• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

@steve123 I can't say but I read that they will machine a fixture for a rifle if they don't have one. Not sure what that does to testing lead times...

Last edited:
s**t price but if you wanna bang https://www.bobcatarmament.com/lapua-22lr-40gr-center-x-50ct.html

Midway wants $19.99/50 so not terrible price these days. Brick incoming - thanks.

OFG

They don't have a jig for CZ action??!!

That doesn't look inspiring squishing a stock in a vice like that.
They do. Perhaps he wanted his rifle tested in the stock with the action torqued. Lapau offers in stock testing if you prefer it.
The 452 American doesn’t fit the jig. It has two action screws. Fortunately I brought the stock and screws with me. I knew that the American was different as far as stocks go and brought the stock along just in case. Unfortunately I left the stock screw nut on my bench at home. I saw it fall out when I separated the action and stock and I forgot to put it back. So we ended up shooting it in the stock but with only the front action screw tight which was my fault.

I’m fine with that though. I think the results are valid. This rifle shoots best with almost free recoil anyway. Also I’ve never come across a “bad” lot of Center X in the wild. Like I told Luke, I would have shown up to buy a random case at normal price. I was happy with how it shot even without the rear action screw tightened.

I pulled a lot of information while I was there too.

Reactions: nikonNUT
The 452 American doesn’t fit the jig. It has two action screws. Fortunately I brought the stock and screws with me. I knew that the American was different as far as stocks go and brought the stock along just in case. Unfortunately I left the stock screw nut on my bench at home. I saw it fall out when I separated the action and stock and I forgot to put it back. So we ended up shooting it in the stock but with only the front action screw tight which was my fault.

I’m fine with that though. I think the results are valid. This rifle shoots best with almost free recoil anyway. Also I’ve never come across a “bad” lot of Center X in the wild. Like I told Luke, I would have shown up to buy a random case at normal price. I was happy with how it shot even without the rear action screw tightened.

I pulled a lot of information while I was there too.
Curious about the group size difference between the “best” lot of Center X and the rest tested.

OFG

Brunos came through today!!
20210423_140028.jpg

Has anybody received shipping from cci on the standard velocity I order two bricks about a week ago?
I ordered some SV and Green Tag almost a week ago. I looked this morning and CCI still says processing. But at the pretty decent price I'm willing to wait a bit longer. I'll just order a larger quantity next time!

Well Midsouth is on the ball. Ordered on 4/20 and showed shipped on 4/23. Kudos to them! CCI is still processing but I get the feeling everyone is trying to use the "Under promise, over deliver" model.

Reactions: Natureman

Need some X-ACT? 35$ a box.

Last edited:
BUYER BEWARE Don’t do business with Bobcat Armament. If you object to the DL requirement and cancel, there is a cancellation fee but will not tell you how much it is. Don’t say you weren’t warned

Ah, okay. I wonder if it makes a difference in the precision whether in the jig or in the vice on the stock??
As was noted in a subsequent post, MB recommended to test the Vudoo in the fixture. Other shooters - especially benchrest shooters - prefer to test with the action torqued in the stock.

While there are positives and drawbacks for each method, it is certain that both approaches minimize the amount of human error. The results are relative and gives the best available starting point.

Last year, I elected to test with the action torqued in the stock (Anschutz 1813 w/ Krieger 1:17 barrel and Turbo carbon fiber tuner tube) and I have ZERO complaints on the test method and results. I purchased a case of Midas+ and fired my best target at 100 yards at the end of the outdoor prone season......

Attachments

• D7A0728A-59D2-4470-8034-96BBA2E582B5.jpeg
    D7A0728A-59D2-4470-8034-96BBA2E582B5.jpeg
    638.2 KB · Views: 51
  • CF3F4F41-01B2-40D8-AE76-4F606C391297.jpeg
    CF3F4F41-01B2-40D8-AE76-4F606C391297.jpeg
    603.4 KB · Views: 45
Ammofast has SK standard+, Biathlon Sport, Long Range Match, Magazine, Rifle Match, Pistol Match, and High Velocity Match in stock. 2 brick a day limit per flavor...

Not saying the prices are great but stock is good... Except for Biathlon Sport. That stuff was going fast!

P.S. Why is SK magazine more than Standard Plus? This n00b wants to know.

Last edited:
And I apologize for not noticing the 3 box limit. I got bit by that before...

Sorry

Dave

Ammofast appears to have released their 2 limit per flavor constraint.
I'm not 100% sure but when they got their last batch in I ordered 2 bricks and then tried to order 2 more later that evening and was told I had reached my limit for the day. MidSouth did the same thing... 🤷‍♂️

P.S. Kudos to AmmoFast for an e-mail notification system that actually works!

Last edited:

8.99/box

Last edited:

8.99/box
Thanks for this. I picked up a few bricks. It will be interesting to test these against subsonic match rounds (especially given the discussions elsewhere on here around regarding transonic performance - myth based on inapplicable centerfire projectile ballistics, or a universal accuracy killer. If its the former and someone figures out how to make a consistent high speed 22LR round from an ES/SD prospective, that could be a game changer for the NRL/PRS style matches. I have some Center X, X-Act, SK Rifle Match, and CCI SV to test these against in a new RimX build ( 20" Bartlein barrel, GAP gunsmithing, XLR Envy JV Pro chassis, Vortex Gen II Viper glass).

There was some 500rd boxes of CCI quiet semi auto on Midway last night. Ordered myself one for the 10/22. Love the quiet stuff for plinking.

Thanks for this. I picked up a few bricks. It will be interesting to test these against subsonic match rounds (especially given the discussions elsewhere on here around regarding transonic performance - myth based on inapplicable centerfire projectile ballistics, or a universal accuracy killer. If its the former and someone figures out how to make a consistent high speed 22LR round from an ES/SD prospective, that could be a game changer for the NRL/PRS style matches. I have some Center X, X-Act, SK Rifle Match, and CCI SV to test these against in a new RimX build ( 20" Bartlein barrel, GAP gunsmithing, XLR Envy JV Pro chassis, Vortex Gen II Viper glass).
If it goes subsonic before hitting the target, the bullet will start to lose proper rotation at the sonic wall. That will affect accuracy. So the whole goal is to remain super-sonic at ranges within which you will be shooting.

If it goes subsonic before hitting the target, the bullet will start to lose proper rotation at the sonic wall. That will affect accuracy. So the whole goal is to remain super-sonic at ranges within which you will be shooting.

Not sure that’s 100% possible with rimfire though at distance. Centerfire of course thats fact. At least as I understand it