• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Suppressors Where to send suppressor for Cerakote?

pyplynr

Minuteman
Apr 4, 2010
Oklahoma
I'm wanting to send my suppressor out for Cerakote. Can I send it to a regular paint shop with a FFL or does it have to be a SOT? Whichever the route I must go, what recommendations do you have for this project?

Re: Where to send suppressor for Cerakote?

I have had cans Cerakoted. The matte black non-bake product was used with good result. HOWEVER, make sure your engraving is deep enough to still show through the coating. If it appears too shallow, tape it off and live with the bare patch. Or hit it with SCARmore. I mean stove black.
smile.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: popndrop</div><div class="ubbcode-body">HP Customs in Lake Forest, Ca has an SOT and are a Certified Cerakote place. Hal has done several of my guns and is great.
http://www.hpcustomandcoatings.com/
</div></div>

Who's going to send their can to CA to get Cerakoted? I don't think that would work too well.

OC Armory in Lake Forest, CA also has the ability to buy/sell supressors in CA to qualified persons. Might be able to help out in terms of sending one for refinishing, Ask for Mike - Owner.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pyplynr</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'm wanting to send my suppressor out for Cerakote. Can I send it to a regular paint shop with a FFL or does it have to be a SOT? Whichever the route I must go, what recommendations do you have for this project? </div></div>

The place doing the work by regulations is supposed to be a Manufacturer/SOT.

Find someone local to you..... call them and ask if it could be done while you wait. Take the suppressor and paperwork with you. Have it done and wait the 30 minutes it needs in the oven. Done.

I appologize. I had not taken in consideration it being a form 1 build.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Superdave</div><div class="ubbcode-body"> I appologize. I had not taken in consideration it being a form 1 build. </div></div>

It's not. It's a TBAC 30p-1. It's black and I'd like to get it done in tan or fde.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Zak Smith</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Give us a call, we can re-coat it for a minimal cost.</div></div>

Sent an email. Thanks

buy a 20$ or less airbrush, a bottle of cera from brownells and toss is in the oven when done, but the airdry is better then the bake for cans, it will last longer and take more heat...

why would you pay someone else to do this?...

its like a 15min job at best...

I have an airbrush, but a bottle of CeraKote is $40. It's gonna be cheaper to send it off. Also I haven't ever used CeraKote. Duracoat I've done. Just want it done right.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Ring</div><div class="ubbcode-body">cera and dura go on the same way, same prep... </div></div>

Same prep maybe but Cerakote is in a league of its own. Duracoat is not even close in performance.

Accurate Ordnance refinished suppressors. Contact Mark on here (Bookhound) and he can get you squared away.