• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

In stock as of 1:22pm Tuesday May 11. I ordered a brick. Shoots a lot better out of my Bergara than STD +. I didn’t believe it until I shot it. But it does group more consistently than STD +. Less flyers. My flyers would be about an inch from the group. With 3-5 rd groups. But the Rifle match, I have yet to witness it.

In stock as of 1:22pm Tuesday May 11. I ordered a brick. Shoots a lot better out of my Bergara than STD +. I didn’t believe it until I shot it. But it does group more consistently than STD +. Less flyers. My flyers would be about an inch from the group. With 3-5 rd groups. But the Rifle match, I have yet to witness it.
I have Standard + that out shoots a lot of Rifle Match in my Vudoo. RM is 1.25-1.5 at 100 and Standard+ is just under to right at 1" at 100. This is 10 shot groups.

Reactions: nikonNUT
I have Standard + that out shoots a lot of Rifle Match in my Vudoo. RM is 1.25-1.5 at 100 and Standard+ is just under to right at 1" at 100. This is 10 shot groups.
I believe it. All guns shoot differently. The STd + shoots great out of my Bergara. Just get a flyer now and then where I have yet to witness it with the RM. I’m still using and shooting both but will use RM in matches.

Makes you wonder if SK does what Eley does with some of their lines of .22 LR, in that Eley will take a single lot production run and break it into 3 different grades, packaging and pricing based on which third of the run it came from.

Makes you wonder if SK does what Eley does with some of their lines of .22 LR, in that Eley will take a single lot production run and break it into 3 different grades, packaging and pricing based on which third of the run it came from.
same thing lapua (and SK does)
and it's done by speed too

Reactions: JKW70
Let's try to just keep posts to who has ammo with a link...start a new thread if you want to discuss types of ammo.

All in stock as of 3am MST.

Coming up out of stock for me....must not want me to have any LOL

Whidden's is one of the few that has earned a spot on my list of "long term" go-to suppliers once (if...) this nonsense blows over.

Good Shooting still has some Biathlon Xtreme in stock...

Last edited:
Reactions: Jake8s
Haha, I didn't even price check the full checkout, just reposted when I saw it in the Bear Pit. I haven't seen anybody with better prices than Champion's Choice, and it sounds like Whidden have been upstanding citizens too. Thanks for the heads-up on BulletCentral, I'll skip past them in the future.

You never know the actual price until you put it in the basket and get the shipping est.

According to Ammoseek, it would apear that some of the 9mm ammo has gone down as much as 1 cent a round. I know it's not much, but this is the first decrease I can remember seeing in some time.

Reactions: Jefe's Dope
According to Ammoseek, it would apear that some of the 9mm ammo has gone down as much as 1 cent a round. I know it's not much, but this is the first decrease I can remember seeing in some time.
I've noticed the same with 22 ammo. It used to be 17.9 period and now .12 ammo is lasting through a day or so.

CCI is regularly dropping ammo on their website and Federal had both .38 and .357 available this morning.

Thank you very much for this share. I've never done business with Whidden Gunworks prior, but that will change now. Ordered 2k and they have already given me a tracking number for the order. Great price and fantastic service . . . two things that are in short supply these days.
You are very welcome. I wish I could have afforded more, only bought one brick, but it was very reasonable, and they ship out the same day. Mine arrives on Friday.

Reactions: jac68984
Gotta give a shout out to AmmoFast. They shipped me Flatnose Basic when I ordered Flatnose Match. Alexis told me the shipping manager said it was the same stuff so I explained that Basic was the new name for Target and they immediately agreed to swap me out, inform the shipping manager, and send a pre-paid return shipper for the Basic. Alexis is top notch!

Gotta give a shout out to AmmoFast. They shipped me Flatnose Basic when I ordered Flatnose Match. Alexis told me the shipping manager said it was the same stuff so I explained that Basic was the new name for Target and they immediately agreed to swap me out, inform the shipping manager, and send a pre-paid return shipper for the Basic. Alexis is top notch!
I guess it’s good that they’re making it right but it’s a little goofy when you have to school them on a product that they’re selling.

Missed out on the SK Rifle Match, but will definitely look at Whidden Gunwerks in the future. My practice ammo is SK Std + and I have started using SK Rifle Match in matches. Good stuff.

Times like these show what companies/people are made of. There are plenty out there that are gouging to make a quick buck and aren't looking at the long haul. Creedmoor Sports has been a "go to" for me as they try to support the shooting sports community and have kept most of their prices at pre-panic levels.

lowestammo.com is showing different SK brands in stock (Standard+, Rifle Match, Biathlon, etc...) but shipping is pricey