Minuteman
  • Mar 19, 2020
    Maryland

sys700

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 19, 2020
    Portage, MI
    Not too happy with Brownells. I paid for shipping protection (an extra $3) yet they shipped 4 bricks of Center-X (not cheap!) in the bottom of a thin cardboard box, with some paper thrown in on top for good measure. You can see the brick in the bottom of the box:

5MAEtrRFSSyJuxwSimtQIQ_thumb_cf50.jpg
    UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_cf4f.jpg

RS14

Gunny Sergeant
    Minuteman
    May 7, 2019
    Panama City Florida
    I would have passed as well......I have some.thoughts about TS USA.....but I will keep them to myself, let's say I wont be worried about what they have in stock......ever.
    I will say that my opinion of them has changed a lot since covid. I used to buy from them quite often. But haven’t seen a price I’m willing to pay since things went crazy.

Reactions: Schütze

Schütze

Sergeant of the Hide
    Minuteman
    Jul 7, 2018
    I will say that my opinion of them has changed a lot since covid. I used to buy from them quite often. But haven’t seen a price I’m willing to pay since things went crazy.
    Agreed, same here. Have bought lots of ammo from them before covid. That's over... never again

sys700

Private
    Minuteman
    Dec 19, 2020
    Portage, MI
    Center-X, SK Rifle, and SK Standard Plus in stock as of 1:00PM EST at Whidden Gunworks (must be logged in to see availability).

jac68984

Private
    Minuteman
    Feb 6, 2014
    Center-X, SK Rifle, and SK Standard Plus in stock as of 1:00PM EST at Whidden Gunworks (must be logged in to see availability).

Thanks! Been needing some CenterX.

Merlin O

Private
    Minuteman
    Sep 2, 2006
    Friendswood TX
    I got an email this morning for CenterX for 12.95. Now shows out of stock but... I may have missed the Out of Stock disclaimer this morning when I first got the email..... Not sure.

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
    Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I got an email this morning for CenterX for 12.95. Now shows out of stock but... I may have missed the Out of Stock disclaimer this morning when I first got the email..... Not sure.

No, there were probably 1000 emails that went out and the first 20 responses probably bought out all of the ammo that was available. It's difficult to rely on emails because they send out so many in respect to the amount of product really available.

Better luck next time.

Reactions: Merlin O

BytorJr

Major Hide Member
    Minuteman
    Nov 28, 2018
    Not that this is exactly on topic; but a while back I got some Aguila stuff, the 250 backs (2000 rounds). Took it out with a new shooter this past weekend and was shocked how many duds there were. Probably 20%. Not light strikes either as they had big deep dents.

Fast forward and I got 3 boxes of 525 Winchester this week Again for plinking/22LR pistol training. Also, many misfires. So took it to another platform. Same thing. Both of these I bought AFTER the COVID rush began and I suspect they were made during COVID "recovery" - especially the Winchester.

Granted, these are low grade stuff; but Aguila has been rock solid for me (save the kaboom that took out my PPQ 22 barrel).

Anybody else got recent "cheap" manufactured ammo and having issues?

AZ Dan

Private
    Minuteman
    Oct 24, 2020
    Arizona
    Did they raise prices on sv? I thought it was 3.99 before
    It was $3.99 as of a few weeks ago (5/12) when I placed my last order. Looks like they also raised the price of the Blazer up to $4.99. Not a big surprise...Vista Outdoors told everyone they were going to raise prices.

PepperX

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 28, 2021
    Ohio
    It seems the price increase slowed sales down a bit. CCI still has SV, Quiet, and Maxi-Mag in stock.

BullGear

Huckleberry Dillinger
    Minuteman
  • Nov 29, 2017
    Hazzard County
    I ordered on Wednesday from CCI and my CC has been charged as of yesterday. Maybe they're shipping faster than their 2-3 weeks as advertized.

PepperX

Private
    Minuteman
    Apr 28, 2021
    Ohio
    I ordered on Wednesday from CCI and my CC has been charged as of yesterday. Maybe they're shipping faster than their 2-3 weeks as advertized.
    I have placed five orders now with CCI. They have all shipped within 5-15 days of being ordered. The only one that shipped early was when I only ordered SV, and paid the $12 shipping. All four orders over $100 with free shipping were 12-15 days to ship. This is just my experience. Your mileage may vary.

KnowNothing256

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jan 9, 2020
    Sure seems odd that they would charge my credit card that far in advance of shipping my order.
    Not really that strange, it’s not backordered stock. Most vendors I’ve seen charge when you place the order if it’s in stock, even if shipping takes awhile. Amazon charges even if it isn’t in stock 🙄

Reactions: Utahgeoff

KnowNothing256

Supporter
    Supporter
    Minuteman
    Jan 9, 2020
    Champions Choice sometimes has call-only stock, this thread has been the best tracker for that for me. Suppose you could also just call them every AM too?

Reactions: Usmc03111983

accurate obsession

Private
    Minuteman
    Aug 8, 2017
    GA
    Having been successful at getting ammo from CC earlier in the year, for the past month or more I've seen nothing posted. I called one morning because of the posts on this forum and the lady said they (CC) will always post in-stock numbers but you must call to purchase. Is this true? I'm always hitting the site multiple times a day and haven't seen any in-stock in a while.
    Are you guys seeing in-stock numbers THEN calling or are you just calling blind hoping to get lucky?