• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Atlas feet.

LongRange888

Private
Supporter
Minuteman
  • Dec 6, 2017
    New York
    Looking for opinions of the different atlas bipod feet and what you suggest. prone target and prs use.

I had spikes on my Harris. Big improvement over the supplied feet that ALWAYS slid. When I changed out to Atlas, I found the soft rubber non rotating feet fit all my requirements. Will I ever find a circumstance I need something different? Who knows but I am totally happy now.

Reactions: LongRange888
    I have only a couple of range bench sessions with the Scal + ski feet (they’re ginormous!). I am not a bipod expert and am only going to use them on the bench. I bought the ski feet to be able to shoot (almost wrote “engage”, jesus) prairie dogs in quick succession.

I haven’t shot the Scal much with the rubber feet. The ski feet slide easily on carpet-covered range benches, and sometimes “stutter-slide” a little when quickly slid over 4+ inches to get into position. I don’t think the stutter thing is affecting shooting, it’s just a gross movement thing.

Edit: just reread the OP post. My answer has nothing to do with his situation, sorry. Consider it background info, I guess.

Last edited:
    I carry a set of Hawk Hill talons with me for shooting off wood, dirt, tires and such but for the most part the standard atlas rubber feet are more versatile.

I have the standard rubber feet which satisfy 90 percent of my shooting off of the bench.

When I get the pleasure of going prone I put on the round disks with the spikes and they work great on softer/natural materials - grass, sand, etc.

I keep the Hawk Hill Talons on, but always have the rubber feet in my pack as well. PRS use I find I use the talons 100%, wood, concrete, & turf. The last time I used the rubber feet was at the GTI team match where most of the surfaces we shot off of were also metal... grating, diamond plate, handrails, etc. We were also slung up in our guns most of the day, and I did not care to puncture my scrotum.

However I make sure to put the rubber feet on when I have the rifle up on my bench at home.

I have only a couple of range bench sessions with the Scal + ski feet (they’re ginormous!). I am not a bipod expert and am only going to use them on the bench. I bought the ski feet to be able to shoot (almost wrote “engage”, jesus) prairie dogs in quick succession.

I haven’t shot the Scal much with the rubber feet. The ski feet slide easily on carpet-covered range benches, and sometimes “stutter-slide” a little when quickly slid over 4+ inches to get into position. I don’t think the stutter thing is affecting shooting, it’s just a gross movement thing.

Edit: just reread the OP post. My answer has nothing to do with his situation, sorry. Consider it background info, I guess.
    Still appreciate the post how do you like the scal?

Still appreciate the post how do you like the scal?
    Well, since I posted the original post today (and I didn't go to the range today), my opinion is the same ;).

I'm interested in bipods only because they're lighter than sandbags or benchrest front rests. I've had good luck with a Harris that I was given + rimfire calibers. For centerfire, it's a work in progress. It'd be a lot easier to figure out if I didn't want to be able to pan the bipod to find new targets. The most stable/accurate bipod that would seem to fit the bill in that regard is the Elite Iron panning model.

Riflesticks grappler feet and qd adapters. The extensions come in hand too.

I have the spike and talon feet for my Atlas but use the standard rubber feet 99% of the time.

Rubber feet...because all my time has been spent dry firing off my living room floor lately... :(

Reactions: BCX
    I just ordered the HH Talons. Not a huge fan of the Atlas cleated feet. They can roll a bit if you load a bit heavy into the bipod and do not provide full ground support. They do stick well though in grass, not so much on any other thing.

Will probably put them on the PX as soon as the HH Talons are installed.