• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Chronograph???

Coyote777

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Nov 18, 2022
Texas
Labradar, Andiscan, Magnetospeed or Bullet seeker? This will be used for some center fire but mainly rimfire. I was looking at the Labradar but after researching seems it might be the most finicky with rimfire? TIA

I use the MK Machining Gen III Magnetospeed Mount (With 12" Rod).
CZ With Lilja barrel 3.jpg

Reactions: Coyote777
Which mount do you run on it? Arca? I just don’t want it attached to the barrel.
I don't have a mount for mine. I shoot a ladder test to see which nodes I can use for a particular powder. Then I zero the rifle and see what the group is. Even if the magnetospeed does affect the POI, it hardly matters to me when load developing. Once I'm satisfied with the load, I can quickly zero. Takes a few more rounds, but I don't need to chrono that often to justify the ARCA mount. If I did, as another poster posted, I would go with MK Machining.

Reactions: skyrep
I have Chrony (till I blew it up), Caldwell, Magnetospeed, and Labrador. I like the Labrador for some things (especially archery with the mic), but if I had to buy only one it would be the Magnetospeed. On a bayonet with the spigot it 100%, and won't effect anything.

I like that. You have had good luck with magnetospeed and rimfire?
Yes, it's easier to set up than the LabRadar. I use the LabRadar for center fire and the MagnetoSpeed for the rimfire. I've used both at the same time and found that the different in MV was less than 10 FPS.

Yes, it's easier to set up than the LabRadar. I use the LabRadar for center fire and the MagnetoSpeed for the rimfire. I've used both at the same time and found that the different in MV was less than 10 FPS.
What I like to hear. Sounds like Magnetospeed it is.

Reactions: skyrep
I can say that I have used all 3 main types of chrono's, the tent, bayonet, and Doppler... the tent style almost requires it be 10'/3m from the barrel to be anything close to accurate which usually ends up getting hit not to mention a real pain setting up... the bayonet is easier but is inaccurate when comparing same load/gun and eviro usually on the highside of velocity, can be used with rimless and even pellet... the Doppler has a pretty steep learning curve between setup and mobile app. The mechanical setup needed tweaking a bit also. If you don't control it from the app, you will need to verify the aim each time you touch it. The real advantage to the Doppler (Labradar) is it's accuracy at 5 different distances out 100 yrs... it will also include kinetic energy based on the weight of the projectile. Included will be the power factor required in many competitions. Pretty much requires a battery pack if you're going to shoot all day.
I'm pretty impressed with my Labradar so far...

texashaag