• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which 34MM Mount?

Cobracutter

Gunny Sergeant
Banned !
Feb 28, 2006
NOVA
I am looking to mount a 34MM HDMR to my AR-10. I am stuck on the mount choices. I was going to go with the BOBRO 34MM, but I think I should stay away from QD as this will be a dedicated rig.

I am looking hard at the Eurooptics 34MM unimount with 28MOA

Also looking at the ADDMOUNT 20MOA and Spuhr.

I am most likley going to mount a T1 in offset down the road. They all come with a bubble level. The eurooptic + a SAR mount from TVNC is still cheaper than the AAD +offset cap.

Any reason not to go with the Eurooptics or reason to go WITH the ADD or SPUHR. AI also makes a once piece mount that looks decent.

For either your 45 degree T1 or your 34mm scope; I am a huge fan of alamo 4 star. It is on my HDMR and unlike most mounts, it has 6 crossbolts through the picatinny rail (larue has 2), is very heavy duty and their prices are not bad. I know you were worried about qd but once I got mine all worries went away. Just my .02.

Spuhr?

Felstavningar beror på någon annan

After owning my 30mm (I know not 34mm) Spuhr cantilever mount I will never go with another mount ever again. Hakan does a helluva job on all aspects regarding scope mounts and it is worth the money that you shell out. That being said I will be buying a 34mm mount in some configuration in the future.

Another vote for Spuhr. On a bolt gun, that's the way to go. That said, where you need QD Bobro makes a slick product.
I really like my 30mm Bobro, but the 34mm seemed a little overbuilt, felt like it weighed close to a pound.

Nightforce offers the following one piece mounts in 34mm (non QD):

A257 - Unimount, 1.44" height with 20moa of taper Retails for $260
A194 - Extended Unimount, 1.44" height with 20moa of taper Retails for $260 Extended forward an additional .6"
A162 - MagMount, 1.44" height with 0moa of taper and 3 clamping jaws Retails for $295

All of the above have Titanium crossbolts and jaws - http://nightforceoptics.com/accessories/ultralite-unimount/
The website has not yet been updated to reflect the new 34mm models

We also have our UltraLight rings in 34mm available in both 4 screw and 6 screw ring cap variants in 4 heights - 1.00", 1.125", 1.375", and 1.50"

For 34mm I'd go with a Spuhr. The new AAD mounds in 30mm look nice (have one on order). but the 34mm they make is too high.

So has anyone run the 34MM Eurooptics mount. I looked at the KAC, but its expensive for what it is. Anyone know who makes Eurooptics? It has a built in bubble and for $180, seems hard to beat. Also looking at the AI Picatinny.

I don't really need QD and would prefer a little more solid platform.

ADM Recon 34mm stays on like a "dedicated" uni-mount with QD capability. Once mounted, it's not going anywhere no matter what you throw at it

Scott,

I appreicate the reconmendation but if Im going QD, its Bobro or nothing. Having owned Arms/Larue/ADM/Bobro mounts in various flavors, Bobro blows them ALL out of the water. I just sold a recon X in 30mm I was not that fond of.

You should really look into selling them. They would pair well with the great optics you sell!

This is the mount I am looking at:
http://www.eurooptic.com/eurooptic-alloy-unimount-34mm-28-moa-14-high-with-bubble-level.aspx

I have a hard time beliveing that EO would put out junk and would not be suprised if these were made by someone like Badger,ect?

What say you? Really work more than twice the cost for a SPUHR?

First I have seen of that one. I went with what I listed so I could move the scope from AR10 to Rem 700. Already had a BO 20 moa base on the Rem.

I just put the same combo together. I went with a Spuhr 1.35"/0 MOA. It was just high enough to clear the BUIS,
but low enough to get a decent cheek-weld.
It's a pretty darn good mount.

*A note for lefties...the Spuhr bubble-level is close to unusable from our shooting position.

For either your 45 degree T1 or your 34mm scope; I am a huge fan of alamo 4 star. It is on my HDMR and unlike most mounts, it has 6 crossbolts through the picatinny rail (larue has 2), is very heavy duty and their prices are not bad. I know you were worried about qd but once I got mine all worries went away. Just my .02.

What is the centerline height over the rail?

edit: n/m 1.5" I think i also might just grab that badger mount, it sits a bit lower.

I'm with Scott on this one. I've run multiple and own 3 different ADM's right now, including a 34mm SL. Never had an issue with keeping zero or repeatability. I've popped them off and back on during matches without a hiccup, just to prove a point before.

