• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where were you today July 20, 1969

When the News came over our Battallion. net," niner niner, "We have men on the Moon." I could see the moon coming up and was so stupid that I took my 8X binos out of my ruck and braced up against a tree and looked over there and was really expecting to see some kind of reflection or something from the lunar lander. I didn't see it, but I tried.
I was 20 year old, fuckin around in the jungle, and didn't know my ass from a hole in the ground trying to use those binos, but all of us in my squad gave it a try so we went on, looking for something we could see, and we found that.
I was NOT a Lt. I was E-5 and could read a map and use a compass.

I was just a kid but fascinated with anything related to space science. My parents let me stay up to watch the entire excursion on the black and white. I fell asleep on the couch.