• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Hunting & Fishing Where would you go? What would you hunt?

Re: Where would you go? What would you hunt?

Being a wingshooter, I bet you would get the largest smile shooting birds. Shooting a case of shells a day seeing how many Doves you can hit would be at the top. If you plan it right you can shoot some ducks down there too.

Take twin matching shotguns especially if they are semi-autos and you shoot while someone reloads the other then trade and repeat all day long.

For me it would be having a tag in my pocket anyplace where I would have a good chance of finding a nice slick heavy & wide 4x4 muley buck:)

Maybe not really exotic but nothing better than a big muledeer IMHO.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Oregonmuley</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For me it would be having a tag in my pocket anyplace where I would have a good chance of finding a nice slick heavy & wide 4x4 muley buck:)

Maybe not really exotic but nothing better than a big muledeer IMHO. </div></div>

Good call right there! I love hunting big mule deer bucks!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: i_rep</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being a wingshooter, I bet you would get the largest smile shooting birds. Shooting a case of shells a day seeing how many Doves you can hit would be at the top. If you plan it right you can shoot some ducks down there too.

Take twin matching shotguns especially if they are semi-autos and you shoot while someone reloads the other then trade and repeat all day long.</div></div>

This is very fun.... almost lost a thumbnail in Argentina shooting a 20 ga Benelli auto, loading it myself. Switched to O/U for next two days, had a bird boy standing there with shells - BANG BANG, break, eject, double stuff, BANG BANG, repeat frequently.

3 1/2 days.... 10k shells. was hitting 50-60 in row without misses... got a little carried away...

For a go anywhere hunt, Marco polo sheep, I mean if money and time is not a factor. For me it would be the ultimate hunt. I have hunted Dall sheep in Alaska. Marco polo sheep would be the next big thing, look them up, its like a Dall sheep on steroids!

Free range aoudad in Texas won't break the bank but is identical to any other desert sheep hunt and is extremely challenging I shot my first one 10 yrs ago and have been obsessed since. No other animal has given me a better run for the money

I would go to new zeiland for tar. Thays my dream hunt.

dove shoot in Argentina and pig shoot off a Helo in Texas. I am a trigger puller, not enough patience to wait or stalk game.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: cpt.creedmoor</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Loopdog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Pirates in the Gulf of Oman. </div></div>

+1000 </div></div>

I'm with these guys!!! But for now alaska sounds pretty good too.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: ollie</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I would go to new zeiland for tar. Thays my dream hunt. </div></div>

I hunted the possums in New Zealand once back in 05. They run up the tree and keep the trunk in between you and them. If you wait, they get curious to see if you're still there and then pop their head out to look and you can head shoot them everytime. It's a blast.

Bear hunting is something i definently want to try

I seen alot of alaskas, and honestly that was my first thought, bear hunting.... But i like coyote hunting and i think it would be cool to go out west on a coyote/ wolf hunt... Either or would be cool.

Unfortunatly noone offers it but my top choice would be jurassic park

Camels and Pigs, preferably from a chopper, in the Northern Territory or FNQld (seriously, look it up. great southern land has alot to offer).
While you're up there, go after buffalo.

Anything in New Zealand (suck it yanks, costs me $85 to fly there and no Visa! haha)

21 day Africa safari, 3 cape buffalo!!! Anything else that moves, the least amount of money per animal by far!

Hunt something that hunts back!!

Bet hunt ever
FirstBuffalo-TZ.jpg

I would like to hunt African dangerous game with my bow or anything from the sky...pigs, yotes, illegals whatever. I would settle for a AZ elk hunt.

Coyotes with a MK19 would also be a dream come true.

Seems kinda funny.... but as I get geared up for 'just another moose hunt' on the Yukon this fall, I keep thinking how much fun it would be to hunt white tail, turkey, and hogs!
smile.gif

And you can put me down for a Cape Buff, zebra, and other african plains game also.

Alaska for Bear, Sheep, Moose...etc. Would have to get in on a Water Foul hunt too. Killin Ducks is the most fun you can have while freezing your ass off.

Montana mules
Alaskan kodi Island brown bear
Africa's dangerous five
And I would give anything to sit beside my grandpa to hunt whitetail again.

I'd go to Alaska or Africa but a bird hunter couldn't beat Argentina for Dove. My father-in-law goes every year and RAVES about it.

One time anything anywhere, cost not an issue..

Ibex, Kyrgyzstan.

More realistically, some type of goat/ram in Alaska. I'd also like to get one caribou.

