• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which Firearm Did You Buy And Couldn't Wait To Get Rid Of?

Yeah. Am I the only one who's ever bought a Hi- Point? Sold it back to a pawn shop for more than I paid! Unbelievable! Also that shit tiny kel-tec that I thought was ok (at best) briefly.

HK USP45T - got it and was like, WTF was I thinking?

HK USP45C LEM - still have it, never shoot it, and am like WTF was I thinking?

Apparently I just didn't learn my lesson with HK pistols. Grips royally suck. Grip angles are weird. Ergonomics are retarded.

Les Baer Premier II (?). A real piece of made-on-Friday shit. This was back in the days when I lived in CA; hadda buy it on the blind because no stores had them for sale (or inspection). The fit and finish was worse than some of the chineee imitation 1911s--Norincos, et al. Milling marks on the outside of the slide, 7-1/4 lb slop trigger pull (we measured it with two different gauges because the FFL couldn't believe it either). A customer waiting for his turn offered me $100 less than I paid and I sold it before I took delivery. HE sent it back about 4 months later, after the Les Baer advisory "run ~500 rounds through it", thinking they'd take care of him. Ha. They denied there was anything wrong and returned it.

Best group it ever shot was a single 5-shot, 25yd 2-5/8" group from a Ransom Rest. So bad that the owner (one of the range officers) stapled that group and 2 others along with a picture of Baer on the pistol range office wall above the cashier's head so everyone could see what the Les Baer warranty was worth. Man, he was peeved. For $100, I threw that problem out the door. Best gun money I ever spent. :)

Keltec RFB.
Took it out of the box, shouldered it and said “Nope this pile is gonna blow up in my face”
Sold it the next day

Chiappa M1-22. The piece of crap doubled on some shots and fired when resetting the trigger other times. Group sizes were about 15" at 100 yards. It went right back to the dealer.

FNX 45 tactical (designed to be shot suppressed, worst blowback I've ever experienced.)

FN 5.7 (impractical, ammo stupid expensive at the time.)

S&W 629 (prefer Ruger for my .44s)

Remington model 7 in .260rem. This one was going to be a mule deer gun, but it wouldn't shoot any better than about a 2" group @100.

AAC .300 blackout. Its a 300 Blackout, no further explanation needed.

Kahr MK40 Elite03. This one was heavy as an anchor, and the capacity was extremely limited. Sold it for 3x what I paid.

Keltec RDB. I bought one when they were first released because i'm wrong handed and thought a downward ejecting bullpup would be fun. It shot like shit and the build quality was sketchy. I sold it after a range day to sight it in. I cleared it, put it in my truck, and drove home. Got home, cleared it again and a live round flew out of the chamber. Nope. Sold it the next day.

Got as part of a trade a compact, semi auto 380 made in some ferun country. Must have had a 15 lb trigger pull and some weird ass awkward way of removing the mag. Don't even remember how I got rid of it.

Ishipor .308 from Rose's.. I didn't know the forend was broke under the barrel band. About the third or fourth round the sight protector was against the sight. Sold it on consignment for more than I paid for it when I finally got rid of it.

After thinking a few minutes there was a used Squire .22 semi auto with a bad ejector. Replaced the ejector. Still sucked. A friend bought it to use as a single shot to teach his son how to shoot since he couldn't mag dump it. I recommended a 10/22 but he wanted it. He might still have it. He moved 15 years ago, haven't heard from him since.

Last edited:
Ed Brown Special Forces. Price was too good to pass up. Nothing wrong with it at all. Just wasn't for me.

IMG_0298.JPG

The GSG MP5 replica. It's a .22lr POS...stay far away.

Scandium framed S&W .357 Magnum. Every shot was like getting smacking in the hand with a ball peen hammer. You would have to be in fear of dying to fire the thing. I fired 12 rounds, cleaned it, packed it up and took it to the store to trade. It was seriously unpleasant.

Reactions: gunjunkie45
Scandium framed S&W .357 Magnum. Every shot was like getting smacking in the hand with a ball peen hammer. You would have to be in fear of dying to fire the thing. I fired 12 rounds, cleaned it, packed it up and took it to the store to trade. It was seriously unpleasant.
That was mine too. Freaking thing was a angry bear to shoot and I seriously wondered if it would fly out of my hand in a one handed quick defense scuffle. Have the .38 442 version and love it.

S&W Performance Center Model 41: Newer version with the flat top rail. Paid high retail cuz "I needed it" and bought that bitch a box or three of every expensive match round I could find cuz my bullseye shooter friends said "you need to find what she likes". Hours at the range turned in to days because that gun didn't like bullets. Failure to Fire, Failure to eject, Fail to load, Failure to lock...etc, etc, etc. When back to S&W THREE times, each time came back with more tool marks on the breach and slide, the last time with a zinger on the top near the sight (WTF). I spent a rocket load on fancy ammo it wouldn't shoot. It shot three stingers in a row and I thought I was on to it but alas, round 4 failed to fire. Was it accurate? With one round groups at 25 yds, it was spot on! Sold it to a guy that wanted it for his pops and said "he's never gonna shoot it, he has Parkinsons and can't hold a gun. But, he's always wanted one so now he'll get one." I told him about the birth defects but he didn't care because it was just a present, nothing more. Still feel guilty though I sold it for less than I paid and S&W has seen the last of my debit card.

Last edited:
Springfield XDS 9mm

Never shot a pistol that the POI was so low on. Literally would have to move my head around to see where the impacts were on target. Could have likely been fixed with new sights I’m sure, but why would I do that when I could sell it and buy a G43.

I bought a Interarms 25-06 from a guy and it came with 500 rounds of handloads. The rifle wouldn't shoot, but the 25-06 ammo shot 1/4 inch groups in my 25-06. Was nuts.

Interarms got traded for a Monday built 22lR Anschutz then it got traded for a Ruger #3 that would fire on it's own.

Eventually I moved overseas and sold everything I owned and started over again.

Winchester/USRAC 94 Trapper in .44 mag, 12" groups at 50yds on a good day.
Winchester/USRAC 94 in 45 Colt, bulged cases and only slightly more accurate than the Trapper.
Browning BPS 3 1/2" 12ga, coned patterns so bad till it would not put a single buckshot pellet in a 30" target past 35 yards.

Last edited:
A buddy bought one of those. About the same experience. We shot a couple rounds of 38 and 38 +p. Wasn't too bad... I touched off one round of 357 and set the gun down. He fired 3. He split the web between his forefinger and thumb. He took it back the next day. Maybe 18 rounds between us.

Reactions: Holliday
I still own both but....
Kimber Ultra Carry II
Kimber Mountain Ascent in .280 Ackley Improved
I'll NEVER buy another Kimber anything.
I still have them because I'd be ashamed to sell them to some other dipshit.

• Haha
Reactions: Makinchips208