• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Gunsmithing where to install flush cups

patriotoutlaw

Sergeant
Minuteman
Dec 30, 2009
Missouri
I am preparing to equip my 788 "Scout Rifle" of my own design, with a shooting sling. Probably a TAB. I shoot RH. I am wondering how many and at what locations should I install flush cups. Also, if there is a Post or link to proper installation techniques, I could use that info. I plan on accur-glassing or epoxying the cups in, unless instructed otherwise. The stock is the only synth. on the market that I am aware of....dare I say, a Ram-Line. Any info,tips, etc...is appreciated.

Re: where to install flush cups

One thing you need to be careful about is if the stock is hollow. If it is, once you make your hole (3/8 if I remember right), go get some Great Stuff for a hardware shop and fill the cavity. You want to use a drill press and have the stock strapped down or in a vice so it can't move. Slowly deepen the holes until you have the proper depth. If you go to deep you can use same washers to make up the difference. You should be able to figure out where to put the cups, but I always like mine on the left side of the weapon. Good luck.

Re: where to install flush cups

Since I am sure that this C/A stock is hollow, I was wondering if I drilled all the way through, epoxied/marine tec/accru-glassed an alum. ferrule in the stock, then screwed the cups into both sides if that would make it a little stronger. Also, I should probably put one on the underneath, instead of the side of the forearm to keep it from twisting when I lock up in the sling? It is free floated, now, but I don't think it will withstand a whole lot of pressure.