It's personal preference like most things. Bobro is absolutely excellent and won't do you wrong. I just started with ADM and never had a reason to change. I own all AMD's and Aadland mounts FTR, but have run others.

Just ordered the Badger 34MM 20MOA 1.3H 1 piece. This one : Ring Mount 34mm 1.30" 20 MOA : One-Piece Scope Mounts | Brownells

I don't see how it wont work. Its badger afterall, can't imagine them making a bad mount. The additonal price of the AAD and SPHUR I just can't justify as it really adds nothing but a level (in a place I dont like) or expensive adapters for the S.

Did you ever get this mount? Seems to be the lowest of the bunch unless you want to pay $450+.
I was looking at Aadland but you have to use a spacer and I can't find any info from anyone using a spacer...

The one thing I do not like about this mount is that I'm not sure it has enough cantilever to it for mounting on an AR. Has me back to considering the JP mount or the ADM mount for the money. Then there's the nightforce mount which is overpriced IMO, but it does get the scope a tad lower than the JP and American Defense, uses better aluminum too, and titanium I guess. I would think 6061 aluminum is fine if using helicoils like the Larue stuff, but I do wonder how well it will hold up for all these mounts that just have aluminum threads?

Bobro in 34mm is over 1.6" centerline, I was going to get it until I found out it is a bit too high.

I know Spuhr is a lot of money, but I will now never buy anything else unless its impossible to buy a Spuhr for that fitment.

The quality, weight and adaptability is superb. I always used to struggle making sure my scopes were mounted 100% level, now with the Spuhr 11 degree wedge, its done for me in seconds. I always used to get them spot on, but not without 20 minutes checking and re-checking.

Even matching the gaps precisely from edge to edge on the mounts, ensuring that one side if not tighter than the other, the Spuhr is made so precisely that the mounts close perfectly over the 34mm S&B.

I have attached the BAdger ACI via the Spuhr mount and it is also perfect too. You can attach T1's etc on top, and other things all over.

My vote goes to Spuhr.

Don't waste your time, Mike. According to the OP, ADM is junk and GDI is overpriced. What he wants is a unicorn mount with the repeatability and durability of a GDI with a Tasco clearance price tag.

Mike is full of shit. He is a vendor trying to push products he sells. Hes been doing since I can remember (atleast 7 years) on here and some other sites.

Anyone who would even have the inclination to put ADM before Bobro, looses all credibility. Its not even a comparison.

Rule #1 when buying shit, Don't make purchase decisions based on the person selling the item. Its a conflict of interest.

Why does someone putting ADM ahead of Bobro lose all credibility? Bobro is top notch, no doubt about it. I've run ADM for the longest time, at the range, in the field and at comps. I've taken multiple ADM's off in the middle of comps and put them back on to prove repeatability of zero.

Making a blanket statement like that is pretty ridiculous man. ADM makes a damn fine product. So does Bobro. But saying one is clearly better than the other is pretty lame IMO.

Why does someone putting ADM ahead of Bobro lose all credibility? Bobro is top notch, no doubt about it. I've run ADM for the longest time, at the range, in the field and at comps. I've taken multiple ADM's off in the middle of comps and put them back on to prove repeatability of zero.

Making a blanket statement like that is pretty ridiculous man. ADM makes a damn fine product. So does Bobro. But saying one is clearly better than the other is pretty lame IMO.

One is clearly better than the other. If you can't determine that on your own, then you have no business recomending products to anyone. No QD mount is true to RTZ. Some are closer than others, but it does not exsist. There are just degrees of how much POI shift is acceptable.

Use the search function. Has been explained dozens of times, and atleast five by me in the last year.

Use the search function. Has been explained dozens of times, and atleast five by me in the last year.

Seeing as how you seem to think you know what's best, how about you indulge all of us here with your profound wisdom. The man above asked a question so either answer it legitimately or continue to dodge the question.

Last edited:
He can't. That's the reality. There are no massive reports of ADM being inferior to Bobro. I've never seen it or heard it here or any other reputable forum. I've not seen it out in the field or at comps either. Sure, some people PREFER Bobro, or Spuhr or Aadland etc, but 99% of those folks aren't going to make a asinine blanket statement that Bobro is "clearly better" than any of the other top tier mount makers. There is no evidence from shooters or mechanical evidence to support that kind of nonsense.

Here's my issue with the Bobro — it has a single lever that's supposed to hold the mount securely and stationary. The ADM has TWO levers which ensure a better hold on the rail to prevent any zero shift; thus the reason I have and will choose the ADM over the Bobro. The ADM Recon I had never failed to retain a minimal poi shift as long as the mount was replaced exactly where it was removed from. You couldn't give me a Bobro mount, much less sell me one.

