• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

which Atlas feet do you prefer????

aggiesig

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2009
Seguin, TX
www.sara-tx.org
I just picked up an used Atlas bipod and AI spigot, and I was wondering if you guys were running for the feet? the regular rubber feet, the ski's or the claws..

There is alot of real soft sand around here I was thinking about going with the claws.

What are your experiences?

Thank you!

Re: which Atlas feet do you prefer????

The standard feet do fine for me. They work well in almost every situation I have put them in... with one exception

I would imagine snow would require the cleats as they offer larger surface area.

For any surfaces that do not really sink much, I would use standard legs.

I have a pair of claws for shooting out of the sand. The standard feet won't cut it in the sand. They will sink and screw up your loading & NPA after every shot.

Second the statements above,

any loose surface they will digg in, I now have a set of claws to try out,

still I have found that I usually need something solid, ie jacket, sack, piece of cardboard or what not to distribute the load,

on snow, a frisbee, white was found to be of good use.

/Chris

I got the cleats. I didn't have a clue on how big they actually were until i got them. Just say they should be big enough....

I like the rubber feet except when on a bench. When I roll into the stock to load the bipod they tend to roll. Easily fixed with a sandback in front or clamping a stop in front.

I now use the cleats on the bench. Not much opportunity for shooting in the snow here... so couldn't help you there!