• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to put it?

FWoo45

Major Hide Member
Minuteman
Jun 19, 2020
NorKal
8FA5FDCF-7E54-4311-8D59-202E11ECC19A.jpeg

As the title states, not sure how far in I should mount my new(to me) press. Very happy with the location of the 750. If I mirror em, I’ll have 10” of bench on my left side of the mount. Is that enough? I’ve only loaded a few thousand pistol rounds on my 750 so I’m really pretty new and inexperienced. Obviously trying to get more precise with rifle stuff with the Co-Ax.

I prefer to move the press that I’m not using at the moment off the bench. But in your case with the Dillon on the strong mount you cannot do that. You’d have two put the Inline plates on them.

Needs more room on the left side. I have my chargemasters, bullets, and case tray on the left and pull the lever with my right hand.

Reactions: FWoo45
Looks fine.

But, do yourself a favor and break out the stud finder and grab a couple ~3-4" L-brackets like these: https://www.lowes.com/pd/National-Hardware-3-1-16-in-Steel-Zinc-Plated-Corner-Brace/1000357661

Bolt a couple to the top of your bench and the wall (on the studs) and voila: bench will instantly be twice as solid. You'll definitely notice it when running the presses. And arguably, it might even help you make better ammo, because it'll eliminate a whole bunch of vibration and wobble that you're probably not even aware you have now.

My setup is similar:
Reloading Bench.jpg

Reactions: FWoo45
Looks fine.

But, do yourself a favor and break out the stud finder and grab a couple ~3-4" L-brackets like these: https://www.lowes.com/pd/National-Hardware-3-1-16-in-Steel-Zinc-Plated-Corner-Brace/1000357661

Bolt a couple to the top of your bench and the wall (on the studs) and voila: bench will instantly be twice as solid. You'll definitely notice it when running the presses. And arguably, it might even help you make better ammo, because it'll eliminate a whole bunch of vibration and wobble that you're probably not even aware you have now.

My setup is similar:
View attachment 7686880
It’s lagged to a 2x4 screwed to the wall studs with 3” sinkers. The casters are locked on 1/4” plate. The bench is solid. Before I did that it was shaky at best.

Reactions: CK1.0
I mounted an old table top on top of a tool box kind of like yours. I can spread the presses out further and spin it around to use the sides for case prep, cleaning, etc. Gives you quite a bit more room to work.
20201121_140837.jpg
20201121_140820.jpg

Last edited: