• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which DBM require no fitting?

HN7

Sergeant
Minuteman
Sep 10, 2010
KY, USA
I have a Rem700 SPS Tac in .308 and want to convert mine to use magazine. Which DBM out there that can be drop in and require no fitting? Thanks.

Re: Which DBM require no fitting?

they all will require a little bit.

I would go with HS Precision DBM. You only have to take out a little bit with a dremel and it is an interior cut. So even if you screw up, you still don't see it when everything is put together.

Next would be Seekins Original DBM. But you still have to inlet for it.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eastTexBulldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wyatt's detachable mag system is a direct drop in for B&C stocks. </div></div>
Thanks. I checked it out. Looks pretty sturdy. I plan on getting a B&C too so that's perfect.

Hoopers are not drop in's, they require fitting.

The HS Precision DBM is a drop-in for the Remington 700P & LTR with HS Precision stock.

It's generally considered inferior to the systems that use AICS magazines, but they're not drop-in.

I don't know if they do it anymore, but years ago GA Precision would inlet your stock for the Badger M5 / AICS magazines for a nominal fee and had a great price on the Badger M5 bottom-metal.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: wfjames22</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Hoopers are not drop in's, they require fitting. </div></div>I am corrected, will edit post.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HN7</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: eastTexBulldog</div><div class="ubbcode-body">wyatt's detachable mag system is a direct drop in for B&C stocks. </div></div>
Thanks. I checked it out. Looks pretty sturdy. I plan on getting a B&C too so that's perfect. </div></div>

The Wyatt System is great. I have it installed in my B&C Stock. Here is what it looks like with the 5 round round.

Rifle2.jpg

I contacted Wyatt and they say it's a drop in for both the Hogue and B&C stock. Looks like I found what I need. Thanks guys for your help.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: HN7</div><div class="ubbcode-body">I contacted Wyatt and they say it's a drop in for both the Hogue and B&C stock. Looks like I found what I need. Thanks guys for your help. </div></div>
Does he have a website?
thanks

Wyatts dropped in my HS R5 stock perfectly, fit as good or better than factory metal.

<span style="font-style: italic">Just</span> ordered a Wyatt's for my Rem 700 (.308 TLR with B&C stock)...that's the one you're shipping to San Diego, Kevin! Looking forward to it
cool.gif

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: gun-rx</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Here's our site: www.wyattsoutdoor.com

Thanks to all for using our products. Kevin </div></div>

H&S is what I got.
4 rd
moregunstuff26.jpg

10rd
moregunstuff28.jpg

and these are doulbe stack but center feed.
moregunstuff23.jpg

i am not so sure about HS DBMs being considered inferior, its just there is more of a preference for aics DBMS probably partially due to the fact that the hs mags cost almost twice as much

Wyatt's (.308...5 rd mag)....took all of 15mins to drop in with <span style="font-weight: bold">no </span>modifications in a Rem700 XCR TLR....no slop, no wiggle, mags drop right out with button release. Good stuff
cool.gif

58ac37bc.jpg

fa3a6905.jpg