• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

From what I've read this is a lower grade long range match. How s+ is a lower grade rifle match.
One line is 1073 and another 1106.

Reactions: Cowpokey
Does anyone have experience with pistol match special in a rifle? Does it stay subsonic? The test barrels are 4 and 5 inches on sk’s website. I’d order some if I knew what to expect as far as rifle velocity.
From what I've read, PM Special is supposed to be the same velocity as Long Range Match, just a grade down. PM is supposed to be the same as Rifle Match, but a grade down. My numbers for RM and PM don't "exactly" line up, across the MagnetoSpeed V3 20" Vudoo Ace barrel; RM averaged 1077, PM averaged 1083...each of those were 50 rounds averaged the same day, weather was 81ºF, 29.62" pressure and 74% humidity.

Does anyone have experience with pistol match special in a rifle? Does it stay subsonic? The test barrels are 4 and 5 inches on sk’s website. I’d order some if I knew what to expect as far as rifle velocity.

From Jaia over at RimfireCentral.

Reactions: BisSilent
I bought a case🤞

Reactions: Kg33
If anyone has a Scheels store local. Check them out. Normally I can find ammo cheaper online then there. But today after work I stopped in like I do every Friday.

THEY HAD SK RIFLE MATCH FOR $6.99 A BOX!!

Not sure if it was a typo but I grabbed 1500 rounds and out the door for 2 hundred something.

If anyone has a Scheels store local. Check them out. Normally I can find ammo cheaper online then there. But today after work I stopped in like I do every Friday.

Not sure if it was a typo but I grabbed 1500 rounds and out the door for 2 hundred something.
That is just awesome!!!

Reactions: camocorvette
Yeah I never score big like that. So I was pumped. They had a half a pallet they were unboxing of just sk match.

Holy crap, wish I lived near there (or a Scheels in general) - go grab it all lol

Champion's Choice has SK Long Range Match, Pistol Match Special, High Velocity Match, and Lapua Center X as of 9:30 EST.

That’s odd, I’m still only seeing the high velocity in stock. I’ll keep checking back.

I just ordered the last 16 boxes of Lapua Midas Plus from Champion's Choice. Tried to order a case but this was all they had left. Good luck to all and hope you get your ammo.

I just ordered the last 16 boxes of Lapua Midas Plus from Champion's Choice. Tried to order a case but this was all they had left. Good luck to all and hope you get your ammo.
Wrong thread. That belongs under Where to NOT get ammo now.

A place called ammoshoponline.com has RWS Rifle Match for $6.49/box which seems to be much lower than anywhere else if in stock.
Have not heard of them so I just ordered one brick but they also say free shipping on $200.

A place called ammoshoponline.com has RWS Rifle Match for $6.49/box which seems to be much lower than anywhere else if in stock.
Have not heard of them so I just ordered one brick but they also say free shipping on $200.
Thanks. I rolled the dice on this one. Haven’t tried RWS ammo but beggars can’t be choosers.

IMG_20210913_203400_429.jpg

Just got the case tonight....hope it shoots well in the Rim-X 🤞

I haven’t been to Rimfire central in years. Does he regularly stock ammo? Been wanting to try that in my Pardini and my soon to be delivered Black Mamba
Sorry, got the ammo from Good Shooting. Rimfire Central had the thread on the SK PM special.

Reactions: Doctorwho1138
View attachment 7703262View attachment 7703263
The SK PM special is showing some promise. 73 yard off of railing 5 shot group. I will get some bench shooting in to make sure this wasn't just luck. I will gladly share the lot # then.
Thanks. The reason I ask is in the past I’ve bought PMS a few times and it sucked. I bought a brick recently from CC it was real good, so I ordered a few more. I’m wondering if GoodShooting got some of the same stuff. I ordered a case of CenterX this morning from Kathy. If given a choice I’d buy from GoodShooting every time.

Reactions: BisSilent
Scheels in Lincoln, NE has tens of thousands of rounds of 223 and 5.56.
Everything from FGMM to Red Star and everything in between

Looking for a couple bricks of Pistol Match at CC price. I check this thread a couple times a day. I’d trade PMS even up.

Thanks. The reason I ask is in the past I’ve bought PMS a few times and it sucked. I bought a brick recently from CC it was real good, so I ordered a few more. I’m wondering if GoodShooting got some of the same stuff. I ordered a case of CenterX this morning from Kathy. If given a choice I’d buy from GoodShooting every time.
Went out real quick to try it at 50 yards off the bench. When I settled down and did my job I think this stuff might be good 👍🏼. I haven’t gotten any muzzel velocities on it yet but the zero isn't far off. Haven't messed with the tuner either. On the 5 groups I dialed up and down and used the same point of aim. Got one real good group(bottom left)
20210914_171204.jpg
20210914_171358.jpg

Champion's choice has Center X in stock. Probably will only last a few minutes. I checked CC about an hour ago and they were not showing it in stock, then saw post that Whidden's had it in stock, so ordered from them, lol. Cost me a few buck more from Whidden's but such is life.:)

Last edited:
Reactions: Parkerized
Champion's choice has Center X in stock. Probably will only last a few minutes. I checked CC about an hour ago and they were not showing it in stock, then saw post that Whidden's had it in stock, so ordered from them, lol. Cost me a few buck more from Whidden's but such is life.:)
Got a case this morning. Thanks for the heads up.

Reactions: UncleDunk