• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which AGB for Seekins sp10 builders kit / Proof

You tell me. I don't really get into the whole staking and pinning and mil spec and gauging parts thing, so I don't know if these are good enough for the stake-perfection-gang. I just buy one of everything and shoot it till it breaks, then inspect.
View attachment 8187826

OCKS screws. Very nice. Those are the best. Staking looks good as well. Good job RCA.

Reactions: TonyTheTiger
The Seekins select ADJ Gas Block has been solid on my 6.5cm SP10 with the lengthened gas system. No issues running the gun to my suppressors.

@TonyTheTiger - I just put in an order for an RCA Titanium carrier with the adjustable gas key. Now I just need to find a good buffer system to run with it. This is my first lightweight carrier so this should be fun.

Right on, I bet you'll like it.

Any buffer suggestions? The Unrivaled Technologies competition buffer looks really promising.

My goal for this build is to have a rifle that can easily swap between a SHTF duty gun and a semi decent competition gun by simply swapping out the BCG and the buffer.

I’m probably going to end up using a 16” Craddock Signature barrel I’ve got with a .078” gas port. The gas block will be non-adjustable. I’m going to run a Vltor A5 length buffer tube so I can run any buffer setup I want. So the SHTF setup will be a full mass steel carrier with an A5H2 buffer and Springco Green spring.

And the competition setup will obviously run the Titanium carrier with the adjustable gas key. I just need to figure out the lightweight buffer and the best muzzle device, something that can work reasonably well on a duty gun and a competition build. The Precision Armament AFAB might be the best option for that.

Any buffer suggestions? The Unrivaled Technologies competition buffer looks really promising.

My goal for this build is to have a rifle that can easily swap between a SHTF duty gun and a semi decent competition gun by simply swapping out the BCG and the buffer.

I’m probably going to end up using a 16” Craddock Signature barrel I’ve got with a .078” gas port. The gas block will be non-adjustable. I’m going to run a Vltor A5 length buffer tube so I can run any buffer setup I want. So the SHTF setup will be a full mass steel carrier with an A5H2 buffer and Springco Green spring.

And the competition setup will obviously run the Titanium carrier with the adjustable gas key. I just need to figure out the lightweight buffer and the best muzzle device, something that can work reasonably well on a duty gun and a competition build. The Precision Armament AFAB might be the best option for that.
The Unrivaled buffer is pretty sweet. It's kinda weird going from all my gutted and plastic buffered guns to the UT setup. The lightweight conventional buffers all have a resonance to them as they go into battery. I've never had any bolt bounce issues, but the way they feel makes you think there is some rebound. The UT just shuts like a bank vault with no further harmonics. I'd be lying if I said there was a huge performance advantage, but when you're fine tuning things all upgrades are made in small increments.
I bet if you get everything set up and running right and get a few thousand rounds on it you may decide a secondary conventionally weighted system may be redundant. Time will tell I suppose.

If you're having Craddock do the barrel I'd highly recommend an intermediate gas system on a 16". The difference is night and day over a mid, worth at least as much in the recoil reduction department as a low mass system. Put them together and you'll be blown away if this is your first go at a competition type setup. Supremely reliable too, none of the concerns a RLGS 16" has. Well respected guys like @MSTN have great things to say about ILGS and not just in gamer guns.

The AFAB will leave a lot on the table compared to a serious brake. It'll definitely be a compromise. If I were you, and already considering a dual operating setup to swap between match/shtf use, and now going 16" so not pinning anything, I'd consider having two different muzzle devices as well. Maybe get a shtf flash hider that doesn't require specific orientation and something like the APA Answer or PA Hypertap that have a timing nut to make swapping easy.

Reactions: MSTN
The Unrivaled buffer is pretty sweet. It's kinda weird going from all my gutted and plastic buffered guns to the UT setup. The lightweight conventional buffers all have a resonance to them as they go into battery. I've never had any bolt bounce issues, but the way they feel makes you think there is some rebound. The UT just shuts like a bank vault with no further harmonics. I'd be lying if I said there was a huge performance advantage, but when you're fine tuning things all upgrades are made in small increments.
I bet if you get everything set up and running right and get a few thousand rounds on it you may decide a secondary conventionally weighted system may be redundant. Time will tell I suppose.

If you're having Craddock do the barrel I'd highly recommend an intermediate gas system on a 16". The difference is night and day over a mid, worth at least as much in the recoil reduction department as a low mass system. Put them together and you'll be blown away if this is your first go at a competition type setup. Supremely reliable too, none of the concerns a RLGS 16" has. Well respected guys like @MSTN have great things to say about ILGS and not just in gamer guns.

The AFAB will leave a lot on the table compared to a serious brake. It'll definitely be a compromise. If I were you, and already considering a dual operating setup to swap between match/shtf use, and now going 16" so not pinning anything, I'd consider having two different muzzle devices as well. Maybe get a shtf flash hider that doesn't require specific orientation and something like the APA Answer or PA Hypertap that have a timing nut to make swapping easy.

I had not thought about swapping muzzle devices. I guess that is the best way to do it. It looks like Ultradyne also offers brakes and flash hiders with a timing nut.

The Craddock barrel is one of their off the shelf Signature barrels that uses a Bartlein gain twist blank. Unfortunately it’s only available in midlength gas. The barrel was in stock and I didn’t want to wait 10 months and pay an extra $150 for a full custom. But I bought it 9 months ago so maybe I should have just waited. I’ll probably go with an intermediate gas length for a future build.

@TonyTheTiger - Thank you for the info drop. This has been extremely helpful for me.

Last edited:
Reactions: TonyTheTiger