• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Digital Calipers do you use or recommend?

BiggBeans

Supporter
Supporter
Minuteman
Feb 20, 2017
Kansas
Looking to buy some high end digital calipers. Right now i use some cheap Titan digital calipers that i purchased at my local auto parts store. But i feel like its time to upgrade to something better. What are you guys using?

I believe the Mitutoyo 500-196-30 calipers are the go-to for reloading. They're actually one sale right now on Amazon, too.

Reactions: Dogtown and lash
I got these on Amazon 3 years ago for $35, and after heavy use, they've been totally reliable and accurate. You can spend more, and get better recognized brands, but I'm not sure you'll get better results.

Looking to buy some high end digital calipers. Right now i use some cheap Titan digital calipers that i purchased at my local auto parts store. But i feel like its time to upgrade to something better. What are you guys using?

So what is it about these calipers that are lacking? Is the accuracy not repeatable? Are they not smooth in their movement? Why do you believe they need to be upgraded?

I believe the Mitutoyo 500-196-30 calipers are the go-to for reloading. They're actually one sale right now on Amazon, too.
I have these calipers and they work well, repeatable and consistent when compared side by side to my old analog Brown & Sharpe calipers. If you want to spend more look at Starrett but the Mitutoyo are a solid choice.

I have some older analog calipers. What I like about the Mitutuyo's is that they can zero and measure the delta easily.

Reactions: lash
I have the Mitutoyo 500-752-20 and like them really well... All, be careful buying Mitutoyo on Amazon, there are alot of Mitutoyo "CHYNA" knock offs out there...
Definitely, just make sure that it's shipped AND sold by Amazon.

Reactions: lash