Without a doubt....AFRICA...go for some plains game. Great experience and you can "sleep outside" sort of in some places.
I had an awesome time two years ago when I went. I'd like to go back an get the Kudu that eluded me an take a bow as well.
I went with www.nhorosafaris.com . Gordon is a great guy as is his staff.

You don't have to go far to be challenged by coyote using mouth calls only. I know it's not as sexy as traveling across the globe or being in some breathtaking mountains but it will test you if you havent done it before.

Hope you find what you're looking for.

My fat ass would love to hunt a Dall's Sheep.

Iraq or Afghanistan to hunt terrorists!!!!!!!!! Oh wait... done that.

I would love to hunt elk in Montana, or like many others have mentioned, Dalls sheep. Any Alaska trip would be at the top of my list.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: WhiteCliffsOfDover</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Africa
Mozambique to hunt Elephant

</div></div>

I agree with the elephant, but not Mozambique (can't import ivory into US from there).

1) Tuskless elephant in Zimbabwe with Buzz Charlton (it doesn't get more exciting than that and very reasonable price).

2) Lioness in either Zimbabwe or Namibia

3)Non-trophy bull elephant in Namibia

I've done the tuskless and hope to do the lioness in either 13 or 14 with Jamy Traut in Namibia.

BTW, the elephants that I listed are not exportable, but are very affordable.

I would love to go to Canada for a Caribou, also want to go on a big dove hunt in South America one of these days.

Whitetail hunting on Honobia creek wildlife management area and deer camp with my dad, brother, Grandpa Leslie, and Grandpa Frank. Hasn't happened since the latter two passed. Never really cared bout killin nothin much. Just stories and time.

Speed Goats and Rams, both native to Montana. Maybe moose and definately any wolves that I cross paths with.

If hunt is myself only, Cape Buffalo in Africa.
If hunting with my brother, fly-in river float for caribou in Alaska.
Also, on the top of the list bird shooting in Argentina.

MARCO POLO Hands down.
Expensive, but an adventure of a life time.

Second would be Dall Sheep in Alaska or some Tundra hunting for Bou, etc.

IM me for all the info.

$35k 100% success

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Garvey</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Guess I don't think as exotic.

Montana for elk, mule deer, white tail, antelope....and whatever else I could come up with. </div></div>

This plus when you want to do alot of shooting you can always go shoot some groundhogs

One day I'd like to hunt red stag, caribou and kudu or eland. Hell, a damn deer tag in my neck of the woods would be nice (eleven years applying for a NW New Mexico tag with no luck!!!).

I also have a strange desire to go to Africa to hunt hyenas! Lots of hyenas!

I live in and hunt my dream destination all the time...NZ

A good mate of mine is a hunting guide
http://nagsnstags.co.nz/

Everybody fixates on the reds and forgets about all the other big game species here like fallow, sika, sambar, tahr and chamois

Reds are nice but fallow taste better

IMG_0779.jpg

huntingpana.jpg

I spend most of my time hunting birds on the beach

DSC_8142.jpg

we also have what I've been told are the largest species of duck in the world- Paradise Shelducks

DSCF0123.jpg

I spent 5 days hunting in Argentina. It as a combo wingshooting trip. Wake up and hunt ducks (if you go in the right area, there is no limit - 40-50 duck mornings are possible for a shooter in a blind alone). Come back for lunch and then head out dove hunting - shoot anywhere from 10-20 BOXES of shells in an afternoon.

I had no interest in a dove only trip, that high of volume can get somewhat boring pretty quickly, but the combo hunt was amazing. One day we also added perdiz, which is like chukar, and did upland hunting.

Its not cheap, but if you are a wingshooter, I don't think it can be beat anywhere in the world.

Like you, I haven't done as much big game, I think a plains game safari is probably the best thing going for a great experience, a lot of game, and even value - you could spend same amount to go for a big elk in the US.

can you bring back the "meat"? a lot of latin AM trips fishing and hunting look super. but,to a large extent i am a food seeker. defrays some cost and you eat healthier. getting meat back is a hassle i have heard. true or not?

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: bbear</div><div class="ubbcode-body">White Mountain Apache Indian reservation for bull elk or Alaska for brown bear. Both would be archery hunts of course. </div></div>
^^^^^^^this

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: King</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Gents,

If you could go anywhere to hunt anything, where would you go and what would you go after? (I'm not excluding bird hunting - I want to hear everything)

Martin </div></div>

SD, and hunt coyotes with suppressed weapons.