• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which caliber is better

I’m not complaining at all. Just trying to explain why that system is used. I won’t shoot that match so my rank is irrelevant. Supposedly, the shooters below 150 are supposed to be spotters that teamed up with higher ranked shooters, so they get to shoot also. However, lots of rumors running around that in order to fill the match, they let in lower ranked shooters because no enough of the higher ranked ones wanted to shoot there

I wouldnt call that a rumor, thats truth. None of the AB guys came, none of the Sterling guys came, that would of changed the whole event dramatically.

Well, not really though. Charlie Crouchman is ranked 156, Derek Vaughn 182, Tyson Dube 224 and they all shot king. Hell youre ranked #100, so whats your complaint again?
First of all the ignorant ranking system that makes absolutely no sense is a System created for the purpose of application for the ko2m the public was told directly in writing that do not apply unless you are a 150 or lower as you will not get in and there will be no walk-ins. So bragging rights who gives a shit just would like to see some consistency from what they say to what they do . would like to know that if I send in an application whether or not I will be accepted.

Reactions: coldboreAU
First of all the ignorant ranking system that makes absolutely no sense is a System created for the purpose of application for the ko2m the public was told directly in writing that do not apply unless you are a 150 or lower as you will not get in and there will be no walk-ins. So bragging rights who gives a shit just would like to see some consistency from what they say to what they do . would like to know that if I send in an application whether or not I will be accepted.
Have you shot ELR competitions at all? Are you ranked at all?

Well, not really though. Charlie Crouchman is ranked 156, Derek Vaughn 182, Tyson Dube 224 and they all shot king. Hell youre ranked #100, so whats your complaint again?
Charlie made the cut during registration. Derek and Tyson helped with stuff downrange so we gave them a pass on entry. We ended up with seven people downrange helping with target set up, take down, repainting and camera logistics. Match ran smoothly because of those people.

Shooting order makes almost no difference in score. Almost to a stunning extent. Here is shooting order vs score:
order vs score.jpg

Conditions were usually better around 10 or 11 than first thing. Certainly shooting early in the finals was not good as far as conditions.

I have no records of him ever going to a match. I am missing a few records from matches in which the results were not retained by the MD though.

-Alex

I shoot ELR and have shot against people who are ranked and I have scored better at out SWE ULR match. Yet I am unranked cause they won't take our score's. I guess cause we don't have cameras on the targets. I work a lot and don't have the time to travel to 2 or 3 qualifying matches to get into the K2m.

Where is this ranking system and how does one get ranked? What if I am from out of Country (Canada)
It's on my bucket list to shoot Ko2M USA. maybe have to start doing some smaller matches to get ranked.

I shoot ELR and have shot against people who are ranked and I have scored better at out SWE ULR match. Yet I am unranked cause they won't take our score's. I guess cause we don't have cameras on the targets. I work a lot and don't have the time to travel to 2 or 3 qualifying matches to get into the K2m.
Oscar wouldn’t give me scores in the early years but the truth is that the format is pretty incomparable vs every other match in the country. Even with scores now public, I can’t convert those results into something slightly compatible. We do have matches starting up in NorCal next year. If you know anyone in socal or Nevada that wants to run one, I’m always happy to help people get one going.

Where is this ranking system and how does one get ranked? What if I am from out of Country (Canada)
It's on my bucket list to shoot Ko2M USA. maybe have to start doing some smaller matches to get ranked.
The ranking is posted here, FB and ELRUSA for now. There is a Ko2M in Canada but with the energy restriction it is more or less a Ko1M and Ko1M in TX may be a better fit since you would be on even footing with the other shooters. For international shooters though, we cut a lot of slack for entry into Ko2M.

-Alex

The ranking is posted here, FB and ELRUSA for now. There is a Ko2M in Canada but with the energy restriction it is more or less a Ko1M and Ko1M in TX may be a better fit since you would be on even footing with the other shooters. For international shooters though, we cut a lot of slack for entry into Ko2M.

-Alex
I shot Ko2M Canada this year. Not sure if they submit the records? doesn't look like they did last year, If they do I would be in those rankings, not above 150 but one more match and shouldn't be a problem. I guess just keep plugging away and when I have my poop in a group to make it down there I will.

Yes been shooting elr for 20 plus years. have been to one official elr match took 4th place and i am ranked on ko2m form just below the 150 spot

Last edited:
Charlie made the cut during registration. Derek and Tyson helped with stuff downrange so we gave them a pass on entry. We ended up with seven people downrange helping with target set up, take down, repainting and camera logistics. Match ran smoothly because of those people.

