• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which cal for new build

Matt_3479

Sergeant
Minuteman
Oct 12, 2009
Hey fellas,

I stumbled across a deal on a Curtis vector that I couldn’t pass up! I currently have a 260. Rem and a 6mm creed. It’s a 308 bolt face and can’t decide what to do with this one.

this rifles intended purpose will most likely be target as I can’t Hunt any big game with a rifle in my area so it’s limited to coyotes or target. I currently shoot a mid weight 20 tac for coyotes, and 6mm creed for the longer set ups.

was thinking maybe 25 creed but open for opinions. Shoots will be out too 1100 but no further

Reactions: andre_saint
Have you thought of a 22 creed? It's in between your 20 Tac and 6creed and will out-shine the 6mm Creed if you shoot the 88-95 gr bullets. I have a 21" 22 creed that's set up for suppressed coyote hunting and it flings the 88gr eldm around 3300 with RL 26

Have you thought of a 22 creed? It's in between your 20 Tac and 6creed and will out-shine the 6mm Creed if you shoot the 88-95 gr bullets. I have a 21" 22 creed that's set up for suppressed coyote hunting and it flings the 88gr eldm around 3300 with RL 26

I have actually, was thinking it’s between those two. 25 creed with the 131 at 2950 ish or the 22 creed with the 80’s+

Maybe you should build both? Is your vector set up as a switch barrel with the set screws?

Maybe you should build both? Is your vector set up as a switch barrel with the set screws?

it is, just got home from picking it up!! What a beautiful action! Buttery smooth and build like a tank

C9D456EC-402D-4D88-B772-E7460C55EAA6.jpeg

Hey fellas,

I stumbled across a deal on a Curtis vector that I couldn’t pass up! I currently have a 260. Rem and a 6mm creed. It’s a 308 bolt face and can’t decide what to do with this one.

this rifles intended purpose will most likely be target as I can’t Hunt any big game with a rifle in my area so it’s limited to coyotes or target. I currently shoot a mid weight 20 tac for coyotes, and 6mm creed for the longer set ups.

was thinking maybe 25 creed but open for opinions. Shoots will be out too 1100 but no further

So what did you end up building? Curious bc I’m in the same boat? Just picked up a new Vector.

So what did you end up building? Curious bc I’m in the same boat? Just picked up a new Vector.
Following. Interested in the 22 creed

So fingers crossed but should be complete in 2 weeks. I sold Curtis and bought a terminus Zeus instead, have a 26” 1:7 twist medium Palma 25 creed bbl on the way, trigger tech diamond, heathen brake, mpa ba chassis and alpha 25 creed brass. So just waiting on bbl to arrive and the terminus and both should land in 2 weeks as long as things run smoothly with this virus slowing things down will post pics when complete. All other parts minus new action and barrel are in hand

kind of thinking of spinning up a 22 creed for this as well or my Kelbly atlas tac

So fingers crossed but should be complete in 2 weeks. I sold Curtis and bought a terminus Zeus instead, have a 26” 1:7 twist medium Palma 25 creed bbl on the way, trigger tech diamond, heathen brake, mpa ba chassis and alpha 25 creed brass. So just waiting on bbl to arrive and the terminus and both should land in 2 weeks as long as things run smoothly with this virus slowing things down will post pics when complete. All other parts minus new action and barrel are in hand

kind of thinking of spinning up a 22 creed for this as well or my Kelbly atlas tac
Did you have any issues with the Curtis or just liked the upgraded Zeus action?

Did you have any issues with the Curtis or just liked the upgraded Zeus action?

I never fired it as I didn’t have barrel but I cycled it probably 300-500 times with 3 different mags with 3 different calibers not that it matters. Absolutely loved it! It ran so smooth, so fast. It picked up rounds so cleanly I actually had to double check it wasn’t going right over top of the rounds! It was sitting in the mpa chassis and my 5 round ai mag was almost too short but was just getting there. The arc mag needed some adjustment on the chassis mag stop as upward pressure on the mag would jam the bolt but sitting loosely in the chassis it feed flawlessly, something to consider.

I have admired Joel’s work and followed his work with Curtis from the beginning. Joel actually walked me through building my own stock when I was in high school. He took time out of his day to call me multiple times and walk me through it! His customer service is second to none. I bought the Curtis vector cause the deal was too good to be true but I really did want the Zeus. Last minute it was eating me up too much not to go with the Zeus so I had to switch. I’m sure there’s no wrong choice here and was extremely pleased with the way the vector felt but had to go with my gut. Didn’t want to always be wondering what if, or why not and be unsatisfied with my build.

I was in the same boat. It's more a mental comfort having his latest work. Either way u cant go wrong. I never had issues with my vector.

Reactions: Matt_3479
Well they finally showed up yesterday!!

terminus Zeus short action
Ks medium Palma 26” 25 creedmoor barrel 1:7 twist
Mpa comp chassis
Trigger tech diamond trigger
Heathen brake
Currently has an atlas but and mdt ckye pod is on its way
5092796C-7E94-4E70-89C9-E21C6B954019.jpeg

CAD64AEC-45F6-47A4-BDB3-728A3F67EF5A.jpeg

8E8523D3-BE17-4E84-B3EB-06164BF5FCEC.jpeg

Nice combo sir.

It seems the 25 caliber is making a comeback again. Kind of halfway between the 6 mm and 6.5 mm options: Goldilocks territory. Not too hot (so not eating barrels) and not so much recoil to tire you out. Good balance of all competing design objectives.

Are you planning to shoot the Blackjack 25 caliber bullets? Presume you can keep it supersonic out well beyond 1,200 yards. The only thing that held back the 25 cal in the past was limiter bullet selection and the inadequate twist rate of factory rifles. That appears to be changing now.

Let us know how it shoots.

Hey fellas,

7mm-08AI
7mm SAW
7SS/SST

Thanks everyone!

Nice combo sir.

It seems the 25 caliber is making a comeback again. Kind of halfway between the 6 mm and 6.5 mm options: Goldilocks territory. Not too hot (so not eating barrels) and not so much recoil to tire you out. Good balance of all competing design objectives.

Are you planning to shoot the Blackjack 25 caliber bullets? Presume you can keep it supersonic out well beyond 1,200 yards. The only thing that held back the 25 cal in the past was limiter bullet selection and the inadequate twist rate of factory rifles. That appears to be changing now.

Let us know how it shoots.

I have 500 blackjacks sitting there waiting to be fed! Have 100 75gr vmax loaded for fireforming to chamber and barrel break in then I’ll start load development!

Was going to tell you to turn it into a pen holder for your desk, but then I read you got rid of the Curtis.

Good job, enjoy the rifle!

Reactions: Matt_3479
I don’t need another caliber to load for, but if I were to go down that road...again...
it would probably be for the 25 creed Or 25 SAW. Let us know how she shoots.

I don’t need another caliber to load for, but if I were to go down that road...again...
it would probably be for the 25 creed Or 25 SAW. Let us know how she shoots.

will do! Will probably be a couple weeks before I’m able to get out and test her