• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

Champ's is back up. Good selection of Eley, some SK left (no rifle or LRM). Had a selection of lapua but looks like they're out now
I saw that earlier today. It will take some time to get used to the new format, but good to see the site working again.

Good Shooting has the new Lapua long range and super long range in stock.

Last edited:
Reactions: Coyote777
Good Shooting has the new Lapua long range and super long range in stock.
I'm surprised they haven't sold out (again), it's a "reasonable" price, more than I wanted to pay...but I ordered 2 bricks of Long Range from them yesterday.

Blue Collar reloading has the Lapua long range, super long range, SK red and SK long range match in stock.

I'm surprised they haven't sold out (again), it's a "reasonable" price, more than I wanted to pay...but I ordered 2 bricks of Long Range from them yesterday.
You’ll likely never buy it for cheaper than it is today at GoodShootingInc.

That’s quite a bit higher than Goodshooting.

Hard pass.

Blue Collar Reloading is also a few bucks more. Would say Good Shooting looks to be the better priced exception to the rest at the moment

as well as others

Lapua long range and super LR back in stock at Goodshooting. They raised the price a little.

I've been having hard time convincing myself to get Center-X due to it being at ~30-35cpr, is the X-act really that much better to go at 60cpr?

Not if you are putting titles on the wall….,

I name each order of ammo. I've gone through the Old Testament Twice and have started my second time on the New Testament. I find it easy to inventory and I know exactly what ammo I take to the range. I shot 15 rounds of "Joshua I-Box4" on this date. Makes it easier than trying to keep track of an otherwise generic box of ammo.

I did the same when I reloaded.

I've been having hard time convincing myself to get Center-X due to it being at ~30-35cpr, is the X-act really that much better to go at 60cpr?
Depends really. Center-X, Midas+, and X-Act all start out as the same run. Post-production they run tests and then brand/market as they grade (good/better/best). With 22lr, each gun seems to like different ones, but if you're going for an all-around starter top shelf then yeah, Center-X should be just fine. Above that you're paying for incremental improvements. So if you already shoot better than you rifle and you're out for 1st place, then splurge. But IMO, if your "minute of angle" is more like "minute of pizza box" the higher grades won't mean much.

Depends really. Center-X, Midas+, and X-Act all start out as the same run. Post-production they run tests and then brand/market as they grade (good/better/best). With 22lr, each gun seems to like different ones, but if you're going for an all-around starter top shelf then yeah, Center-X should be just fine. Above that you're paying for incremental improvements. So if you already shoot better than you rifle and you're out for 1st place, then splurge. But IMO, if your "minute of angle" is more like "minute of pizza box" the higher grades won't mean much.

Is the avatar you? If so, what does your shirt mean?

Is the avatar you? If so, what does your shirt mean?

Yes, that's my face. The under rocker was some early COVID thing, never figured out how to delete it so think it's stuck on my profile now (and/or not motivated enough to look it up at the moment.)

I ordered two bricks from Champions Choice yesterday for $97.00 a brick, their shipping is reasonable too.
That's reasonable in today's nonsense world. I bought 10 or 12 boxes of it from the LGS about a month ago for $10/box, and it's two different lots.

Send your rifle to a Lapua test center. There's one in Arizona and one in Ohio. You will get the best lot for your rifle and you will get it way cheaper than anywhere else. The lot testing is free when you buy the ammo.
Yeah, but... that's not a nearterm solution for him. The waitlist/backlog for the Ohio test center is 6 months, and the Arizona center is currently closed for refurbishments, and are already building a waitlist (I'm on it) for after they reopen the beginning of June.

Back up looking for SKRM if anyone’s seen it online …..
Call or message these folks. Not sure if they have any left. Good people.

Wouldn’t allow me to share the post. Mr Big Guns in Huntsville, Alabama. Check them out.

Reactions: RedDawn
Call or message these folks. Not sure if they have any left. Good people.

Wouldn’t allow me to share the post. Mr Big Guns in Huntsville, Alabama. Check them out.
Yup Matt M is good people no doubt thanks .. I shoulda went to that PRS match last weekend at Cavern Cove and stopped by the shop. Grrr life got in the way again. 🤪

Powder Valley has SK Standard + in stock, at $7.99 box it's a little high if I didn't have a bunch I'd order a few bricks.

Just got an email from Creedmoor Sports that SK Long Range is bac in stock. Don't really use it but thought I'd put it out there.
I saw Lapua Super Long Range on Champ's earlier today also, not sure if they still have any. The "case" price wasn't horrible, but still a little high.

I saw Lapua Super Long Range on Champ's earlier today also, not sure if they still have any. The "case" price wasn't horrible, but still a little high.

In my experience Champs has always been on the low end of Lapua stocking dealers. Which makes me think we won't see lower prices going forward.

Reactions: JKW70
In my experience Champs has always been on the low end of Lapua stocking dealers. Which makes me think we won't see lower prices going forward.
I've bought a bunch through them. Like all rimfire ammo it's a crapshoot on how good it is. I have probably more "match grade" than I'll go through in the next two or three years, but I waited and searched around until I found it at a price I was willing to pay; which with the current market is less than 50% of the going rate. My point isn't to tell people not to buy it if the "need" (want) it, but spending extra money on it doesn't help anyone.

I've bought a bunch through them. Like all rimfire ammo it's a crapshoot on how good it is. I have probably more "match grade" than I'll go through in the next two or three years, but I waited and searched around until I found it at a price I was willing to pay; which with the current market is less than 50% of the going rate. My point isn't to tell people not to buy it if the "need" (want) it, but spending extra money on it doesn't help anyone.

I understand your point, but I think you may be underestimating the permanent effect that inflation has had on production costs. Especially for ammunition made in the UK and EU.

If retailers were marking product at a higher margin than they were pre-Covid, waiting for inventory to build up and then forcing them to cut prices might work. But everything I'm seeing is suggesting that everyone is paying more, at all levels of the supply chain. Wholesale and distributor prices are still significantly higher. As are material costs.

I think you may be waiting a long time (perhaps forever) if you're waiting to see prices drop back to where they were prior to 2020.