Shooting order makes almost no difference in score. Almost to a stunning extent. Here is shooting order vs score:
View attachment 7966248
Conditions were usually better around 10 or 11 than first thing. Certainly shooting early in the finals was not good as far as conditions.

I have no records of him ever going to a match. I am missing a few records from matches in which the results were not retained by the MD though.

-Alex
Alex i took 4th place at stanley and kasey jones match this year best of the west match

We have told people for years that we didn’t want King to be their first match. It is more forgiving now with hit to move in the preliminaries but a lot of new shooters are probably going to be out of it after 13 shots. With matches around the country now, it isn’t hard to hit one and cut your teeth in a more forgiving environment. If we open it up next year I expect to see a lot of people on the first day zero out. Not fun for them but it is their choice.

-Alex
I don’t think any of you people realize how capable I am at zeroing out almost any stage no matter how you design the course of Fire!

• Haha
Reactions: Taylorbok
Just , below150. Your stupid ass ranking prooves nothing about ones ability to do well at a elr match in general. Consider this most of the pervious winners of the k02m had little to no experance shooting elr distances much less a match

Just , below150. Your stupid ass ranking prooves nothing about ones ability to do well at a elr match in general. Consider this most of the pervious winners of the k02m had little to no experance shooting elr distances much less a match
First, if you would like to suggest a model that is better, I'm thrilled to try it. Always looking for a better predictive model.

4th at a match is cool but 4th out of 12 in which half the shooters are trying elr for the first time is not exactly bragging rights. 378 rank is pretty bottom of the pack and saying that is just under 150... Not a bad showing for a first time out though. go to some more matches and you will learn a lot.

-Alex

You should go to a spearpoint match and see what happens

They put on a good match!
Perhaps, I'll probably never shoot at spearpoint. What would be interesting is to find out how these windy flatland Shooters do in the windy mountainous Terrain of my area. Western part of the United States it's a complete different game.

Reactions: stefan73
Perhaps, I'll probably never shoot at spearpoint. What would be interesting is to find out how these windy flatland Shooters do in the windy mountainous Terrain of my area. Western part of the United States it's a complete different game.
It's not totally flat there. Kansas "hilly" I would call it. The Wirths' put on a good match and the wind is challenging.

Reactions: Geno C.
i personally dont shoot ELR...shit i dont have time to shoot in general lately lol

but the last match i paid attention to didnt "weight" first round hits higher than a 2nd round hit

to me thats BS, but it might have been that particular match

if shooter A is 2-5 all the way out with first round hits, and shooter B is 3-5 with 2 first round misses

there is no way person 2 should score higher and win

i personally dont shoot ELR...shit i dont have time to shoot in general lately lol

but the last match i paid attention to didnt "weight" first round hits higher than a 2nd round hit

to me thats BS, but it might have been that particular match

if shooter A is 2-5 all the way out with first round hits, and shooter B is 3-5 with 2 first round misses

there is no way person 2 should score higher and win
All of the current scoring systems have flaws. There should be a early impacts consistency and distance but there should be no reward allowing you to win a match off of a few lucky hits. Multipliers are the problems. A mandatory five shots per Target with a mandatory must hit to advance with a maximum amount of rounds is the way to keep someone from winning on the last one or two Targets with luck. If you run out of ammo from the must-hit to advance you won't get to shoot the furthest targets

The Flatlanders probably say the same thingabout the East Coast Moluntainers who usually dont have 2,000 to 4,000 yards to shootand say DAMN Thats a Long Ways out there.We are usually shooting Down Hill...LOL

Reactions: badassgunworks
I
Which caliber would be better for shooting over 3.5 miles accurately. The .338 LM or the .416 Barrett. I'm asking this because I am going to attempt to break the world's longest shot. And it was 3.4 miles I am doing it at 4 miles. I will be in the Nevada desert. And for the most part flat or level ground.
1670533959949.jpeg

