• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Rifle Scopes Which Bushnell

DarinC

Private
Minuteman
Jan 7, 2018
Looking hard into optics for my upcoming Bergara HMR in creedmoor. Currently running a gen 1 DMR with G2 reticle on my WOA ar. Budget is tight, would like to stay under 1300, but willing to save if need be. Looking at the following options:
Another gen 1 DMR- this saves enough cash to invest in a magneto and chargemaster, all while keeping consistent with my AR
Gen2 DMR
The newly announced DMR pro -pending price
ERS -used
Or one of the xrs’s depending on what kind of deal I can find used.

Unless there’s something else I need to seriously consid r like an f1 SHV or gen 2PST?

Rifle is going to mainly be a range toy, banging steel to around 1200, with some deer and coyote hunting thrown in. Maybe a comp once a year or so, but that’s the exception, not regular use. I unfortunately don’t get to shoot as much as I’d like, so I don’t need an S&B or ATACR as much as I’d love one. Just want something that I won’t feel completely hindered by, like my old duplex redfield on my current deer rifle. And as with anything, I can always upgrade later. Thanks a ton everybody

Nothing wrong at all. I’d add them in the mix, but rarely see them used and like the mag range of the others a bit more is all. And if I’m going to make my way to 1500, I could wait a while longer and pick up a used gen2 Razor for a bit more

Saw that one and am pondering really hard on it. Thanks!

The LRTS has better glass and is lighter than the DMR II, granted the DMR II has a better magnification range. I've had both the aforementioned scopes and like them both. I also have a Vortex PST II 5-25x50 and to be honest, to my eyes it is every bit the match to the DMR II optically and in some cases slightly better. You might think the DMR II has a definite advantage at the low end; however, take a look at the specs, the DMR II has a FOV of 25.3' at 3.5x while the PST II has a FOV of 24.1' at 5x, that is just over 1' which isn't huge. My thought is this, if you absolutely want a short scope then the DMR II is the way to go, but if length doesn't matter then save yourself a few hundred and look at the PST II 5-25, it is pretty impressive for it's price point.

Reactions: 5RWill and DarinC
Saw that one and am pondering really hard on it. Thanks!

What makes the ERS a good deal is the zero stop. Not many scopes at that price offer that. It’s not the best but it certainly isn’t the worse. You could probably get it for 1k if u r a shrewd negotiator

Reactions: DarinC
Owning dmr, ers and lrhs...the LRHS is the better scope. The only exception would be elr where the xrs is a better choice due to magnification.

Thanks for the input. And good to know on the fov of the pst, I hadn’t looked at that spec

Pst is a dog compared to the ET bushies...not in the same league. I wouldn't even consider them.

Pst is a dog compared to the ET bushies...not in the same league. I wouldn't even consider them.
I would say yes for the original PST, but no for the PST II. Spent quite a bit of time with both my DMR II and PST II and thought at first the DMR II was better until I tweaked the diopter a bit more on the PST II and was able to get slightly better IQ with it.

If your set on the Bushnells, I would recommend calling the Bushnell factory outlet stores. I was shopping for an ERS or DMRii and called them to see what they had. I ended up buying a factory NIB ERS and an LRST-I for a smoking deal through them.

Never heard
If your set on the Bushnells, I would recommend calling the Bushnell factory outlet stores. I was shopping for an ERS or DMRii and called them to see what they had. I ended up buying a factory NIB ERS and an LRST-I for a smoking deal through them.

Never heard of one of these. I’m sure google will help. Thanks!

No, the LRHSi is the illuminated reticle. The H series have capped windage turrets and the horseshoe reticle. LRTSi is a different reticle without the ring and an uncapped but locking windage turret.

OK, but there isn't a horse shoe reticle in the LRHS. Its the G2H.

Whatever term you want to use for that big circle in the middle is fine with me if horsehoe wasn’t good enough. But it’s the windage turrets that are the differences in the scope body otherwise since there’s an illuminated version of each line.
9D5C27CE-5971-49B3-AAF1-22793A536273.gif

I never saw a circle horse shoe, but the term may be correct pertaining to reticles. When i hear the term I think of Trijicons horseshoe reticle.

Reactions: spife7980