• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to get ammo now post

60 grain I've heard people looking for. Never used it myself

I wonder how it shoots out of the standard 16 twist 22lr barrels?

I wonder how it shoots out of the standard 16 twist 22lr barrels?
Not well, unless you have a fast twist. Tried it in my Mossberg 44, and it keyholes hard at 25 yards into about a 3” group. Fun and quiet out of pistols. Seems to stabilize better for some reason.

Reactions: flyfisher117
This is the best price I've seen on Norma tac. Shoots better then SK Match in my rifle.

Discount code is FMJ
1634584369515.png

Reactions: pnwkiwi and mulish
And Ammo Fast has it for approx. $10.00 more per brick. Honestly it's a wash. $8.95 versus $7.99 but no sales tax from Afast so on 40 boxes the diff is less $.39/box. Not supporting one or the other...

Last edited:
Reactions: Doctorwho1138

Creedmoor has Tenex in stock.

Midas plus

Eley match

Champion's Choice has 239 boxes of Center-X left at $13.00 per box, and with considerable savings with a case. Won't last long, I'm sure of that! Good luck.

what is "case Price?" how many rounds per case? New to the 22 game
Thanks

Rather than starting a new thread, what was the going rate for Center-X pre-scamdemic/ammo shortage?

Mid 2020 I paid $1027 shipped for a case purchased thru the Ohio test center.
I was using RWS R-50 at the time, but I kept up with the prices for Center-X (and others) and I seem to recall that Champion's Choice and Good Shooting maintained a price similar to what you paid, maybe just a tad higher on cases. If the good Lord willing, I plan on using the test center in Ohio this winter and sure hope to get a decent price. Thanks for the info.

Reactions: jackd
The good news is that is seems .22 is slowly making a comeback on supply. I shopped around a bunch of online retailers a couple of days ago and there are more and more items coming into stock. I also did a LGS recon drive around town and there are several that had a decent inventory of .22 stuff. Mostly plinking ammo, but Sportsmans Warehouse had some Lapua Center X.
Yea I’m starting to see prices come down as well. Found Blazer brass 9mm for $19.99 for 50. Still a shit price but that’s down from the $25 a box a 50 most places are still pricing it at.

Reactions: RGStory
SK LRM, SK HV Match and SK Pistol Match in stock...

Reactions: Bowie 6 and mulish
I bought a case of SK pistol match, delivered a couple days ago from Champs. Hopefully it's as good as the last half a case I got from them last order. The last batch was better than Rifle Match.

How do you guys ship ammo?

Found some for a buddy locally but they won’t ship it out of state.

I shot PM and CX yesterday and the PM shot better in my 457.
I bought a few bricks of PM not long ago and it’s the best PM I’ve had. It still won’t outshoot lot tested Center X for me at least not in the two 457’s I’ve tried it in. It shoots good though. I wouldn’t be surprised if it out shot some random lots of CX.

I bought a few bricks of PM not long ago and it’s the best PM I’ve had. It still won’t outshoot lot tested Center X for me at least not in the two 457’s I’ve tried it in. It shoots good though. I wouldn’t be surprised if it out shot some random lots of CX.
I'm comparing random purchased lots of each, haven't had the CZ to Lapua yet, maybe in the spring.

Reactions: Appalachian
Whidden has center x, rifle match, long range.
Unknown munitions has rifle match and long range.
Same flat rate shipping and no tax just depends which side of country you are on.

Good news - It seems that ammo is starting to flow in.
Bad news - I took the rifle to the Lapua rimfire test center recently. They currently have a 1 case limit on purchases (for 4 months). They informed me that this limit will be in effect at least until Feb 2022.

I hope that helps someone with their purchasing decisions.
YMMV may vary, happy shooting.

ps. Amazing service and great data. ES outer edge distance at 50 yds varied from 19mm to 28mm (32%) for a 10 shot group. Best $ you can spend on ammo as I went through 15 boxes of ammo before finding the SK RM it liked.

Reactions: CBeck and ma smith
Good news - It seems that ammo is starting to flow in.
Bad news - I took the rifle to the Lapua rimfire test center recently. They currently have a 1 case limit on purchases (for 4 months). They informed me that this limit will be in effect at least until Feb 2022.

I hope that helps someone with their purchasing decisions.
YMMV may vary, happy shooting.

ps. Amazing service and great data. ES outer edge distance at 50 yds varied from 19mm to 28mm (32%) for a 10 shot group. Best $ you can spend on ammo as I went through 15 boxes of ammo before finding the SK RM it liked.
I am reading this correctly, Lapua had SK there to test? When I went it was only Lapua that they offered. I will advise anyone going in Winter to the Ohio Facility, don't not go on a Monday..Luke had an awful time getting the sensors to read, he said it happens a lot during the cold months on Mondays from not being used over the weekend..