I’d go with the 17-50bmg 8000 FPS vary flat shooting

All of the current scoring systems have flaws. There should be a early impacts consistency and distance but there should be no reward allowing you to win a match off of a few lucky hits. Multipliers are the problems. A mandatory five shots per Target with a mandatory must hit to advance with a maximum amount of rounds is the way to keep someone from winning on the last one or two Targets with luck. If you run out of ammo from the must-hit to advance you won't get to shoot the furthest targets
My cousin ran someELRmatches in Utah for some time..He tried that very systemyou are talking about.You want to know how long it lasted? About 5 months.
I will tell you why it failed befor he changed the system...People dont want to and WONT pay $150.00 (That was the entry fee back then.) to shoot in a match they drove a ways to participate in and only get to shoot 1 Shot. It was hit to proceed.
Tgere were a few guys that stayed.It slowly dwindled down to 2 guys plus him.. by the 5th month it not worth his time.No one had fun and he made no profit.
SWhen he chanded to youhave to hit atleast once to get credit for the next farther targret.You had to hit to proceed to keep going to get points.The points stopped when you failed toi hit a target..Everyone got to shot 3 shots or if it was a5shot match everyone got to shoot 5 shots at each target..
People just like to shoot a far away thing and get to shoot a lot of rounds to be happy and feel like they got their moneys worth..Me Included.Im no different.I like to shoot and have fun and see how good I can be .Im shooting against myself mostly.I do like to see how I stack up aginst the real good shooters too.

My cousin ran someELRmatches in Utah for some time..He tried that very systemyou are talking about.You want to know how long it lasted? About 5 months.
I will tell you why it failed befor he changed the system...People dont want to and WONT pay $150.00 (That was the entry fee back then.) to shoot in a match they drove a ways to participate in and only get to shoot 1 Shot. It was hit to proceed.
Tgere were a few guys that stayed.It slowly dwindled down to 2 guys plus him.. by the 5th month it not worth his time.No one had fun and he made no profit.
SWhen he chanded to youhave to hit atleast once to get credit for the next farther targret.You had to hit to proceed to keep going to get points.The points stopped when you failed toi hit a target..Everyone got to shot 3 shots or if it was a5shot match everyone got to shoot 5 shots at each target..
People just like to shoot a far away thing and get to shoot a lot of rounds to be happy and feel like they got their moneys worth..Me Included.Im no different.I like to shoot and have fun and see how good I can be .Im shooting against myself mostly.I do like to see how I stack up aginst the real good shooters too.
You fail to understand its Must hit to advance if it takes you 5 or 10 or 15 shots on one target. must hit to advance you dont deserve to advance and get lucky on a farther target to get some insane multiplier to win if your not capable of hitting closer targets .

You fail to understand its Must hit to advance if it takes you 5 or 10 or 15 shots on one target. must hit to advance you dont deserve to advance and get lucky on a farther target to get some insane multiplier to win if your not capable of hitting closer targets .
no competitions allows you 10 or 15 shots to advance .Ive never seen or heardof it.You coukld be there all day waiting on one shooter with a big box of ammo.

no competitions allows you 10 or 15 shots to advance .Ive never seen or heardof it.You coukld be there all day waiting on one shooter with a big box of ammo.
No there is a max limit. if there is 8 targets allowance of 40 rounds for match. minimum of 5 per target 8x5 =40 match is must shoot 5 per target cant advance till you shoot 5 must hit to advance even of it takes 10 or 15 shots if target number 3 took you 6 shots to hit and advance and target number 4 took you 9 shots to hit you wont be able to engage the last target of the day cause your out of ammo. You are correct i dont know of any current match run this way its just an example of what could be done. Any time wasted early in the day due to this rule will save time later in the match cause those people wont be shooting any longer.

I would say .270; flat-shooting, easier to hit with at longer ranges, 150 grain projectiles will take up to elk pretty regularly, yet smaller weight bullets for pests and such.

No there is a max limit. if there is 8 targets allowance of 40 rounds for match. minimum of 5 per target 8x5 =40 match is must shoot 5 per target cant advance till you shoot 5 must hit to advance even of it takes 10 or 15 shots if target number 3 took you 6 shots to hit and advance and target number 4 took you 9 shots to hit you wont be able to engage the last target of the day cause your out of ammo. You are correct i dont know of any current match run this way its just an example of what could be done. Any time wasted early in the day due to this rule will save time later in the match cause those people wont be shooting any longer.
Thats not a NEW wayto shoot a match....That is how we shot at THE CASTLE in Mingus TX at the King of One Mile Finals.. I thought you had a new concept.Not what are already doing.

Reactions: badassgunworks
Thats not a NEW wayto shoot a match....That is how we shot at THE CASTLE in Mingus TX at the King of One Mile Finals.. I thought you had a new concept.Not what are already doing.
with no multipliers 1st target 5,4,3,2 1 2nd target 10,9,8,7,6 3rd target 15,14 13,12,11 4th target 20,19,18,17,16 and so on simple addition no multiplier