping costs, but not excessively so. I received both shipments within 6-10 days and I have paid more for shipping from other vendors.

For example, an order was submitted on a Sunday was shipped on that Wednesday, and received by me on Saturday.

I have ordered the following items:
22 LR 40 GR LRN TAC-22
223 Rem 55 Gr FMJ DTX GECO
380 Auto 56 Gr ARX Self-Defense
9mm 115 Grain FMJ Norma Range & Training
308 Win 168 Gr Match (HPBT) Swiss P RUAG

All items were received in decent packaging. The ammo arrived packaged in plastic bubble wrap inside of a shipping box. One of the 223 Rem DTX GECO boxes was slightly damaged in transit, the other boxes arrived pristine. The damage appeared to be the fault of this shipping company and the cheaper design of the DTX GECO ammo box. The .223 is loosely packed .223 in a folding box, similar in design to Remington loose bricks of 22lr.

Many of the online complaints I read centered on not being able to communicate with them. I cannot comment on that as I have not had a reason to reach out to them.

This is not an endorsement of them. If the price and need match up again, I will order from them in the future, unless someone else here gives me cause to reconsider.

Thanks , I have been patiently waiting to get some pistol match

Last edited:
I was able to score 20 boxes of Eley Target from Champion. I didn't need to buy more for my personal shooting. With the ammo shortage, I'm happy to have other accurate rimfires besides the Vudoo that will not correctly feed/shoot Eley ammo. The Vudoo isn't going anywhere as it's my most accurate gun with Center X and I still have a couple of thousands of those left.

AmmoFast has stock of quite a bit. A few bucks per box above the “before times,” but they’re showing somewhat decent inventory.

Reactions: RGStory
AmmoFast has stock of quite a bit. A few bucks per box above the “before times,” but they’re showing somewhat decent inventory.
A few bucks??? If I would purchase 5000 rounds SK+ , it would be $414 MORE then from one of the nice retailers who sell to shooters. And that does not even include shipping, who knows how they rape you on that...

A few bucks??? If I would purchase 5000 rounds SK+ , it would be $414 MORE then from one of the nice retailers who sell to shooters. And that does not even include shipping, who knows how they rape you on that...

They have SK+ at $10/50.

The nice places have it at $6-$7/50.

$3-4 is the definition of “a few bucks.” A few bucks adds up in bulk.

Reactions: Mr. Z