If you choose to trust a one lever mount over something with two levers, that's fine and dandy, but don't try to sell me on the bullshit that having one lever in the middle will secure the mount better than the mount that uses two, with one being located at each end.

For QD, I will always go with GDI and if it's not available, the ADM is my next choice because they both have more bearing surface and a better securing mechanism than the Bobro. For a once-piece, non-QD mount...Spuhr and NightForce Unimount.

American Defense

adm_recon_x-4.jpg

Bobro

bobro_base-1.jpg

Last edited:
I have a GDI, 2 ADMs and a Badger holding MK6 optics on 4 ARs, while the GDI is the best of the mounts, if I had to do it over again I would go with the ADMs across the board due to a good balance of price and performance.

I know Spuhr is a lot of money, but I will now never buy anything else unless its impossible to buy a Spuhr for that fitment.

The quality, weight and adaptability is superb. I always used to struggle making sure my scopes were mounted 100% level, now with the Spuhr 11 degree wedge, its done for me in seconds. I always used to get them spot on, but not without 20 minutes checking and re-checking.

Even matching the gaps precisely from edge to edge on the mounts, ensuring that one side if not tighter than the other, the Spuhr is made so precisely that the mounts close perfectly over the 34mm S&B.

I have attached the BAdger ACI via the Spuhr mount and it is also perfect too. You can attach T1's etc on top, and other things all over.

My vote goes to Spuhr.
Another vote to Spuhr, at first I thought it was an extreme amount of money to pay for a mount but now I don't think so at all. It is all that I will buy from here out.

I just ordered a AADMOUNT. Not many options for a 35mm tube. Looks to be very nice.

Would have liked a new version without a level since mine are inside my scope.

I'll update when it gets delivered...

That's a good lookin setup you have. How much did the mount set you back?

Thanks KillShot. The mount was just around $270 shipped. Comes with tools,nice instructions, and packaged well. It is spec'd at 1.45" high just as the BO MAX 50's I had previously. But there is actually slightly more clearance between the ocular lens and the rear BUIS. The clearance with the MAX 50 was tight and limited me on how much I could move the scope forward. With the AADMOUNT it is just enough clearance that I can place the scope anywhere I want. May have something to do with the 20moa. I should have measured the bell to see if I have less clearance now. Oh well, not a concern as it fits perfectly. Plenty of room for a T-Pal with space to move too. This mount is perfect for this AR10. Going to switch over my other AR's as well. Jon did mention in my barrage of questions that they do have plans for a non-canted version first and then possibly a non-cantilever version, but they are very busy trying to keep up with current demand that it will be a while before they can do others.

+1 on Spuhr. At first I was very dubious of how they could really be worth 2-3x the $$ of other decent mounts. Then I watched the videos on their site explaining the design philosophy and how they are built. I won't rehash what others have already touted on this thread, but after watching the video I was sold. And I have the mount (4002 for me) to prove it.

I just ordered the 35mm AADMount - putting a Razor on an SR-25. I mocked up the scope on the gun and this seemed to be the best option for me, rings just weren't going to work without putting one on the handguard as the scope has 4in eye relief. I kinda wanted a QD mount but decided I could live with the keeping the tool in the grip approach as I won't be moving the scope around all that regularly. Now on my SPR I have a 30mm Bobro and I really value the QD as I run multiple optics on that rifle.

Just to throw my .02 out there, has anybody besides me used the larue tactical QD mounts? I run them on my 700 and I constantly take my scope on and off during transport and I have had literally 0 shift in poi.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 38
Just to throw my .02 out there, has anybody besides me used the larue tactical QD mounts? I run them on my 700 and I constantly take my scope on and off during transport and I have had literally 0 shift in poi.

Yes sir, at the beginning of this topic there was a little mentioned concerning Larue mounts. Nice rifle!

I choose the Trijicon 34mm flat top mount(bobro) for my AR/Bushnell DMR. Half the price of A true "Bobro"!! $140 from optics planet. The height is 1.65, but the price is a steal

Randall,
What makes the bubble difficult for a lefty? I am a left handed shooter and was thinking about a Spuhr for my bolt action rifles. The AR style rifles have Aadland and ADM.
Thanks,
Brian
I just put the same combo together. I went with a Spuhr 1.35"/0 MOA. It was just high enough to clear the BUIS,
but low enough to get a decent cheek-weld.
It's a pretty darn good mount.

*A note for lefties...the Spuhr bubble-level is close to unusable from our shooting position.