• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

• The site has been updated!

If you notice any issues, please let us know below!

VIEW THREAD

Range Report Which drag model?

hornet shooter

Sergeant
Minuteman
Jan 12, 2012
Canyon lake Tx
For the .308 win pushing a 168gr Amax at 2808fps which native drag model do I use on ballistic AE? Also which use drag model do I use? Thanks guys im new to this ballistic software stuff.

Re: Which drag model?

Oh by the way I have the native drag model set for G1 and the Use drag model set for G5. This is giving me trajectory that is pretty close to my DOPE.

For most cases in precision rifle, you'll be given G1 and/or G7 BC's. G7 is preferred, so use that if possible. G1 is given more often for several reasons, but companies are finally starting to switch to G7.

G1 is based on a flat based, round nose form. G7 is based on a long, boattail form. Guess which one is more similar to our bullets.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: hornet shooter</div><div class="ubbcode-body">For the .308 win pushing a 168gr Amax at 2808fps which native drag model do I use on ballistic AE? Also which use drag model do I use? Thanks guys im new to this ballistic software stuff. </div></div>

If using Ballistic AE, try reaching out to Ring or AshesToAshes. I believe they are developers for the program. I use G7 when I use Ballistic AE, works good.