• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Chassis for CZ 455 16" Tacticool? KRG/XLR, MPA, MDT, McRees?

SMTGWKD

Private
Minuteman
Mar 3, 2017
I absolutely love my CZ455! Prints sub -moa groups at 100 yards with my daughter pulling the trigger. However, the ergos are a bit of for me with the boyds stock and torturing the baseplate is tricky due to the flimsy metal.

I've read quite a bit about each setup but haven't seen any direct comparisons/ recommendations. Although I've read some annoying things about screw fitment on the masterpiece arms.

Thanks for input!

Last edited:
Also may want to consider PDC Custom gen 4 comp. CZ inlet not added to drop down box on website yet, but is available

I love XLR but they don't offer the Element for the 455 inlet, so I went with the MPA and saved some money. I had to fiddle to make the barrel clear the forend, but once I did, I love it! Accurate, light, and comfortable.

photo77536.jpg This is a 40x but the MPA is a fantastic chassis.

My vote is for the XLR chassis (note I haven't handled one) because you could set it up fairly quickly for you and your daughter. I have been eyeballing that chassis or the MDtac chassis because I have small kids and wife that want to shoot and these two stocks seems to allow the largest and quickest adjustments between shooters (a la ar15 adjustable buttstock).

Having said that, if you are looking at just a stock for yourself I would consider the MPA or the KRG

Thought I'd give birth to this thread as:

1. I haven't gotten around to finishing this project and just got the bug again.

2. There are new offerings vs available from mDT and others.

Which chassis would you recommend d today and why?

Thanks!

In the CZ, I’ve had factory wood, KRG XRay, several Boyd’s Tacticool style including one bedded, and the MPA. The only one I Realy regretted selling was the MPA. The bedded Tacticool style was close, but I still preferred the MPA adjustments. The easiest one to sell was the KRG. I was not a fan of it, as it felt cheap and I felt like the rifle shot worse in it than my other chassis.
I have also tried out the MPA and an XLR on my Vudoo, and the MPA wins there too, but the XLR was definitely a nice quality. I just preferred the MPA adjustments again.

Reactions: beansandrice
I just picked up a KRG CZ-Bravo chassis and it feels great, very solid. I haven't shot the rifle yet and I won't be able to get it out to the range until this coming week.

My only gripe is that the forearm lacks some of the attachment options of their centerfire Remington 700 and Tikka pattern chassis (no Spigot, M-lok, etc). I'm hoping it will make a solid trainer for my centerfire KRG stocked rifle.

I just saw on a RFC thread that the Rigid Alloy chassis will have either an open top or full barrel-covering handguard available, all M-Lok. It also has the mag release built into the front of the trigger guard. Based on what I've seen so far, I'm leaning heavily towards this one vs. the KRG.

Reactions: MDrimfirerookie