• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which arca clamp adapter for Harris bipod?

longgunJR

Banhammer
Banned !
Minuteman
Apr 8, 2019
Central Texas
Happy new year all!

Getting an arca rail on my comp rifle soon and seems we got a few arca clamp adapter choices for a Harris bipods.

Whats everyone running and how do you like it? Area419 is the only one I've seen in person and not sure I like the large gold knob, would like something that doesn't protrude much to the side of the rifle, looks like the RRS clamp may have a smaller foot print than the other two options.

Does any one make a version of this with a QD lever release like the ADM picatinny mounts?

Thank you all in advance.

I have the BTC Pro Clamp on my Atlas, basically the same clamp as the HC Pro clamp for Harris, works really good locks up tight & works on arca & picatinny rails, have not used the other two but I'm sure you would be happy with the RRS clamp.

RRS also makes a Harris bipod adapter with the SOAR level release, really solid option. I have the HC Pro clamp for Harris, it's really solid w/ a great lockup, but if I had to do it again, I'd probably get the one with the SOAR release for the quick adjustability w/o the need to unscrew the unit.

I also forgot to mention that the RRS units also gives you the option to use either Picatinny or Arca dovetails without the need for any other adapter; I ended up with the RRS so I can use the same bipod on multiple guns.

Go RRS and don’t look back. If you want a more solid lock up then Area419 ARCA lock system. I never had the RRS slide on my during hard use though.

Reactions: longgunJR
I have the RRS and it works great on both Arca dovetails and Picatinny rails. Very versatile and locks up solid. I have the screw knob clamp and am very pleased with it.
Phil G

I have the RRS clamp on my Harris bipod and will put one on the Atlas which should be coming along shortly. As mentioned, it works with ARCA or pic rails, which is very useful to me. I have the screw clamp as opposed to QR - works fine for me.

I’ve noticed a couple folks saying that the RRS lockup is less prone to slipping than the Area 419. I’m wondering if this recommendation stems from personal experience with both products, or just echoing what others said?

Not calling anyone out or trying to start a pissing contest... just wondering. This is the Internet after all.

I’ve noticed a couple folks saying that the RRS lockup is less prone to slipping than the Area 419. I’m wondering if this recommendation stems from personal experience with both products, or just echoing what others said?

Not calling anyone out or trying to start a pissing contest... just wondering. This is the Internet after all.

Rereading the thread, I dont see anyone saying that. Or you referring to another thread or "general" talk?

If you use the ACRA lock feature of the A419 with their rail then is then best ARCA lock up out there. If you remove the pins from the A419 then I believe is the same as RRS. To me the RRS wins with the versatility by having both ARCA dovetails and Picatinny rails.

Rereading the thread, I dont see anyone saying that. Or you referring to another thread or "general" talk?

If you use the ACRA lock feature of the A419 with their rail then is then best ARCA lock up out there. If you remove the pins from the A419 then I believe is the same as RRS. To me the RRS wins with the versatility by having both ARCA dovetails and Picatinny rails.

That’s what I was thinking too. Couldn’t come up with a reason the RRS was better clamping to a ARCA then a pinless Area419. They are all pretty much the same interface and clamping.

Was wondering if there was a true difference, as I elected away from the RTS due to the unneeded Pic interface.

I have a related question and found this thread so thought maybe I would just add on here. I currently have an Area 419 Arcalock adapter with the pins removed so I can use it with a standard (non-sawtoothed) Arca rail. While it used to stay in place with little force applied to the tightening mechanism, it has recently begun to slide unless I really crank down on it (making it basically impossible to move or dump during a stage). So my question are:

1. Is there a way to fix the 419 adapter so it won't slide?
2. If not, what is the best RRS option and why? (It looks like there are three available - SOAR, compact or full size lever release)

Thanks,
Stephen

Will the RRS clamp fit on the Area 419 rail? I have their rail on 2 of my AR's right now for my bipods but am saving for the RRS tripod?

I have a related question and found this thread so thought maybe I would just add on here. I currently have an Area 419 Arcalock adapter with the pins removed so I can use it with a standard (non-sawtoothed) Arca rail. While it used to stay in place with little force applied to the tightening mechanism, it has recently begun to slide unless I really crank down on it (making it basically impossible to move or dump during a stage). So my question are:

1. Is there a way to fix the 419 adapter so it won't slide?
2. If not, what is the best RRS option and why? (It looks like there are three available - SOAR, compact or full size lever release)

Thanks,
Stephen
Wow, I have a 419 adapter w-o pins and it hasn’t come close to ever slipping.
I may not use it as vigorously as others and maybe it’s a not yet, but I have it on a J Allen rail and it locks up easily and tightly.
Sorry, I’m no help to you.

Also Stephen!

Reactions: ShotgunDiesel
I have the RRS clamp on my Harris bipod and will put one on the Atlas which should be coming along shortly. As mentioned, it works with ARCA or pic rails, which is very useful to me. I have the screw clamp as opposed to QR - works fine for me.
This is great Info. I have the area 419 and it’s freaking awesome for my comp gun. But I would love to have something that I can go arca/pic since I have a couple manners’ that have pic rails only. Thanks for letting me hijack some of the thread lol

Reactions: Baron23
are there different ARCA rails? I was going to et the one for the RPR from Anarchy Outdoors, it says it's made by Sawtooth rifles. Will it still lock up well with the RRS adapter?

Reactions: Ryan.Johnson
are there different ARCA rails? I was going to et the one for the RPR from Anarchy Outdoors, it says it's made by Sawtooth rifles. Will it still lock up well with the RRS adapter?
I believe that a regular Swiss ARCA incl RRS is 1.5” dovetail.

Reactions: CraigG1
I just ordered one for my daughter's rpr rimfire. Once it comes in I will let you know.

I have the Area 419 and the MPA which are both good. MPA has a plastic knob and Area 419 has the metal knob which feels more substantial and better made... recently learned about the RRS and wish I had that one due to the ability to also attach to a pic rail.