• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes which anti cant device do you use

pitdog85

Private
Minuteman
Apr 10, 2017
not sure if this is this is the right section for this.

Looking at the US optic fixed anti cant level some mixed reviews here on this site about it. Is there anything better than this in this price range or cheaper not looking to spend more than the US optic level as its like $85 US and to ship in to AUS and Au dollars its pretty expensive.

I want to make sure my gun is level when I do a tall target test on my scope to test if the scope is level and tracking straight not crab crawling.

thanks

Accuracy 1st for me, but more so because of our cold weather shooting (ceramic ball vs air bubble). Vortex makes a good low pro level that works just fine. Doesnt need to be ultra accurate, it just needs to help you remind yourself to keep the rifle level. If you have a dealer in Aus for Vortex, Id go the low pro route personally.

just my $0.02

As for tall target testing, use a plum line to ensure you’re level. The bubble level will get you close, but simply hammering in half way a nail to the top of your target, then hanging some high vis string with a steel washer tied to the end will tell you a true verticle line. Thats how I mount my scopes, then attach the bubble level to the scope once you know the optic is installed level.

Accuracy 1st, flatline ops and a Vortex. Setting up the A-1st is the best design to make it an easy process.

For me Accuracy 1st on a S&B 3-20 onto a 260 for comps and a flat line ops on a Leupold 6.5-20 on the TRG 300wm for hunting

I like the Vortex LoPro as I like scope mounted levels. I have had issues with rail mounted not being level due to machining tolerance stacking and being able to make sure it's level with a scope mounted is the way I would go.

95O16JP.jpg

F9OoItx.jpg

v5E3ZXz.jpg

kfMa2Kh.jpg

Accuracy first, a plum line, and the badger dead level now. Got tired of wondering if i was canted. Done with it now.

thanks guys you have given me some great options here to work with.