• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where to shoot? Triple C is gone - and I’m lost!

1MileShooter

Private
Minuteman
Feb 3, 2022
McKinney, TX
I moved back to Dallas a few weeks ago after living out of state for the last 2 years, and went to load up to head to my old stomping ground last week (Triple C) and it is friggin closed!!! I read the story the owner posted, and it’s such a shame. I live in McKinney, so it would have been a bit further than when I lived in Fort Worth previously - but I can’t find a damned thing near me (or the google can’t!!). Question for this group - is there a place within 2 hours of McKinney/north DFW that has a ELR range? i have no interest in 5-800 yard ranges. My 375 Cheytac is having withdrawals, and i need a place with 1,500 yards at the very least!! Any recommendations appreciated! Even a private option I’d be open to, i’m going nuts here!

Triple C gone. Bummer for sure. Me and some buddies went to North East Texas Tactical when TC closed. They are caliber limited though.

Reactions: 1MileShooter
Yup Triple C is closed. I shoot at Jacobs plains. About 45min from McKinney depending on where you live I’m just north of you in Melissa.

Jacobs plains goes 1200yds. Problem is it’s unclear how long that range will be open as the owner of the land passed away. With land pricing in the DFW area going skyrocket high it’s unclear how long they will leave it undeveloped.

You can shoot your 375 at TacPro out to 1000yards. I know, it’s almost a waste of ammo.

I’m probably heading out to Hawks Double Mountain Ranch in the spring and putting together a group. https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...s-double-mountain-ranch.7091912/#post-9710873

Rebel ridge is your best bet. I’m going to try and make it twice a year this year and going forward.

Biggest problem around here is BS caliber restrictions.

Tell him to stop restricting 375 😢

1-Mile Range

Permitted: Firearms up to and including the .30 cal. or 300 Magnum family of cartridges including .300 Win Mag, 300 PRC, 300 Ultra Mag, etc.

NOT permitted: Any caliber larger than .300 Magnum family including .325, .338, .375, .408, .416, & .50

You can shoot your 375 at TacPro out to 1000yards. I know, it’s almost a waste of ammo.

I’m probably heading out to Hawks Double Mountain Ranch in the spring and putting together a group. https://www.snipershide.com/shootin...s-double-mountain-ranch.7091912/#post-9710873

Rebel ridge is your best bet. I’m going to try and make it twice a year this year and going forward.

Biggest problem around here is BS caliber restrictions.
Man i was just reading about this place - and that sounds amazing.

where one door closes another is sure to open never be lost go with god lol
hope you find another range that's close enough to you to make up for your loss .

Yep

Tell him to stop restricting 375 😢

1-Mile Range

Permitted: Firearms up to and including the .30 cal. or 300 Magnum family of cartridges including .300 Win Mag, 300 PRC, 300 Ultra Mag, etc.

NOT permitted: Any caliber larger than .300 Magnum family including .325, .338, .375, .408, .416, & .50
Its my understanding that a law suit has forced a restriction to calibers 338 and larger in rifles. Great range and the owner is GTG, I live in ft worth and head to NETT most weekends.

Did you ever find anything. My friend is trying to find a place for a guy he served with to shoot his 338 out of McKinney.

Did you ever find anything. My friend is trying to find a place for a guy he served with to shoot his 338 out of McKinney.
Fossil Point range in Decater allows 338, but range stops at 800. You have to qualify for the long range steel. 45.00 daily range fee.