• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Suppressors Which .45 to keep?

Re: Which .45 to keep?

I kept my 1911 while selling about everything else.
it just points, I feel like I could hit things blindfolded.
only thing that ever gave up on it was the front sight flew off at the range, someone told me I was done for the day so I double tapped the gong @100y then he asked where I lived so he could stay away.

p.s. you got to shoot a lot more

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: GRIM</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I'd ditch that HK - or think of it as which one can get spare parts for easily?

</div></div>

The spare parts has a LOT to do with it as well. A magazine for the HK in 12rd size sets me back $65, that is absolutely insane when I can get nice 1911 mags for under $20....

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aces&Eights</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No P220 love? </div></div>

I didn't ask in here if I should buy a P220.... I asked if which pistol I should sell off, a P220 not being one of them.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Nailz</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Aces&Eights</div><div class="ubbcode-body">No P220 love? </div></div>

I didn't ask in here if I should buy a P220.... I asked if which pistol I should sell off, a P220 not being one of them. </div></div>

as afar as legitimate answer goes. I have fired both and previouly owned a usp of the .40 cal variety, loved it but the bottom line is that it WAS replacable. Keep the 1911 or i would bet you will kick yourself later

Apparently I've inadvertently stumbled upon the 1911 forum. Given that...please sell your HK...to me! Clearly it's not a good gun and nobody wants it, so I'll do you the favor of taking it off your hands for a very generous $200.

I like 1911's, but I'm also surprised how one sided this is. Perhaps just because guys like the feel of cold steel in their hands vs polymer. So...which gun would I like to hold = 1911. Which would I trust my life to = HK... In the end you'll be sad about selling either if you're like me, so it's a lose/lose situation and you just have to pick one.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Millsd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">
I like 1911's, but I'm also surprised how one sided this is. Perhaps just because guys like the feel of cold steel in their hands vs polymer. </div></div>

Hi everyone....my name is GRIM and....I'm a Glock-head. Love the gun - trust my life to it. He wasn't asking what gun to end up with otherwise I'd have said ditch them both and get a Glock. Inexpensive mags and lots of them around. There are parts that can be swapped between like Glocks (can't easily do that with a 1911). But the grip & angle of it isn't for everyone.

I have had quite a few 1911 pistols, and a few HK's All I can say is I still have the 1911. Something about them just feels right when I pick them up. I still think getting rid of some of the wifes stuff is a GREAT idea. (but that's probably why I'm single again)

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Millsd</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Apparently I've inadvertently stumbled upon the 1911 forum. Given that...please sell your HK...to me! Clearly it's not a good gun and nobody wants it, so I'll do you the favor of taking it off your hands for a very generous $200.

I like 1911's, but I'm also surprised how one sided this is. Perhaps just because guys like the feel of cold steel in their hands vs polymer. So...which gun would I like to hold = 1911. Which would I trust my life to = HK... In the end you'll be sad about selling either if you're like me, so it's a lose/lose situation and you just have to pick one. </div></div>

Yeah, I will actually say I LOVE the HK as well, it shoots amazing, but I can only keep the one at this point.

As for trusting my life to the HK over the 1911... I am curious as to why I couldn't trust my life with the 1911?

My HK's have given me far less trouble then any of the 1911's ive owned but not sure i could give up any of em.

Sell the HK, then when you want it back get the HK45C. The new series works a bit better. Get it in the LEM trigger the new HK45 mags will fit the HK45C for more rounds. The full size can give you a trigger finger blister after a long training week. The HK45C won't
The new HKs are more slim and tappered on the corners. You can pick up reduced trigger return springs for the HK and give it about a 4 pound trigger pull. You'll like the LEM better than the press on the Glock when all is said. IMHO

I ended up selling the HK at the end of last week on one of the Seattle local area sites since I couldn't do it here yet. It sold in about 2 hours, so there are HK fans galore as well!

It was a REALLY good gun, but at the moment I need the money, hopefully I can pick up another one at some point again.

Good choice dumping the HK. Of all the Hk's I've owned It seems like they
all can drive tacks unlike some of the Springfields I have owned,so I think you will have a better chance of finding another H&K.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RGraff</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I just sold my 1911 to help fund an HK purchase. This is a duty piece so capacity and the ability to mount a light were my motivators. I'll be looking to another, smaller pistol for off duty/ccw scenarios.

That said, those Germans know how to build a fine weapon. Thoroughly impressed with the HK. Mine happens to be a USP 45 tactical too. </div></div>

I started the way you are now. I started with an XD .45 w/ thumb safty, had it sent to springer for trigger, sights and factory cleanup. had light mounted and recently went to my sprinfield 1911 trp, why? I just love the way those 1911's shoot, and its been 100% reliable for 5k + rounds where the XD has only been 98-99% reliable for about 4k rounds.