• Watch Out for Scammers!

We've now added a color code for all accounts. Orange accounts are new members, Blue are full members, and Green are Supporters. If you get a message about a sale from an orange account, make sure you pay attention before sending any money!

Which "gucci" ar to get?

For what it's worth, I use 77gr TMK on hogs/deer with devastating effect. It's a fantastic round, much better than the older SMK.

Never had one fail to fragment out of a short barre

77gr TMK and 50/70gr TSX are what our JSOC guys are using overseas out of 10.5 inch barrels if that tells you anything.

The rokslide thread posted below has over 100 pages of guys using 77gr TMK on everything from hogs to elk. Incredible ballistics.

Haven't used any TMK's yet.. Just some standard ol IMI 77gr.
As far as the Barnes though, I like the 62gr TTSX a lot. They do a number on hogs! Wanna get ahold of some of the heavier Barnes LRX's..

What is it for??. What do you already have? What do your existing ars not do?

All my other Small frame AR's are 16" and under, even when im shooting at 100 yards im almost always shooting one of my 6.5CM's. I just wanted a small frame that was fun/cheaper to shoot and if need be I could take her out to distance.

Reactions: Forgetful Coyote
Just got in from test driving the new .223, for just the first round of barrel break-in using Black Hills 55gr FMJ she's showing some promise. I had a random Magazine with five rounds of Black Hills 77 in my shooting bag and it stacked them pretty well, looks like it's gonna be another shooter.

20231109_150734.jpg
20231109_150738.jpg
20231109_150747.jpg
20231109_150752.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: bigjake83