• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Range Report Which Ballistics program for New IPAD is the Best

pc3

Sergeant
Minuteman
May 26, 2008
Australia
Folks,

which is the best ballistics program for a new IPAD ? From my search on here the one form Knight Armament "Bullet Flight" seems to get a good wrap. Any other I should consider or is better ? Looking for an IPAD compatible app.

Re: Which Ballistics program for New IPAD is the Best

I prefer Shooter.

Ballistic AE and Shooter are both great.

I have knights and shooter, both are are good and easy to use, shooter has a lot more things to use though and is cheaper..,both always give me the same dope though

The shooter one sounds good, is there a code etc. so you can find it easy on I-Tunes ?

If you can afford a new ipad, you can afford both programs :)!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: K2Ballistics</div><div class="ubbcode-body">If you can afford a new ipad, you can afford both programs :)!</div></div>

Actually Its work supplied................means more work for me !! but I figure I may as well have some "private useage" from it as well !!

I just went through this process and I started with shooter. Big Lots has Android hand helds for $59 and $79 for a 7" tablet. Both run shooter with out any problems. I wanted something just dedicated to my range bag and ready to go.

Just to add I currrntly use exbal (Nightforce) and find it has been good. Would be happy if the program on the IPAD was similar to this.

Exbal is kind of an old interface but they are all pretty much the same.

I have Shooter on my droid. But nothing I have found has compared to Field Firing Solutions on a pda. Shooter has given good dope up to 1000yd, but beyond that it isn't accurate. I tested both head to head out to 1900yd, & Shooter was off by over 2 moa out there.

Thanks folks purchased shooter.

I have shooter, ballistic AE and bullet flight(got it when it first came out for cheap).

All have been great but I mostly use shooter. Very easy to use. Have it in both apple and droid products.

Couldn't reccomend Ballistic AE more strongly. Excellent customer service replies to both emails, or PM AshesToAshes.

AE put me on target first time I shot 1000 yards. Shooter is great as well. But I prefer AE. IMHO the windage readings are a little out of whack so I just use it for vertical dope and my brain (or lack thereof) for reading wind

I have both ballistic AE and Shooter, and would pick Shooter because it has been more accurate for me. In addition you can adjust for powder temperature variations and true your velocity from actually DOPE.

Ballistic AE has it all. And MV truing is made in more elegant way than Shooter.

one that I have not seen mentioned was "bullet flight" I have it on an itouch and it works very well
Bill

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks folks purchased shooter. </div></div>

Where did you find it?
I received an iPad for Christmas and I can't find Shooter in the iPad apps.
I have it on my Droid phone.
Link if you've got one, please.
Thanks.

i have ballistic AE and shooter, perfer shooter.

I have been using Ballistic AE for a few years now on my Iphone, I found it worked great on my iPad as well, but bought the iPad version Ballistic mainly to support continued development. It has a few features that Ballistic AE does not mostly dealing with display and formatting that take advantage of the iPads increased screen size. I also have Shooter, but rarely use it. It's a nice app but Ballistic is a more polished app with more features.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John in WYO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks folks purchased shooter. </div></div>

Where did you find it?
Thanks. </div></div>

I had shooter for my ipod before I purchased the ipad. The same app has worked for both and automatically synced from itunes.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: John in WYO</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: pc3</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Thanks folks purchased shooter. </div></div>

Where did you find it?
Thanks.</div></div>

If you haven't found it yet John try this link.

https://itunes.apple.com/us/app/shooter-ballistics-calculator/id478462401?mt=8

I like Strelok, cause of the nightforce

Shooter has been dead on for all my rifles. If you give it the right info, it gives you the right solution.

only 2 i would use... shooter or ballistic AE
both just as accurate, AE has more "toys" in it...

Bullet Flight is LAST on my list... can be just as accurate. but features BLOW for the $$$

I used Ballistic AE for the longest time but now I use shooter. They start to clutter the crap out of the apps that have been around for a while.

Ever since the update where AE changed the mils from ex. (1.1 mils to 11 clicks, or 2 mils to 20 clicks). I couldnt use it anymore. I tried emailing the guy but he didnt understand what I was saying. He said, just change it to 1/10.

I have Strelok, Ballistic AE, and Shooter. I find Shooter to be the easiest for me to use.

I use ballistic AE and BulletFlight Advanced, im really liking the Bulletflight one