• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

WHICH DIGITAL POWDER SCALE?

DocLes

Sergeant
Minuteman
Aug 24, 2012
ARKANSAS
I am sooooo tired of the beam scale, I think it's time for a digital. I have read so much on the different ones it has become confusing to me. Any suggestions would be very appreciated.

Doc Les

Re: WHICH DIGITAL POWDER SCALE?

This will serve you well, $134, NOT $1000! Google Reviews, I own one they are excellent.
GemPro 250

I use an RCBS Range Master 750. I know there are mixed reviews out there on this scale, but mine works great.

ScottNC...the GemPro 250 looks awesome. It would be nice to have a higher resolution scale than the RCBS 750.

I like my RCBS Chargemaster for my loads but, I load for hunting within 500 yards. It has served me well.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Budget?</div></div>
Money not a problem.

Doc Les

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocLes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Budget?</div></div>
Money not a problem.

Doc Les </div></div>

Sartorius GD 503

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: RagnarDM</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocLes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Budget?</div></div>
Money not a problem.

Doc Les </div></div>

Sartorius GD 503 </div></div>

+1

Check out a Gem Pro 250. Relatively inexpensive, about $135.00, good long term warranty, fairly stable and drift free, and reads out to .02 gr. Don't know about battery life, don't use them, only the converter.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: DocLes</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: 427Cobra</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Budget?</div></div>
Money not a problem.

Doc Les </div></div>

prometheus obviously (money not a problem..)

I've got an Ohaus ... but its $1400

I also upgraded to internal calibration option
http://scaleman.com/ohaus-av213-electronic-milligram-scale.html

DSC00696.JPG

Oh, get the 52g XP56. Only $27,000. You'll be glad you did.

http://www.affordablescales.com/scales_specs.asp?specs=2365&Mettler_Toledo_XP56

The GD503 is probably more than you need but is probably the standard for the anal retentive loader. Used to be around $1,100 shipped. Looks like it's gone up.

http://balance.balances.com/scales/559/

The GemPro 250 is a darn fine budget scale, though. For a strain gage scale it's hard to beat for the price. Good enough to count kernels at the Varget scale. Each kernel of Varget is about .02 more or less.

GD-503 is the way to go. The Prometheus is a beam scale, but if you plan on shooting nothing but extruded powders, it is the way to go for powder only.