• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Where were you today July 20, 1969

3rd or 4th grade. Parents woke us up to watch.

I was driving home with my dad from the marina where he kept his boat. I recall that when Armstrong touched the lunar surface, the town we were driving through sounded the fire sirens. Weird, but interesting.

Not sure, but probably glued to the TV.
We used to watch the launches and touchdowns at school too.

My dad graduated in 69, I came along about 13 years later.

I wonder if the moon is flat like the earth, just two ritz crackers in space. One on the back of a turtle, an one hanging from a hook in the sky. :ROFLMAO:

The first space related thing I remember, just barely, is the Challenger explosion.

Sitting in the Blue Dahlia drinking a pitcher of Blue Ribbon beer.

I remember the Challenger. I was probably in 1st or 2nd grade.

They had a moment of silence for the astronauts.

The last space shuttle crash happened when I was home on leave from Europe visiting my daughter.

I was at the NEX in Rota, Spain when I found out they caught Saddam.

I was at the US Embassy in Canberra when they killed Bin Ladin.

I was on the USS Nimitz and we had just pulled out of Singapore on September 11th. Went straight off the coast of India and stayed there for 5 months.

I was at my GF's 18th birthday party/cookout. We went inside to watch the landing. The other guests left by 9 PM, and I stayed and we watched the moonwalk with her parents.

For Real: I was just getting back from the lift off in Florida. Grandparents took me all over Florida for summer vacation. We stayed in Coco Beach in a camper and watched it blast off!
The three greatest things I have seen in my life are:
That Launch! I was eleven.
The birth of my son.
And the Space Shuttle re-entry, it flew right over us.
Now all we have on TV is bullshit and snowflakes. Times have changed.
Oh, and fuck Jeff Bezos, he will never be an astronaut. Just a billionaire with a expensive bottle rocket.

Actually celebrating my 46th birthday when it landed.

RVN. I was in country about eight months at the time. The team was small and we were "busy". I don't remember the event but I'm sure we would have been aware of it within a few days. Back in "the world" I'm sure it was well covered and closely followed. In "my world", not so much.

Living in student housing at the General Theological Seminary in NYC. Also watching on a small black and white tv. I would be at Ft. Gordon in Signal Corps officer training one year later.

I was up with Mom, Dad, and my brothers watching the B&W TV drinking cup of hot Dr. Prepper with lemon slices. Can still see the images in my mind. Great times growing up and seeing the wonder of the world and what could be done if allowed to dream big things.

sitting on the floor of the living room, in front of the tv with the rest of the family.

I was only 8, and my parents wouldn’t let me stay up to watch it. Our color tv was broken and my dad filmed it with his movie camera on the little black and white tv that we had. We had those home movies around for a long time, but I have no idea where they are now.

I was still 9 years and 11 days premature…

Sunday evening High School Church group was at my Parents house... In looking back... That was a good group to share that evening with.

Hobo

4 yrs old, watching on the Curtis Mathis “furniture” tv with the fam. The next day when my folks were at work I drew a reenactment of Armstrong saluting Old Glory on the lunar surface….using red Crayon on mom’s white couch. The way my mom reacted I thought I was in for a whuppin’ when dad got home, but he just laughed and shook his head.